SCOTUS slaps down Bidens deadbeat student loan scheme!

26 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Like I said… I see a success story.  Jesse Jackson was with MLK in Memphis the day he was killed… he later sat on the platform when the first black President was sworn in… what a great story. You say “oh, yeah, but why is that the only black President we’ve ever had. The next 40 should all be black, too…. We deserve it.” You never can escape from being a victim. I agree with you, though… Obama was a fine politician. He got himself elected and re-elected…. And trump is an idiot… but apparently a lot of idiots like him, too. 

Obama was a fine politician...but a horrible President.  I would have to say the true idiots are those can can be swayed to overlook poor policies with even poorer results simply because they are presented with a smooth delivery.

But I didn't mean to get you sidetracked, back to your berating of the Black community.

5 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Obama was a fine politician...but a horrible President.  I would have to say the true idiots are those can can be swayed to overlook poor policies with even poorer results simply because they are presented with a smooth delivery.

But I didn't mean to get you sidetracked, back to your berating of the Black community.

It’s just the world we live in. I was watching CBS News a couple of weeks ago and they were talking with the MLB commissioner. Keep in mind that 3 of the 4 talking heads in the morning are black. The news guy hopped straight over the big news about the upcoming season to ask about any plans that the MLB has to “fix” the lack of diversity in the big leagues. Like… that’s what you want to ask about? Are we just going to pretend that the NBA isn’t almost completely comprised of black millionaires? The makeup of the nfl doesn’t reflect our racial percentages, either… but we gotta do something about baseball!!!

I’m not berating the black community… I’m berating stupidity. 

On 7/4/2023 at 11:32 AM, Big girl said:

How did they have the same opportunities? Did your parents have to ride in the back of the bus, were their family members lynched? Could they eat at restaurants, could they stay at any hotel that they wished? Yes, my parents did not have that luxery. Were your parents denied opportunities because of their race? Were they told they were not good enough, because of their skin color? You should be ashamed of yourself, you cannot erase the past or minimize what my parents have endured.

Ma’am, while I’ll take your stories as true, the atrocities you speak of are in the past. Let me ask you this. Is it fair for a more qualified candidate based only on merit to NOT be admitted based solely on his hot her race?

2 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

It’s just the world we live in. I was watching CBS News a couple of weeks ago and they were talking with the MLB commissioner. Keep in mind that 3 of the 4 talking heads in the morning are black. The news guy hopped straight over the big news about the upcoming season to ask about any plans that the MLB has to “fix” the lack of diversity in the big leagues. Like… that’s what you want to ask about? Are we just going to pretend that the NBA isn’t almost completely comprised of black millionaires? The makeup of the nfl doesn’t reflect our racial percentages, either… but we gotta do something about baseball!!!

This is the hidden content, please

18 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Ma’am, while I’ll take your stories as true, the atrocities you speak of are in the past. Let me ask you this. Is it fair for a more qualified candidate based only on merit to NOT be admitted based solely on his hot her race?

Nope.The fact that unqualified whites get jobs merely because of their race infuriates me. It works both ways. You act like blacks are the only group this applies to. White people have always had the upper hand. Jobs should be based on merit.

2 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Unless you are black and grew up before the Civil Rights Act you don't have a right to tell me that blacks and whites had the same opportunities, and that only a few blacks experienced racism. The unmitigated gall of some of you people. (CardinalBacker)

12 minutes ago, Big girl said:

Unless you are black and grew up before the Civil Rights Act you don't have a right to tell me that blacks and whites had the same opportunities, and that only a few blacks experienced racism. The unmitigated gall of some of you people. (CardinalBacker)

What gives you the right to tell anybody anything?

24 minutes ago, Big girl said:

Nope.The fact that unqualified whites get jobs merely because of their race infuriates me. It works both ways. You act like blacks are the only group this applies to. White people have always had the upper hand. Jobs should be based on merit.

Not sure what the argument is here, you seem to agree that jobs / college admission should be awarded to the most qualified applicant and race should play no part in the decision making process, correct?

1 hour ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Not sure what the argument is here, you seem to agree that jobs / college admission should be awarded to the most qualified applicant and race should play no part in the decision making process, correct?

Yes. What affirmative action entails is the issue.

2 hours ago, Big girl said:

Why do you say I act in that manner? I merely asked you a question. 
Does it bother you that an Asian may get passed up by a less qualified black person for college admission?

I think that the selection process should be based solely on merit and never based on race…even if that means a white person is passed over by a more qualified minority. Do you agree?

2 hours ago, Big girl said:

The Civil Rights act was passed in 1964.....I was born in 1965 and I feel I'm older than you.....so you didn't grow up before the civil rights act either......so we are BOTH making our opinions based on research.......You being black does not give you some knowledge about it I don't have. 

