SCOTUS slaps down Bidens deadbeat student loan scheme!

4 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

But that’s the problem. If your dad was given a shot based on his skin color, then somebody else lost a shot based on their skin color. How is that okay? It’s not. 

But I’ll fill you in on a secret. A large portion of the black population can focus on nothing but race. I know a woman whose dad worked a job at Dupont that he fit because of Affirmative Action, then she went to college, and her kids are at private universities. She’s the most privileged person that I’ve Eve heard described, but if you ask her she’ll say, “yeah, but it was all done in spite of white supremacy, official oppression, and 400 years of slavery.”

”Equality” doesn’t mean that you get to go to the front of the line because you’re black. 

He would not have been given a chance if it not for affirmative action. White people already had the opportunity, they were always allowed to take the test even after affirmative action. My dad scored the highest on the test. He did not take away anyone's opportunity to test. Is it fair that a white person gets a job, merely because he is white, even if a minority is more qualified? You can't erase the past.

1 hour ago, Big girl said:

How did they have the same opportunities? Did your parents have to ride in the back of the bus, were their family members lynched? Could they eat at restaurants, could they stay at any hotel that they wished? Yes, my parents did not have that luxery. Were your parents denied opportunities because of their race? Were they told they were not good enough, because of their skin color? You should be ashamed of yourself, you cannot erase the past or minimize what my parents have endured.

You believe that you deserve compensation for things that didn’t happen to you, and it should be paid by people who didn’t even commit those acts. It’s as stupid as me going to the courthouse tomorrow and filing a lawsuit against you because in 1862 my grandfather got ran over and killed by a covered wagon driven by somebody whose not even kin to you. 

And if you don’t want to pay me $600,000 then there’s something wrong with you. 

2 minutes ago, Big girl said:

He would not have been given a chance if it not for affirmative action. White people already had the opportunity, they were always allowed to take the test even after affirmative action. My dad scored the highest on the test. He did not take away anyone's opportunity to test. Is it fair that a white person gets a job, merely because he is white, even if a minority is more qualified? You can't erase the past.

You don’t even understand what affirmative action is. It’s PREFERENCE given to people based on their race. 

And here’s the thing. It doesn’t matter to me if that’s how your dad got his job. I’m certain that it did a lot of good for your family. But it wasn’t fair, and somebody else never got that opportunity based on their skin color. 

Here’s the real problem. Black people always want to talk about race when it benefits them. There aren’t enough black qbs in the nfl… they need to do something. But you don’t have a problem with most of the running backs, corners, and safeties being black. You aren’t saying “oh, we need more white guys in the secondary…. This just isn’t fair.” You play the race card when it benefits you. You’re right… you can’t erase the past…. But you can’t live in it either. And supporting a modern injustice just because your granny supposedly had to ride on the back of a bus 60 years ago is pathetic. I’d be more worried about why my community is still choosing to ride buses in 2023. 

29 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

You don’t even understand what affirmative action is. It’s PREFERENCE given to people based on their race. 

And here’s the thing. It doesn’t matter to me if that’s how your dad got his job. I’m certain that it did a lot of good for your family. But it wasn’t fair, and somebody else never got that opportunity based on their skin color. 

Here’s the real problem. Black people always want to talk about race when it benefits them. There aren’t enough black qbs in the nfl… they need to do something. But you don’t have a problem with most of the running backs, corners, and safeties being black. You aren’t saying “oh, we need more white guys in the secondary…. This just isn’t fair.” You play the race card when it benefits you. You’re right… you can’t erase the past…. But you can’t live in it either. And supporting a modern injustice just because your granny supposedly had to ride on the back of a bus 60 years ago is pathetic. I’d be more worried about why my community is still choosing to ride buses in 2023. 

No, it is not. My dad could not even test for the job until affirmative action because of his skin color. He was given a chance and scored the highest on the test. He earned his job. Before affirmative action A white person who had a lower score would ve been hired, and my dad would've been left out due to his skin color. My granny and my parents had to ride in the back of the bus. There was a general consensus that black men were not smart enough to be a quarterback, which is racist. Has anyone ever said that white men are not smart enough to be dbs, are they not allowed to try out for that position, are they turned away because they are white? Nope, they are not.

