PNG vs WOS Game Week Discussion

Rez Ipsa

Who wins?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• West Orange-Stark
    • Port Neches-Groves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/09/2023 at 12:00 AM

8 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

From the link I posted earlier....

PNG Coach Jeff Joseph is from the Katy football program and has adopted the same 50 Defense used at Katy for his Indians. Hickman described, "They are going to play five in the box, they're going to play cover four in the back, and they rally to the football."

Yes he is from Katy, and son of the coach who won many championships at Katy.

10 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

From the link I posted earlier....

PNG Coach Jeff Joseph is from the Katy football program and has adopted the same 50 Defense used at Katy for his Indians. Hickman described, "They are going to play five in the box, they're going to play cover four in the back, and they rally to the football."

With that in mind, H needs to concentrate on short throws and play action passes. Use speed to run to the outside. Take what they give you and chip away the D 5 yards at a time. I just made all that up, but it sure sounded good. Lol.

2 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

With that in mind, H needs to concentrate on short throws and play action passes. Use speed to run to the outside. Take what they give you and chip away the D 5 yards at a time. I just made all that up, but it sure sounded good. Lol.

Not bad for a "fan". Now imagine if the word coach was in front of your name. 

7 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

But, u also know ur right.but, let me say this png is bigger than us up front when they're on offense.and we have been able to handle png in recent years running the 50.bcz our kids shoot gabs.and run alot cover 1 and cover 2.on the back end.it takes away those double moves routes.so he's determined to do away with it. So we're gonna see if they can stop that wild cat which is coming.and the big pass plays.he outta know how they handled us up front last year.guess we will see if he learned anything!!

35 minutes ago, dj said:

But, u also know ur right.but, let me say this png is bigger than us up front when they're on offense.and we have been able to handle png in recent years running the 50.bcz our kids shoot gabs.and run alot cover 1 and cover 2.on the back end.it takes away those double moves routes.so he's determined to do away with it. So we're gonna see if they can stop that wild cat which is coming.and the big pass plays.he outta know how they handled us up front last year.guess we will see if he learned anything!!

What I’m curious to see is WOS dbs against PNG short passes. Png qb is solid, but there isn’t a lot of zip on the ball, so far. There were a couple passes against BU that faster DBs would have intercepted because the ball was moving so slowly. It hurt us against PAM. I hope we clean it up, but I think WOS will get some opportunities there. 

I would like to welcome all those who make the trip over from WOS. I could only wish PNG had the talent that your school does. I have nothing but respect and honor for WOS. Whether we win or lose tonight we will be better for playing the speed and excellence that WOS brings to the table. I hope you guys get back on the right track asap. You deserve it. Best of luck tonight and know that win or lose I will always respect the Stangs from WOS.