Kountze 71 Buna 82/FINAL

1 hour ago, UNT-AggieMan said:

This is not correct 2019 they missed the playoffs

year 2020 they went two rounds deep and lost to #4 coldsprings (I think) 

2021 they missed the playoffs 

Correct. For some reason, UIL has Kountze not making the playoffs that year.

This is the hidden content, please

I remember now they lost to Coldspring then Buna lost to them the next round.

14 hours ago, JimAdler said:

When was the last time a non-playoff team knocked off East Chambers in basketball ?

wait,  I know this answer, I think.....

2017 •Hardin 

That's the game the officiating crew that worked that game was suspended for the remainder of the year by UIL for their officiating of that game. Was told it was pretty blatant "one sided" officiating going on. Certainly enough to get them suspended.

14 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Yes. But that wasn't their problem. It was their half court defense. Got killed inside and was out rebounded 46-28

I watched the second half of the game on NFHS.  Their half court defense was definitely bad.  Also, Kountze missed several what I consider as unnecessary deep 3 point attempts.. and their free throw shooting cost them a few possessions worth of points.

Buna broke the press easily.  It turned into vastly more offensive points than it did turnovers in Kountze's favor.  I know that's what they do but it definitely wasn't working.  Not sure Kountze's answer for when they can't score from their press.  Seems like it's "give the ball to the PG and let him create".  Not sound in my opinion.. but, meh.  I don't really care.

Best of luck fighting it out for the last spot. 

8 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

I watched the second half of the game on NFHS.  Their half court defense was definitely bad.  Also, Kountze missed several what I consider as unnecessary deep 3 point attempts.. and their free throw shooting cost them a few possessions worth of points.

Buna broke the press easily.  It turned into vastly more offensive points than it did turnovers in Kountze's favor.  I know that's what they do but it definitely wasn't working.  Not sure Kountze's answer for when they can't score from their press.  Seems like it's "give the ball to the PG and let him create".  Not sound in my opinion.. but, meh.  I don't really care.

Best of luck fighting it out for the last spot. 

Kountze’s biggest weakness this year appears to me be their lack of size.  The young guys aren’t big enough yet to beat anyone up on the press. There’s gonna be some growing pains . If the long ball is falling they are going to be in the game if not it gets ugly quick. 

7 hours ago, whsalum said:

I would give the slight edge to Buna. Call me crazy but i never liked this venue for a shooting club that lives by the 3 ball . I’ll take the Cougars by 4

Buna plays fairly well on the inside too. If big Isaiah Robinson gets position on you its a bucket. Franklin Renfro can rebound it well too. Saying that I'm with you. Buna by 8.