21 minutes ago, Big girl said:

No, it is not. My dad could not even test for the job until affirmative action because of his skin color. He was given a chance and scored the highest on the test. He earned his job. Before affirmative action A white person who had a lower score would ve been hired, and my dad would've been left out due to his skin color. My granny and my parents had to ride in the back of the bus. There was a general consensus that black men were not smart enough to be a quarterback, which is racist. Has anyone ever said that white men are not smart enough to be dbs, are they not allowed to try out for that position, are they turned away because they are white? Nope, they are not.

So, what you are saying is that you actually do believe in discrimination?  

13 minutes ago, Big girl said:

I don’t believe you dad scored the highest. You simply say that to make your point. He sure didn’t pass it on. You’re such a liar and the biggest crybaby I have ever seen. One should focus on the positives, but you prefer to live in the negative. It’s and easier route. Your life has been handed to you. You’re welcome. 

🧀 to go with that 🍷= 🎻

38 minutes ago, Big girl said:

I think you’ve got misunderstanding of what we’re talking about. The Civil Rights Act of 1964 made it illegal to discriminate against certain groups in the hiring process. Before 1964 it wasn’t illegal for a firm to decide “we just don’t want any of THOSE people working here.” I don’t know about DuPont prior to that, but it was SETX and your dad might be right… it probably WAS hard for a black man to hire in at a lot of places. 

Affirmative Action was a tool used to force companies to hire more protected class workers.  Simply put, 

Affirmative action in the United States consists of government-mandated, government-approved, and voluntary private programs granting special consideration to historically excluded groups, specifically racial minorities or women. 

47 minutes ago, Big girl said:

To continue, if your dad got his job via affirmative action, he was given special treatment because of his race. If your dad got the opportunity to test after the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and scored highest on the test, he didn’t need special consideration via affirmative action. 

It’s like this- the DPS decided that they needed to diversify in the 1990s. They wanted to hire 60% minorities and women. Here’s the problem… 80% of their applicants were white dudes. If you were a white guy, you had to be a superstar to get hired… but if you were a minority/women, all you had to do was apply and you got hired. That’s what happened, it wasn’t fair, and by definition it made the force of lesser quality because you were no longer hiring the best candidates. 

But to go back to DuPont, I did know a guy that worked at the Beaumont works in that time frame. Their staff really was pretty white, if you know what I mean. A management position opened up and a bunch of dudes applied internally. Well, the company really wanted a token minority in that spot, but there really weren’t a lot of options in house. So they did the next best thing. They hired a black female from outside of the company. This is a true story-she had management experience. She was an assistant manager at the Dairy Queen on Washington Blvd, then the next day she was a supervisor at DuPont. Success story, right? Wrong. First, you hired somebody that was completely unqualified. Secondly, you alienate your entire existing work force. Eventually a decision was made to close the whole show and send the most senior employees to the Sabine River Works in Orange. The lucky guys got to transfer and the unlucky ones got sent home. But you’ll never guess what happened…. DuPont got sued for what… racial discrimination by black guys who didn’t get to transfer because so many of the newer hires were affirmative action hires!!! You can’t make this stuff up. 

45 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

To continue, if your dad got his job via affirmative action, he was given special treatment because of his race. If your dad got the opportunity to test after the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and scored highest on the test, he didn’t need special consideration via affirmative action. 

It’s like this- the DPS decided that they needed to diversify in the 1990s. They wanted to hire 60% minorities and women. Here’s the problem… 80% of their applicants were white dudes. If you were a white guy, you had to be a superstar to get hired… but if you were a minority/women, all you had to do was apply and you got hired. That’s what happened, it wasn’t fair, and by definition it made the force of lesser quality because you were no longer hiring the best candidates. 

