Who has the best chance to make it to state next season?

lcm93

On 3/24/2023 at 2:58 PM, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

helluva game that was. they bear us 29-28. Gilbert Moye our QB fumbled as he was crossing the goal line on last play of game

I've had the honor to play against Gilbert Moye when he went to Diboll... I had hit him so hard (as a DB) that he smooth cussed me out.  Needless to say that the next play he scored a TD.

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, AledoAlumni said:

This is the hidden content, please

Are they counting this past season? Cause if so Lufkin didn't make the playoffs. Matter of fact I need to check when the last time they made the playoffs. 

EDIT: Last time was 2020. 

Edited by Mr. Buddy Garrity
Added information

I can give you a better read on PNG after Spring Practice either next week or the week after. need to see who the QB is. a lot is rounding into shape and I am liking what I am hearing. Jackson Christian looks to move over to Wares spot. He is 6'4"+ and 320. Romero will be dropping in on the line at 6'5" and 300. Noah Washington is a 6'3" and Nunley is a cool 6'2" both starting WR and depending on who wins the QB job the proven Shea Adams or the very dynamic Sopmore. If Shea keeps his role then the WR group will be 6'2", 6'3", and 6'5". Nguyen and Chattinger will be in the backfield. The Chatinger kid may ring a bell as he is the son of none other than the great RB from PNG Ron McGill. One of the rotational OL will be freshman 6'4" 260 Aaron Wolford. The LB core is back minus the older brother Nick Gardner who graduated. His littler brother S Gardner is back along with rotational players from last year in Uriostegui, Wuenschell, Sinette (TE/H-back), Talbert. Starters on the DL returning some were amazing in Hernandez, Fuentes, Cabrera. The defensive backfield we will have Richard, and Droddy. Both really good players. The biggest returner for us is Coach McDaniel. A really great defensive mind. Size will be everywhere for PNG. If the young QB ends up starting then add his speed to that of the blazing fast Chattinger and we will have some speed as well. I am not talking about state as coach says win one game at a time. I do believe that PNG will field a good team this year. I will give you guys a better assertation after I watch many of the spring practices and scrimmages. WE WILL MISS MASON DRODDY. The little guy with the heart of a lion. Jasen Ware will be at the Air Force Academy playing next year we will also mis him. Look for a solid Indians team injuries not included. 

On 3/19/2023 at 6:23 PM, 89Falcon said:

Did Woodville not have a good season? 2 rounds deep with close losses to Diboll and the top 2 teams in the region. Not a bad showing. 

Yes they had a very good season but we are talking about making it to state. There is just a little bit of difference. 

On 3/13/2023 at 4:16 PM, purpleeagle said:

Referring to WO-S.

If the players do not believe in what you are doing as a Head Coach things do not work. The players have to buy into what your are selling. Hands down they have some of the best athletes in the state. Their down fail now is politics. When you play that the kids suffer.

2 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

Agree 100%. And I expect them to drop back a bit this year. 

Last season wasn't good as expected actually. Contrary to popular opinion I actually think this upcoming season will be a little better. State champs is a whole other discussion though. Out of this area I like Silsbee's chances and maybe Lumberton depending on how many they got coming back. Keeping my eye on Jasper also. 

5 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

Last season wasn't good as expected actually. Contrary to popular opinion I actually think this upcoming season will be a little better. State champs is a whole other discussion though. Out of this area I like Silsbee's chances and maybe Lumberton depending on how many they got coming back. Keeping my eye on Jasper also. 

With 55 graduating, will they have an equal replacement? However, they did look pretty aggressive at multiple spots on defense. 

8 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

With 55 graduating, will they have an equal replacement? However, they did look pretty aggressive at multiple spots on defense. 

We tend to have a lot of go-getters on the Dline each year. None close to Rigsby far as I know though. Got a lot of firepower returning on offense 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2023 at 5:14 PM, Setx fan said:

We have our qb coming back majority of the defense our running back #3 #5 our 2 big defensive guys more than half of our offense is coming back this year 

54 minutes ago, Lumbertonraider17 said:

We have our qb coming back majority of the defense our running back #3 #5 our 2 big defensive guys more than half of our offense is coming back this year 

Looks like Lumberton might have a big year. The big back will be a junior next season right? 

17 hours ago, Lumbertonraider17 said:

So are you saying Lumberton has a legitimate at making it to state? You're right, there are some good ones returning, but they lost some good ones too...

On 3/20/2023 at 12:11 AM, PAMFAM10 said:

Will bearcats win 12th

Aledo is replacing the entire D-line. I do think we have a pair of sophomore DE that will be really good players for the next couple of years. If we can fill in the DT spots with some kids that can slow down/stop the run then I do think we will have a great shot of repeating. Excited to see how it turns out.