SCOTUS slaps down Bidens deadbeat student loan scheme!

12 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

Under this Supreme Court  

Roe v Wade = GONE

Affirmative Action = GONE

Student Loan Forgiveness = GONE

Constitutional Carry = SECURED

Business Religious Freedom = SECURED

Say those 4 little words:  Thank you, Donald Trump

^^^^This^^^^

3 hours ago, Unwoke said:

Under this Supreme Court  

Roe v Wade = GONE

Constitutional carry has not been secured. 

6 hours ago, Unwoke said:

Under this Supreme Court  

Roe v Wade = GONE

Affirmative action, not really. There is a stipulation that states that a minority can write about life experiences and how racism has affected him. This will be taken into consideration by admission committees. :)

5 hours ago, Unwoke said:

I believe at least 27 states allow it. Am I off on that number?

I think that is correct however that is a state level issue, not from SCOTUS.

If the federal government passed a law next week (and they obviously don’t have the numbers to do so) about not carrying a firearm without a license, those state laws would be overturned unless SCOTUS stepped in. 

2 hours ago, Big girl said:

Get over it

You actuallythink I care. 
i don’t let it dictate my outlook on life, nor should you……

you actually give racism a bad name with your pride and that you think only certain people can be affected by racism.

the world is a big place with many races….. 

12 hours ago, Big girl said:

Affirmative action, not really. There is a stipulation that states that a minority can write about life experiences and how racism has affected him. This will be taken into consideration by admission committees. :)

That is false.

To the contrary, the Supreme Court addressed exactly that issue.

This is a quote from the actual decision from Supreme Court’s government website, not a news organizations spin on the decision.

“Universities, may not simply establish through application essays or other means the regime we hold unlawful today. 

What cannot be done directly cannot be done indirectly”

So the Supreme Court itself has specifically said that the applicant for admission cannot simply write an essay “or other means” as a way to get around the decision.

It followed up by saying that if you cannot do it directly, you cannot do it indirectly, which is what the notion of an essay or similar means would attempt to do.

Not only does it not allow essays or some other minority base discussion on an entrance application, the decision strikes down the blanket acceptance of race, national origin, sex, etc. as a means of allowing entry that might otherwise be denied. To that extent, it seems that it would now allow what previously was not allowed and that is to have individual student applicants file a lawsuit for discrimination if denied entry based on race, etc. Prior to this decision, a university could accept a possibly less qualified applicant and if another applicant disagreed, the university could fall back on the law, saying basically, oh, well, we can do it.

Now they likely can’t without risking continuous litigation. 

12 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

You actuallythink I care. 
i don’t let it dictate my outlook on life, nor should you……

you actually give racism a bad name with your pride and that you think only certain people can be affected by racism.

the world is a big place with many races….. 

How have you been affected by racism? My parents tell me stories about being forced to ride in the back of the bus, and being forced to enter the back of a restaurant. That still affects my mom. I remember being 8, and we returning from a lil dribbles game, and the adults were looking at a map because they were trying to figure out an alternate route that would bypass Saratoga, TX, because they feared being lynched. AIso, i had 2 uncles that were lynched.

Writing for the majority, Chief Justice John Roberts explained that college admissions programs can consider race merely to allow an applicant to explain how their race influenced their character in a way that would have a concrete effect on the university. But a student “must be treated based on his or her experiences as an individual — not on the basis of race,” Roberts wrote. The majority effectively,

There's the caveat.

46 minutes ago, Big girl said:

How have you been affected by racism? My parents tell me stories about being forced to ride in the back of the bus, and being forced to enter the back of a restaurant. That still affects my mom. I remember being 8, and we returning from a lil dribbles game, and the adults were looking at a map because they were trying to figure out an alternate route that would bypass Saratoga, TX, because they feared being lynched. AIso, i had 2 uncles that were lynched.

So as long as your kinfolk get into college simply because they’re black, you’d be willing to forget this? If you’re telling the truth about your uncles, that was terrible. However, I still owe you nothing. Carve your path like everyone else. Don’t expect others to carve it for you.

1 hour ago, Big girl said:

In your words, Get over it.  I think everyone here agrees those were terrible times and atrocities were committed.  And, I bet everyone will agree that it never should have happened.  But someway, somehow you have to quit living in the past and move on.  So again to quote you, “Get over it.”

25 minutes ago, baddog said:

So as long as your kinfolk get into college simply because they’re black, you’d be willing to forget this? If you’re telling the truth about your uncles, that was terrible. However, I still owe you nothing. Carve your path like everyone else. Don’t expect others to carve it for you.

Nope, at least now they have a chance. There was a time that people could not get into college because of their race. They had to create HBCUs which were also underfunded.

Your kinfolks get in because they are white, and because of nepotism.

I made my own way. I have 2 degrees. (4.08 on a 4.0 scale). My son also made his own way. He graduated from Baylor.( 4.9 on a 4.0 scale) He is now a securities broker.

My nephew has a degree and is a public relations representative.

My sister is a teacher, and my husband is a RN; as well. His white racist guidance counselor at school told him to pick up a trade., because he would never get a 4 year degree. Now he make 6 figures.

IN SPITE OF......

8 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

In your words, Get over it.  I think everyone here agrees those were terrible times and atrocities were committed.  And, I bet everyone will agree that it never should have happened.  But someway, somehow you have to quit living in the past and move on.  So again to quote you, “Get over it.”

Easy for you to say. You did not experience what my mom did. PTSD is real.

36 minutes ago, Big girl said:

Nope, at least now they have a chance. There was a time that people could not get into college because of their race. They had to create HBCUs which were also underfunded.

Your kinfolks get in because they are white, and because of nepotism.

I made my own way. I have 2 degrees. (4.08 on a 4.0 scale). My son also made his own way. He graduated from Baylor.( 4.9 on a 4.0 scale) He is now a securities broker.

My nephew has a degree and is a public relations representative.

My sister is a teacher, and my husband is a RN; as well. His white racist guidance counselor at school told him to pick up a trade., because he would never get a 4 year degree. Now he make 6 figures.

IN SPITE OF......

Man, it takes a real POS to have kinfolk who were supposedly hanged (for what?) and instead of keeping them in your loving memory, you try to see how that can benefit you. You’re a real pip.

I knew we would hear about your college career for the umpteenth time. Funny how your life is a total contradiction to your supposed oppression. You are proof positive that success can be handed to some and they think they earned it. I got into college because of my SAT scores. My Dad had passed and my Mom tried to foot my bill with her SS while I worked at a fast food place. Don’t scream that white privilege crap at me ever again. Go ahead and toot your freakin horn. I had nothing handed to me. I earned it. Something you can never say.