Orangefield at Kirbyville

Cat22

1 hour ago, 2wedge said:

The loss of last year's QB is clearly hurting Anahuac. 

Didn't Anahuac lose a solid RB and college caliber WR as well ?  And can somebody answer my question about if Buna defeats Hardin, that Anahuac is eliminated from playoffs?  I had heard this but wasn't sure if that was accurate or not?

6 minutes ago, LIBERTY82 said:

Didn't Anahuac lose a solid RB and college caliber WR as well ?  And can somebody answer my question about if Buna defeats Hardin, that Anahuac is eliminated from playoffs?  I had heard this but wasn't sure if that was accurate or not?

Buna wins, they are in and Anahuac is out.

1 hour ago, LIBERTY82 said:

Yep, Anahuac lost a couple good athletes before the season started due to a tragic accident. Barrier is good but Anahuac was good before he got there and was still competitive this year although they lost him and 2 or 3 other good players. 

3 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

That goes against the narrative that Barrier was nothing special. 

I’m sure he’s good.  But as some have said here, one player doesn’t make a team.  Remember the discussion we had concerning the good QB PNG had a few years back and his then coach?!

PS — did Barrier also play defense?

3 hours ago, Reagan said:

I’m sure he’s good.  But as some have said here, one player doesn’t make a team.  Remember the discussion we had concerning the good QB PNG had a few years back and his then coach?!

PS — did Barrier also play defense?

One player doesn’t make a team… but the QB position matters a lot more than other positions as well

11 hours ago, BBfan061 said:

Plus he is probably facing a step up in competition going up a classification 

Well, the actual narrative was, he was a phenom that could have played for any team in Texas, including 6A's like North Shore even as a Freshman. That was fanciful. Rusk is currently 5-4, 2-3 in district, and in 4th place. (last year they ended 6-5, 3-3). No real impact so far. The QB would have excelled much more in 3A. Still hoping for the best for him though.  

1 minute ago, Separation Scientist said:

Well, the actual narrative was, he was a phenom that could have played for any team in Texas, including 6A's like North Shore even as a Freshman. Rusk is currently 5-4, 2-3 in district, in 4th place. (last year they ended 6-5, 3-3). No real impact so far. The QB would have excelled much more in 3A.  

I mean most people that have common sense know that the first part of what you said isn’t logical lol

I agree. The hype they put on the kid was detrimental. I urged them to slow down and give him some time to develop, but some did not appreciate it. I happened to be outside the upper level suites at AT&T last year. Todd Dodge and a few friends left their suite to go to the elevators. Out of the corner of my eye I noticed a young man and his mother hurriedly walking up to catch Todd Dodge before the elevators opened. Mom introduced her son to TD, and enthusiastically told TD about all the great things the son was about to do. TD was very polite and listened, and wished them well. At that moment I felt that a bar was being set too high for a Freshman from a 3A school in a weak district. As I said before, it seemed unfair to him. JMO, that's all.   

6 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

I agree. The hype they put on the kid was detrimental. I urged them to slow down and give him some time to develop, but some did not appreciate it. I happened to be outside the upper level suites at AT&T last year. Todd Dodge and a few friends left their suite to go to the elevators. Out of the corner of my eye I noticed a young man and his mother hurriedly walking up to catch Todd Dodge before the elevators opened. Mom introduced her son to TD, and enthusiastically told TD about all the great things the son was about to do. TD was very polite and listened, and wished them well. At that moment I felt that a bar was being set too high for a Freshman from a 3A school in a weak district. As I said before, it seemed unfair to him. JMO, that's all.   

Ha!

On 11/1/2023 at 9:59 AM, LIBERTY82 said:

Anahuac and Buna are tied for 4th place. Buna beat Anahuac. Does not look to good for Anahuac.