Port Arthur Memorial (23) @ Barbers Hill (52) - FINAL

jdawg03

13 minutes ago, Coach_Izzy said:

@BMTSoulja1 remember when I told you PA had piss poor coaching? Here’s proof lol 

This I agree and everyone knows it, but still give them passes for beating up on Baytown schools. They should have recruited another qb. Nobody brought the house against this kid all year… I said it on here, they blitz this kid, even with delayed blitzes he’s gonna fold like laundry. I saw that last year when he saw action when the starter would come out. But, that’s that good ol boy we want TJ blood running the show. 

Just now, Crawdad said:

@AggiesAreWe you sure about this?  Where did you get your information?

It's my understanding that this district uses the tiebreaker policy how I stated it.

Some districts use the point system throughout the 3 way tie. Some use it to break 3 way and then go head to head.

I will double check.

19 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

It's my understanding that this district uses the tiebreaker policy how I stated it.

Some districts use the point system throughout the 3 way tie. Some use it to break 3 way and then go head to head.

I will double check.

I don’t know of any District that would not use the 3 way tie throughout….why should LaPorte’s win over BH have any less weight than PAM’s win over LaPorte?  

What a game.  Memorial forgot to get on the bus.  Overwhelming lack of preparation and heart.  Coaches game plan…was.. Non-existent..not even sure what it was.  They couldn’t get anything going on offense.. They didn’t want that game man.  They went in there unprepared.  That’s on the coaches.  Big time.  The players..lacked the will to wanna win…lacked concentration.  They were not focused out there.  The defense..wow.  They made y’all look bad out there.  What happened?  Y’all have to be better than that. It’s only one week.  But the way of defeat…is inexcusable.  It’s all done now though.  Turn the page and on to next week.  The team as a whole needs to really get it together..quick. 

Credit to the Hill.  They went out there and took care of business.  They hit PA with a left then a right…and just kept swinging..lol. Memorial couldn’t do anything about it.  Great job to you guys. 

10 hours ago, Reagan said:

What you have here is a proven Championship-type coach in the BH coach. ....I think that was the difference!  

Thank You, it was. As of last night, Absek has officially put his stamp on the program. Its funny to go back and think of some of the shade thrown his way since he arrived. I said several times there is a process at work, it wont happen overnight but he is indeed building. It will take some time. One certain poster from a nearby program said "BH was crying our eyes out missing TW" which was beyond perposterous, and another described Absek as a "mentee" to their "mentor" coach thats currently 1-7. Of course shade thrown at BH and epic disinformation is expected from them. 

In any case, I am glad to see Absek finally get some recognition from the outside. I like the trajectory BH is on, regardless what the rest of this season holds for the Eagles. The depth is building in the lower classes. BH picked up a winner. 

Some thoughts. First huge win by BH! Anytime you beat someone you previously could not, it's a big win. PAM has been the one to beat in the district and BH did it last night. Congrats to Absek and the boys! You brought it!

Eagles need to celebrate, then get lazer focued on 6-3 Porter who is alive and fighting for their lives. It will NOT be an easy road trip next week. BH has to bring it again.

PAM just had an off night. It happens to everyone at some point. IMO PAM should not panic. Their althleticism and talent is still there to make a deep run regardless of their loss to BH. I bet PAM will crush KP next week. I hope PAM is patient with their coach. Sometimes the best decision is to not make one.   

Its gratifying to see BH overcome all the injuries and adversity this year. A month ago BH was playing with half a team and took a L. Now BH fully controls their destiny. Keep it up Eagles! Still lots of work to do! Go Eagles!!!       

1 minute ago, Separation Scientist said:

Some thoughts. First huge win by BH! Anytime you beat someone you previously could not, it's a big win. PAM has been the one to beat in the district and BH did it last night. Congrats to Absek and the boys! You brought it!

Eagles need to celebrate, then get lazer focued on 6-3 Porter who is alive and fighting for their lives. It will NOT be an easy road trip next week. BH has to bring it again.

PAM just had an off night. It happens to everyone at some point. IMO PAM should not panic. Their althleticism and talent is still there to make a deep run regardless of their loss to BH. I bet PAM will crush KP next week. I hope PAM is patient with their coach. Sometimes the best decision is to not make one.   

Its gratifying to see BH overcome all the injuries and adversity this year. A month ago BH was playing with half a team and took a L. Now BH fully controls their destiny. Keep it up Eagles! Still lots of work to do! Go Eagles!!!       

Congrats on the dub. 💪🏾

6 hours ago, truPAfan said:

What a game.  Memorial forgot to get on the bus.  Overwhelming lack of preparation and heart.  Coaches game plan…was.. Non-existent..not even sure what it was.  They couldn’t get anything going on offense.. They didn’t want that game man.  They went in there unprepared.  That’s on the coaches.  Big time.  The players..lacked the will to wanna win…lacked concentration.  They were not focused out there.  The defense..wow.  They made y’all look bad out there.  What happened?  Y’all have to be better than that. It’s only one week.  But the way of defeat…is inexcusable.  It’s all done now though.  Turn the page and on to next week.  The team as a whole needs to really get it together..quick. 

Credit to the Hill.  They went out there and took care of business.  They hit PA with a left then a right…and just kept swinging..lol. Memorial couldn’t do anything about it.  Great job to you guys. 

Agree! PAM was not prepared. They did not play as well as expected and those were the results! If they want a deep run in the playoffs, the need to be extremely prepared and play better than expected. The penalties and turnovers are the reason games are lost. No excuses period.

Question , not that it would have made any difference. Why did PAM never put a returner back on punts? Our punts were so bad if some one would have been there the field position or even a possible return for a quick 6. Do they usually do that?

3 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

Question , not that it would have made any difference. Why did PAM never put a returner back on punts? Our punts were so bad if some one would have been there the field position or even a possible return for a quick 6. Do they usually do that?

I thought that was weird as well, no they don't usually do that the whole game, may have a couple times in a game where they don't put anyone back there. 

Are BH punts normally bad? If so that's the only reason why they wouldn't put anyone back to return. 

9 hours ago, Crawdad said:

I don’t know of any District that would not use the 3 way tie throughout….why should LaPorte’s win over BH have any less weight than PAM’s win over LaPorte?  

Talked to two HCs in the district they both advised the tiebreaker is net points with an 18 point cap

Once you go points you stay points 

If there's a three way tie between BH, LP and PAM

1) BH +11

2) LP -4

3) PAM -7

Port Arthur Memorial is likely going to either Forney or McKinney 

2 minutes ago, Matthew328 said:

Talked to two HCs in the district they both advised the tiebreaker is net points with an 18 point cap

1) BH +11

2) LP -4

3) PAM -7

Thanks 👍🏾

2 minutes ago, Matthew328 said:

1) BH +11

2) LP -4

3) PAM -7

Wow! PAM just became Crosby’s #1 Fan

16 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I thought that was weird as well, no they don't usually do that the whole game, may have a couple times in a game where they don't put anyone back there. 

Are BH punts normally bad? If so that's the only reason why they wouldn't put anyone back to return. 

Punts are never spectacular, but better than last night for sure