Port Arthur Memorial (23) @ Barbers Hill (52) - FINAL

jdawg03

I can say that sometimes a wake up call can catapult a talented team like PAM. Look at PNG in 1999. Very good team loses to WOS in the last seconds of the game and brought them back into the atmosphere... and then they marched to state. Better to loose to a good team in district than in the playoffs. This could be the game that makes PAM start playing quarters 1 and 2 and not just quarters 3 and 4. PAM is a talented team. They may get to playing 4 quarters of football up to their potential. Best of Luck PAM this Indian is pulling for a great season for our neighbors. 

5 hours ago, BHFAN said:

Want to do a shout out to Jr. Jadon Rodriguez. He finished the night with 199 yards with 3 TD’s @ 14 yards a carry! And if course the O-Line for opening up holes to run through.  Jadon was in beast mode last night.

Some of you guys may remember Derrick Reescano from Hardin back in the late 2000's. Jadon is his son. Looks like he inherited some of that talent. 

8 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I remember him. 

I had heard that….was a great athlete…believe he triple jumped 49’ among other track and football accolades….Jadon is on BHs sprint relay that ran a school record 41.9 this past season…..don’t sleep on BHs speed…was pretty apparent last night among skill players.

9 hours ago, prepballfan said:

I can say that sometimes a wake up call can catapult a talented team like PAM. Look at PNG in 1999. Very good team loses to WOS in the last seconds of the game and brought them back into the atmosphere... and then they marched to state. Better to loose to a good team in district than in the playoffs. This could be the game that makes PAM start playing quarters 1 and 2 and not just quarters 3 and 4. PAM is a talented team. They may get to playing 4 quarters of football up to their potential. Best of Luck PAM this Indian is pulling for a great season for our neighbors. 

Sometimes the best thing that can happen to a good team is to lose, as long as it’s to a good team. You get your weaknesses exposed so you can improve. 

On 10/28/2023 at 10:05 AM, Matthew328 said:

Talked to two HCs in the district they both advised the tiebreaker is net points with an 18 point cap

Once you go points you stay points 

If there's a three way tie between BH, LP and PAM

1) BH +11

2) LP -4

3) PAM -7

Port Arthur Memorial is likely going to either Forney or McKinney 

So a little breaking news...there was some confusion with the coaches in the district regarding the tiebreaker...they met today and confirmed the cap is +/- 14

So if there's a 3 way tie it'll end up

1) BH +7

2) PAM -3

3) LP -4

La Porte likely headed to DFW Rd 1

3 minutes ago, Matthew328 said:

So a little breaking news...there was some confusion with the coaches in the district regarding the tiebreaker...they met today and confirmed the cap is +/- 14

1) BH +7

2) PAM -3

3) LP -4

Makes sense. 

17 minutes ago, Matthew328 said:

1) BH +7

2) PAM -3

3) LP -4

Except for the travel, LP may be a better matchup with Forney than PAM anyway. And, LP hasn’t had a ‘Home’ game all year anyway.

4 hours ago, OlDawg said:

Except for the travel, LP may be a better matchup with Forney than PAM anyway. And, LP hasn’t had a ‘Home’ game all year anyway.

I was thinking the same. LP I think will give Forney the better game mainly because I do t think they have went against an offense like LP. Forney offense is fantastic,but their defense is.

17 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

I was thinking the same. LP I think will give Forney the better game mainly because I do t think they have went against an offense like LP. Forney offense is fantastic,but their defense is.

How was Forney when y’all played last year? I only saw highlights & looked like it was a 6-0 game if I saw correctly?

Just now, Crawdad said:

I really doubt there have been any meetings among coaches prior to the final games….I’ll believe it when it comes out after the final games….never heard of 14 points being max….seems a bit low to me.

I agree. The norm and what I have seen from most other districts are 18 or 21.

4 minutes ago, OlDawg said:

How was Forney when y’all played last year? I only saw highlights & looked like it was a 6-0 game if I saw correctly?

We beat them 24-7 last year at BH. They were good on defense, but had no weapons on offense. I know they got some DIV 1 move ins from last year, but surprised they are so highly touted this year.

8 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

Y’all are going to give Buddy a heart attack.

Not I. 😁 Some folks may not like the scenario and that's cool, but if things go according to plan on Friday night I'm going to love it!

And btw: I trust Stepp, he's keyed in on those type of things as far as playoff scenarios. As well as Ashly Elam. 

Seems like AAW had it right the first time as far as playoff order, just the point cap was off. 

26 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Not I. 😁 Some folks may not like the scenario and that's cool, but if things go according to plan on Friday night I'm going to love it!

And btw: I trust Stepp, he's keyed in on those type of things as far as playoff scenarios. As well as Ashly Elam. 

Seems like AAW had it right the first time as far as playoff order, just the point cap was off. 

The point cap changed the order I believe. If 18, PAM 3 seed & LP 2 seed if a 3 way tie. The 4 point drop puts PAM 1 ahead of LP and into the 2 seed.

Basically, y’all’s blow out loss doesn’t hurt you as bad. LP only lost by 11 and beat the other team in the potential 3 way tie being discussed. But, y’all leapfrogged due to the point cap supposedly being lowered.

11 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

14 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Point cap makes all the difference here.  Unless Stepp and Elam sat in the District Coaches meeting prior to the season, or got hold of the meeting minutes, they don’t know for sure either.  We’ll see…..