Woodville (39) @ Newton (44) - FINAL

jdawg03

3 minutes ago, jds82 said:

Hmmm I know this is probably against UIL rules, but my thought is that Woodville should take these last two non district games and rest (forfeit), figure out their identity as a team (coaches included) and start district play on a clean slate. What say ye???

There is nothing wrong with Woodville. They are a very good team and has played two consistently great programs back-to-back, while barely coming up short in both. The 0-2 record does not reflect a bad team by any means. Woodville will be just fine and will beat a lot of teams this year. Good job, Newton. This is a young team and will only get better.

4 minutes ago, jds82 said:

Hmmm I know this is probably against UIL rules, but my thought is that Woodville should take these last two non district games and rest (forfeit), figure out their identity as a team (coaches included) and start district play on a clean slate. What say ye???

I say your being dramatic 😂 

2 minutes ago, jds82 said:

Absolutely not... The teams they played are perennial powerhouses where you like it or not which one is a defending champion and the other one has won a few recently.  Woodville played the 2 games on the schedule and for them to be hanging around in both games speaks a lot about them.  I've teased @Woodvillian1980 all night but I'm a realist and not a fool so DO NOT count them out as the rest of the schedule is "fairly easy" and that's start with Liberty next week and I will pay attention to that one.

1 minute ago, TrojanWarrior08 said:

Absolutely not... The teams they played are perennial powerhouses where you like it or not which one is a defending champion and the other one has won a few recently.  Woodville played the 2 games on the schedule and for them to be hanging around in both games speaks a lot about them.  I've teased @Woodvillian1980 all night but I'm a realist and not a fool so DO NOT count them out as the rest of the schedule is "fairly easy" and that's start with Liberty next week and I will pay attention to that one.

I agree with you 100%. Playing top notch competition the first two games is no slouch. I would say about 90% of teams wouldn’t dare schedule back to back teams on the caliber of Franklin and Newton. It should bode well for Woodville down the stretch. I’m sure they’re not happy about the result but shouldn’t be discouraged. Keeping their focus and continuing to grow is what they need to do. 

5 minutes ago, Woodvillian1980 said:

I just dont understand why you kick a on-side kick and give them a short field...smh.

I understand your point but I think it's pretty clear we had trouble stopping Newton's offense. Why not try an onside when we've had success with it in the past? Especially in a non district game that really doesn't count for anything other than bragging rights 

7 minutes ago, GATA! said:

Both teams fumbled, both teams had penalties, both teams had injuries, both teams took a kickoff to the house and both teams played hard! Great first showing for this young Newton team.

Newton definitely got some young gunz on that team. Freshman running back and lots of sophomores up front. Should be really good in the future