But to go back to DuPont, I did know a guy that worked at the Beaumont works in that time frame. Their staff really was pretty white, if you know what I mean. A management position opened up and a bunch of dudes applied internally. Well, the company really wanted a token minority in that spot, but there really weren’t a lot of options in house. So they did the next best thing. They hired a black female from outside of the company. This is a true story-she had management experience. She was an assistant manager at the Dairy Queen on Washington Blvd, then the next day she was a supervisor at DuPont. Success story, right? Wrong. First, you hired somebody that was completely unqualified. Secondly, you alienate your entire existing work force. Eventually a decision was made to close the whole show and send the most senior employees to the Sabine River Works in Orange. The lucky guys got to transfer and the unlucky ones got sent home. But you’ll never guess what happened…. DuPont got sued for what… racial discrimination by black guys who didn’t get to transfer because so many of the newer hires were affirmative action hires!!! You can’t make this stuff up. 

I don’t think you understand, she doesn’t care if white people get shafted in the hiring process. Lol

15 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I don’t think it’s that, I just don’t think she realizes that for someone to get preference, someone else is getting done wrong. 

Oh she realizes it …she just doesn’t care. No one can be that ignorant. You’d have to be down right greedy and self centered to not see that. 

1 hour ago, baddog said:

I don’t believe you dad scored the highest. You simply say that to make your point. He sure didn’t pass it on. You’re such a liar and the biggest crybaby I have ever seen. One should focus on the positives, but you prefer to live in the negative. It’s and easier route. Your life has been handed to you. You’re welcome. 

What you believe doesn't matter, and it doesn't stop it from being true:)

How long are you going to relive history that cannot change as a justification for any grievance? 

You claim that many years ago your father scored the highest but would have been denied a job by race. Apparently you believe that the most qualified by score should be at the top of the list.

That coincidentally is your solution through AA, deny other races who scored higher. So if it was wrong against your father, why is it the right thing to do now?

How many people are now forced to the back of the bus?

This is a quote from the last sentence in Section 1 of the Fourteenth Amendment:

“…nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws”. 

Please point out why under the Constitution, which is what the Supreme Court ruled on, equal protection of the laws should allow a lower scoring student of one race to deny entry to a college for a higher scoring student of another race. See if you can do so without going back 60, 100 or 150 years ago.

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

Your story kind of parallels with our VP.  A token black woman that has absolutely no clue what she is doing. 

25 minutes ago, Big girl said:

Do you care if black people get shafted? Are you saying we dont?

Like I said I am for the most qualified P - E - R - S - O - N  

per·son
/ˈpərs(ə)n/
See definitions in:
All
Grammar
Religion

noun
  1. 1. 
    a human being regarded as an individual.

getting hired or admitted into colleges. You notice there were no mention of skin color or races in that sentence. 

15 minutes ago, Big girl said:

He couldn't take the test because he was black before affirmative action. What is so hard to understand.

I believe what you keep referring to as Affirmative Action (AA) is actually the EEOC. That has not been overturned nor will it ever be.

The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission is federal law to give the chance to take the test, be hired, be promotions, etc., regardless of race, age, sex, national origin, religion, etc. That law is still in full effect and was not challenged in this ruling. In other words, “employment opportunity” or the chance to compete. That is understandable and completely correct. I don’t think you could find a person in this forum who would advocate doing away with equal opportunity. That however is not AA.

AA is not a chance to compete. AA gives special consideration usually based solely on race and sex. AA is taking a person of one race scoring a 75% on a hiring/admissions test and putting him/her above a person scoring 95% who is from the (apparently) wrong skin color.

The Supreme Court has in this ruled only that entrance should not be based solely on race because that is discriminatory and unconstitutional under equal protection. 

Do you have an argument against the Supreme Court upholding the Fourteenth Amendment or will you simply rehash history that everyone is aware if? 

48 minutes ago, Big girl said:

What you believe doesn't matter, and it doesn't stop it from being true:)

What I believe does matter or else you wouldn’t be trying to convince me otherwise. You’re such a liar and racist, why should anybody believe anything that comes out of your pie hole?

1 hour ago, baddog said:

What I believe does matter or else you wouldn’t be trying to convince me otherwise. You’re such a liar and racist, why should anybody believe anything that comes out of your pie hole?

You are irrelevant so stop wasting your time commenting on my post. It is comical.