**South Oak Cliff(14)** vs Argyle(6)

09fan

• WOSdrummer99 changed the title to **South Oak Cliff(14)** vs Argyle(6)

Post indicate SOC is huge on the line.  Was Argyle even close?  I guess the real question is, is Argyle as big as PNG in the front?  The Indians dwarfed LH up front, thus giving the RB’s good holes and the QB all day to pass, but will they be able to play with SOC there?

Appreciate any info about that because that’s where the game begins, where the hogs meet.

16 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Post indicate SOC is huge on the line.  Was Argyle even close?  I guess the real question is, is Argyle as big as PNG in the front?  The Indians dwarfed LH up front, thus giving the RB’s good holes and the QB all day to pass, but will they be able to play with SOC there?

Appreciate any info about that because that’s where the game begins, where the hogs meet.

That was the smallest I've ever seen Argyle in the trenches, but I've only been watching them play off and on for like the past 10-12 years 🤷🏾‍♂️ 

Also SOC can make alot of teams look small in the trenches. 

11 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

That was the smallest I've ever seen Argyle in the trenches, but I've only been watching them play off and on for like the past 10-12 years 🤷🏾‍♂️ 

Big softs... in the fog it looked like they leaned on Argyle. All that work in the weight room should pay off big for PNG. This isn't LH or FBM, a completely different type of beast.

I don't remember who got the "band interference" penalty last night, SOC or Argyle, but I don't recall ever hearing or seeing that one before.  A band cannot play when the opposing team is on offense, apprently.  I listened to most of the 4th qtr, and it sounded like Argyle had opportunities but just blew it. 

Regardless, if PNG can hold their own against LBJ and FBM, then they should be able to hold their own against SOC.  No offense to LH, Brenham, or Montgomery of course, but FBM had been ranked #2 pretty much all season and they were a solid team, run and pass, as well as defense. 

SOC is LBJ on steroids. Watched them play a few games early in the year. They gave Duncanville all they wanted, athough Dville really wasn't playing very well early in the season. Watched them lose to Lancaster and Desoto.

They're really good on defense. Great athletes at every position. They have had some issues on offense this year though.

3 minutes ago, Tigers94 said:

SOC is LBJ on steroids. Watched them play a few games early in the year. They gave Duncanville all they wanted, athough Dville really wasn't playing very well early in the season. Watched them lose to Lancaster and Desoto.

They're really good on defense. Great athletes at every position. They have had some issues on offense this year though.

Mainly QB issues. They had an absolute stud at that position last year, I believe it's a sophomore starting currently. 

SOC will have an elite defense, and a subpar offense.    If PNG can eliminate the big play, they can win.   They won’t score much against SOC.   SOC will be very fast and physical.   IMO, they are very sound on defense.   Couple that with great players and lots of speed, and they will be tough.

On offense, SOC is  it very good.  Huge up front.   College sized kids, but over weight, and lazy.   Their QB is not very good either, but at any point, with their speed, they can make a house call.

8 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

So I hear.  Best as I can tell they have Pro-weight on the lines (if not anything else comparable).  Wouldn’t want 380 pounds leaning on me, lol.

12 hours ago, Hagar said:

No it wasn't close in size. 

Soc's Right side is 300+ center, 350 + right guard, 325+ RT and the Guard moves better than the tackle or the center he's a damn freight train that pulls consistently and effectively. 

Left side is still like 280+ and 300+ They look like a Collegiate offensive line physically. 

Here's them losing to Lancaster early in year.