Coaches on the Move

Bobcat1

14 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I never said that…

it just seems to me like Newton was making deep runs almost every year but they’ve been pretty quiet since that last trip to Dallas with the old man… have they made it out of the third round since?

First of all.. I wasn't saying that you said that.  There's a frequent poster here that believes in the "7 years or you're gone" philosophy.  That person knows that I'm referring to them.

Second... um... Newton was 12-2 this year.  They lost in round FOUR.  What are you talking about?

On 1/14/2023 at 8:08 PM, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

I  truly believe that a coach should get a minimum of 35 years to figure out how to do their job and nobody should expect them to know what they are doing . I also believe the same about all other professions such as commercial airline pilots , train engineers, cruise boat captains  . presidents etc. They will figure it out eventually, no biggie

Then Br. City has one more year.

23 hours ago, CougarCal said:

I just looked back at your record all the way back to 2012, unless maxpreps is wrong, BH made it to the 3rd only once during that timeframe.  There have been 2 schools now that after making head coaching changes they went deep into the playoffs the second year.  BH probably pays a lot more than either of those schools and didn’t see the same success.  It isn’t a jab, it is fact. 2nd round success is sufficient, got it!

"Got it"? You don't "have" anything, other than an obsession with BH. No one from BH ever claimed "2nd round was good enough". This is another perfect example of BH misinformation and mischaracterization spreading from a Crosby poster. Why are you and 0.142 so incredibly concerned with how much BH pays any coach? We are not stressing at all. Quit trying to hijack this topic to swipe at BH.   

You should be far more concerned with Crosby ISD finances, to avoid another Crosby catastrophe, anyway.  

This is the hidden content, please

28 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

"Got it"? You don't "have" anything, other than an obsession with BH. No one from BH ever claimed "2nd round was good enough". This is another perfect example of BH misinformation and mischaracterization spreading from a Crosby poster. Why are you and 0.142 so incredibly concerned with how much BH pays any coach? We are not stressing at all. Quit trying to hijack this topic to swipe at BH.   

You should be far more concerned with Crosby ISD finances, to avoid another Crosby catastrophe, anyway.  

They hired a guy that went to the finals and semi finals in back to back years during a financial crisis\emergency. Was it the same Superintendent that hired both coaches?  If so I would imagine the community wouldn’t settle for these spending habits with such little success.  If they move to 6A next alignment BH nor Crosby would be ready to compete at that level so the Coach really doesn’t matter I guess.

3 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

Crosby ISD is in a financial bind?!  But they had enough money to pay for a fine, fancy stadium!  It's amazing how gullible we are.  It was proved during the Covid scam.  Lock downs.  Quarantines.  Business closings.  The people of Crosby, like many others, have fallen for the falacy of fancy new stadiums at the expense of what's really important.  Now they are suffering!  

13 hours ago, Reagan said:

Crosby ISD is in a financial bind?!  But they had enough money to pay for a fine, fancy stadium!  It's amazing how gullible we are.  It was proved during the Covid scam.  Lock downs.  Quarantines.  Business closings.  The people of Crosby, like many others, have fallen for the falacy of fancy new stadiums at the expense of what's really important.  Now they are suffering!  

This is old news. They've recovered quite well. 

SOME PROGRAMS STILL WITH HEAD COACH POSITION OPEN AS OF 1/19/2023

Arlington Martin (6A) (10-2 in '22)

Plano (6A) (4-7 in '22)

Cedar Hill (6A) (2-8 in '22)

Tyler Legacy (6A) (2-8 in '22)

A&M Consolidated (5A) (9-3 in '22)

Friendswood (5A) (4-6 in '22)

Manvel (5A) (8-4 in '22)

New Braunfels Canyon (5A) (9-2 in '22)

Richmond Foster (5A) (7-3 in '22)

Tyler (5A) (2-8 in '22)

Victoria East (5A) (4-7 in '22)

Pflugerville Connally (5A) (0-10 in '22)

Columbia (4A) (5-6 in '22)

La Grange (4A) (5-6 in '22)

Ingleside (4A) (8-3 in '22)

Sweeny (4A) (1-9 in '22)

Hallettsville (3A) (7-4 in '22)

Lorena (3A) (7-4 in '22)

Holliday (3A) (13-1 in '22)  

Big Sandy (2A) (3-7 in '22)

Flatonia (2A) (11-2 in '22)

7 hours ago, KF89 said:

SOME PROGRAMS STILL WITH HEAD COACH POSITION OPEN AS OF 1/19/2023

Arlington Martin (6A) (10-2 in '22)

Plano (6A) (4-7 in '22)

Cedar Hill (6A) (2-8 in '22)

Tyler Legacy (6A) (2-8 in '22)

A&M Consolidated (5A) (9-3 in '22)

Friendswood (5A) (4-6 in '22)

Manvel (5A) (8-4 in '22)

New Braunfels Canyon (5A) (9-2 in '22)

Richmond Foster (5A) (7-3 in '22)

Tyler (5A) (2-8 in '22)

Victoria East (5A) (4-7 in '22)

Pflugerville Connally (5A) (0-10 in '22)

Columbia (4A) (5-6 in '22)

La Grange (4A) (5-6 in '22)

Ingleside (4A) (8-3 in '22)

Sweeny (4A) (1-9 in '22)

Hallettsville (3A) (7-4 in '22)

Lorena (3A) (7-4 in '22)

Holliday (3A) (13-1 in '22)  

Big Sandy (2A) (3-7 in '22)

Flatonia (2A) (11-2 in '22)

I'd take that La Grange job. 

I guess the talk I have been hearing was spot on.

From KBMT's Ashly Elam:

Vidor’s Jeff Mathews will not return as the school’s AD/Head Football Coach after deciding to make a career change.
Mathews first season leading the Pirates was in 1999. In that time Vidor advanced to the playoffs nine times and won two district titles.
Mathews career ends with a record of 117-124.

On 1/8/2023 at 6:20 PM, Reagan said:

Remember, the same thing was being said about PNG and not getting any where near a State Title.  But, with the right coach, well, we see what happened.  Look at what happened to WOS by having the wrong coach.  Same athletes, wrong coach.  

6 more years of coming up short and Joseph will be in the unemployment line. 

On 1/17/2023 at 10:06 AM, CardinalBacker said:

I'm curious how long it will be before Coach Johnston's seat starts warming up in Newton.... Are any of the locals out behind the ag barn plotting for changes, or is the job his-win or lose?

They will be loaded this coming year. 

1 hour ago, DP#1FAN said:

They will be loaded this coming year. 

Newton lost a ton of starters including their QB,running back and most of their Hugh line.  We will be very young but we will be all right. Watch out in two years we should be real good. We have enough sense in newton to know that players are not the same every year. Through good and bad we will support our coach.