1 hour ago, SmashMouth said:

Does it bother you that an Asian may get passed up by a less qualified black person for college admission?

I think that the selection process should be based solely on merit and never based on race…even if that means a white person is passed over by a more qualified minority. Do you agree?

That's exactly what was happening and as to why an Asian-American family was the one who was suing to get it changed.

3 hours ago, Big girl said:

Yes. What affirmative action entails is the issue.

Funny how you people screamed integration for years, now that you have accomplished that, you scream for segregation. Make up your freaking mind. I’m sick of your crying. 

5 hours ago, Big girl said:

They’re comparing apples to oranges. They’re basically saying that things are much better now for blacks than in the 1960s, but since blacks as a group lag behind, it’s proof of racism. You know who has done fantastically in the same timeframe? Africans who migrated here since 1964 and married black couples… their numbers are identical or better than white peoples’. Why does racism only seem to affect single parent black households and not two-parent households like yours? Certainly there must be some reason… oh, I forgot… “racism.”

11 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

They’re comparing apples to oranges. They’re basically saying that things are much better now for blacks than in the 1960s, but since blacks as a group lag behind, it’s proof of racism. You know who has done fantastically in the same timeframe? Africans who migrated here since 1964 and married black couples… their numbers are identical or better than white peoples’. Why does racism only seem to affect single parent black households and not two-parent households like yours? Certainly there must be some reason… oh, I forgot… “racism.”

Thank you! You beat me to it.

5 hours ago, Big girl said:

First, you don’t know who was unqualified or qualified. 

Let’s say that a job opening pops up. 10 people apply, and they match the population perfectly. 6 whites, three Hispanics, and one black all apply… and a white person gets the job. In your mind, the white person got the job because they were white. What about the other five white guys and the three Hispanics that didn’t get hired? Doesn’t matter to you, the guy that got hired was hired because he was white. 

But further, Affirmative Action argues that the job belongs to the black guy, even if he was the worst qualified-because he’s black. 

The NFL has the Rooney Rule for coaches. At least one minority candidate must be interviewed any time that a coaching opening comes available. Sounds great… even if it is a little unnecessary because most organizations are already interviewing multiple minority candidates. But that’s where the problem comes in… let’s say that you’re Jerry Jones and you know that you want Jason Garrett to be the next head coach… but you do a few interviews to appease the nfl/minorities even though you’ve already got your guy picked out. Now everybody is mad because you wasted minority applicants’ time when you had no intention of hiring them. You literally can’t win. 

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

First, you don’t know who was unqualified or qualified. 

Let’s say that a job opening pops up. 10 people apply, and they match the population perfectly. 6 whites, three Hispanics, and one black all apply… and a white person gets the job. In your mind, the white person got the job because they were white. What about the other five white guys and the three Hispanics that didn’t get hired? Doesn’t matter to you, the guy that got hired was hired because he was white. 

But further, Affirmative Action argues that the job belongs to the black guy, even if he was the worst qualified-because he’s black. 

The NFL has the Rooney Rule for coaches. At least one minority candidate must be interviewed any time that a coaching opening comes available. Sounds great… even if it is a little unnecessary because most organizations are already interviewing multiple minority candidates. But that’s where the problem comes in… let’s say that you’re Jerry Jones and you know that you want Jason Garrett to be the next head coach… but you do a fewnot interviews to appease the nfl/minorities even though you’ve already got your guy picked out. Now everybody is mad because you wasted minority applicants’ time when you had no intention of hiring them. You literally can’t win. 

Not true.

48 minutes ago, Big girl said:

Not true.

This is straight off the link above. Click the About Us in the Menu Button.

“Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Upstate

Employers with diverse employees get fresh ideas and different perspectives. The leadership at SUNY

Upstate Medical University promotes and supports a diverse workforce.

SUNY Upstate Medical University maintains

Affirmative Action Programs, which assist in achieving diversity, preventing discrimination, and ensuring equal employment opportunity.”

This /\ /\

Sounds like a Racist Organization to me.

17 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

Or a less qualified white person. Does that bother you?

12 hours ago, Unwoke said:

This is straight off the link above. Click the About Us in the Menu Button.

“Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Upstate

Employers with diverse employees get fresh ideas and different perspectives. The leadership at SUNY

Upstate Medical University promotes and supports a diverse workforce.

SUNY Upstate Medical University maintains

Affirmative Action Programs, which assist in achieving diversity, preventing discrimination, and ensuring equal employment opportunity.”

This /\ /\

Sounds like a Racist Organization to me.

Preventing discrimination against qualified minority applicants.