****PN-G(42)**** vs. Liberty Hill(14) *****PNG Advances to State*****

PN-G bamatex

On 12/6/2022 at 9:34 AM, LHFan80 said:

Hello PNG fans , LH fan here .True Indian93 I hear you and I have thought the same thing many times . It still amazes me but this system Coach Vance brought here yrs ago has given the kids away to be competitive and they and the whole town bought into it . They run slot T from peewee league up through high school and now it's became LH's football identity .  I think you got it right with they are quick . 

Welcome... From a PNG fan. 

21 hours ago, MackLewis said:

I was at that game as well.   Ol Mustang Stadium, was packed!   Went back n forth.   I remember PNG scored on a fake field goal, I believe, with Keith Waguespack, their all-American kicker.

Who did WOS lose to the 1st round?   CE King?

PNG beat Crosby the 1st round, then beat a very talented Jasper team the 2nd round.

Then beat Lamar Consolidated in the Dome with the help of our current LB Mason Droddys dad on a long kick off return that set up a Ron McGill TD. 

19 hours ago, 1970 said:

Yeah, and I can't remember what the 2nd thing is. 

I don't know what your 1970 moniker stands for but I was a high school sr in 1980 . In summer of 78 I worked all summer long think I was making $3.50 an hr .  Saved all summer long bought my 1st car for $750.00 . That car was a1970 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme 2 door coup . Which has nothing to do with this football thread . But I did drive it to school and football practice my jr.and sr yrs if tht helps to tie it into this thread. 

41 minutes ago, NDNation said:

This week is dragging by soooooooooooooooo slow.

1 more sleep.

Yep !

I seen a little of the PNG VS LBJ game . I was impressed with how well coached and disciplined there team was . This will be a tough matchup for LH . The 2 rb's they lost will hinder them some against this PNG'S defense . The backups played well and this game for LH may be what they call 3 yds and a cloud of dust . They may need all 4 downs more this wk .  Long was a homerun hitter with his speed they will miss tht.  . LH can't afford to let PNG get a couple scores ahead . LH has been really gd coming out after halftime but this game I feel they need to start out hitting on all cylinders . But win it lose I'll still cheer for my hometown Panthers .    Go Panthers ! 

I wish a gd game to both teams and safe travels to all .  Much respect for the Indian players and community eh I guess I should say Nation

Gd Luck to y'all but I'm hoping for just a little bit better Luck for the Panthers ! 

3 minutes ago, LHFan80 said:

Yep !

I seen a little of the PNG VS LBJ game . I was impressed with how well coached and disciplined there team was . This will be a tough matchup for LH . The 2 rb's they lost will hinder them some against this PNG'S defense . The backups played well and this game for LH may be what they call 3 yds and a cloud of dust . They may need all 4 downs more this wk .  Long was a homerun hitter with his speed they will miss tht.  . LH can't afford to let PNG get a couple scores ahead . LH has been really gd coming out after halftime but this game I feel they need to start out hitting on all cylinders . But win it lose I'll still cheer for my hometown Panthers .    Go Panthers ! 

I wish a gd game to both teams and safe travels to all .  Much respect for the Indian players and community eh I guess I should say Nation

Gd Luck to y'all but I'm hoping for just a little bit better Luck for the Panthers ! 

Great post. Safe travels to the LH fans tomorrow. Hope for a clean injury free game. 

12 hours ago, biaplayer said:

I know I'm getting old and can't remember everything, but I'm pretty sure that PNG- Jasper game was at Lamar. The pregame hype was our RB vs their all American LB and I think Ron won that match up!!!

Yes, Lamar stadium, I can still see that Indian dancing just before kick off. The PN-G fan base was unbelievable. Jasper made the statement that they would never play there again.

37 minutes ago, purpleeagle said:

Yes, Lamar stadium, I can still see that Indian dancing just before kick off. The PN-G fan base was unbelievable. Jasper made the statement that they would never play there again.

That game was in Pasadena. We played Crosby at Lamar. But, you're absolutely right. Ron won that matchup!

7 hours ago, LHFan80 said:

I don't know what your 1970 moniker stands for but I was a high school sr in 1980 . In summer of 78 I worked all summer long think I was making $3.50 an hr .  Saved all summer long bought my 1st car for $750.00 . That car was a1970 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme 2 door coup . Which has nothing to do with this football thread . But I did drive it to school and football practice my jr.and sr yrs if tht helps to tie it into this thread. 

People say that there was nothing good that was made in the US in the 70s, especially autos and shotguns. But the '70 and '71 Cutlass Supreme was a nice looking car, and popular too. A good friend of mine in high school, fortunate enough to be raised in a wealthy home, and could have the car of his choice, selected a '71 Cutlass Supreme for his graduation gift. 

BTW, where did you make $3.50/hr in '78? In the summer of '71 I made $4.50/hr as a laborer at a local refinery. I think I made $3.50/hr in the summers of '72-'73 though, at a steel drum plant. I bought a '73 Yamaha 650, for ~$1000 I think, +/-. 

Regarding football, and your earlier comment about watching PNG-LBJ, LBJ was the "worst" team we played all season, to put it very politely. FBM was a close second, along with a few others. It's been one heck of a strange season, IMO, but I won't elaborate here. Anyway, should be a good game tomorrow night. I pray for all of the players, for their safety, and that they will be able to do their best. 

Brought to you courtesy of @Mr. Buddy Garrity:

Alright folks, listen up. As of a few hours ago, PN-G had sold nearly 90% of the seats on the visitor’s side and was down to well under a thousand tickets remaining. We are fully expected to sell the remainder of our tickets before kickoff tomorrow. In anticipation of that sellout crowd tomorrow, Katy ISD is opening up overflow accommodations.

REMEMBER: YOU CANNOT BUY TICKETS AT THE GATE. All ticket sales are online. You can purchase them at the following link for $10 apiece:

This is the hidden content, please

Show up tomorrow, be loud, be proud, be everything the Southeast Texas is known across the state of Texas for. This is history in the making. Let’s go win a state championship berth! #AlwaysBeFaithful

28 minutes ago, PN-G bamatex said:

Brought to you courtesy of @Mr. Buddy Garrity:

Alright folks, listen up. As of a few hours ago, PN-G had sold nearly 90% of the seats on the visitor’s side and was down to well under a thousand tickets remaining. We are fully expected to sell the remainder of our tickets before kickoff tomorrow. In anticipation of that sellout crowd tomorrow, Katy ISD is opening up overflow accommodations.

REMEMBER: YOU CANNOT BUY TICKETS AT THE GATE. All ticket sales are online. You can purchase them at the following link for $10 apiece:

This is the hidden content, please

Show up tomorrow, be loud, be proud, be everything the Southeast Texas is known across the state of Texas for. This is history in the making. Let’s go win a state championship berth! #AlwaysBeFaithful

Good grief.. Call me Chuck.. I will be a bit late but the “Trail of Victory” will be so sweet!!

Always Be Faithful

• WOSdrummer99 changed the title to ****PN-G(42)**** vs. Liberty Hill(14) *****PNG Advances to State*****
  • WOSdrummer99 locked this topic