Playoffs Week-3: Longview vs Port Arthur Memorial Predictions 11/25

Who wins   

77 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/26/2022 at 01:00 AM

I look forward to games like this because of the type of town we are playing. A good sized blue collar town that isn't DFW/Houston/Austin mega school (or soon to be mega school).  Lots of similarities in the schools and the people who live there. I thought the same thing when we played BWB in the title game several years ago. Glad to see like towns/schools have this success.

I get some of our fans and the degree of confidence. There are a lot of non Longview fans in that thread who are predicting some of the craziness and being down right disrespectful.  Most of us know what PAM is going to put on the field on Friday. We also know there is a problem defensively in discipline with PAM. You guys have given up a lot of points and honestly shouldn't have. So yeah that's gives us confidence because we know our defense will get some stops.

Other than the rain, turnovers, penalties, this game comes down to two things that are pretty simple in my eyes. Does Longview coach get conservative and play into PAMs defense. You guys have trouble stopping the run but have gotten pretty stout on the interior. When LV gets conservative we will continually run it right at you. This could lead to several three and outs and hurt us getting into a rhythm. The other is the PAM QB. We had trouble with Lancaster's QB. He was quick and could throw on the run...but he was one of the fastest players we have seen all year. If PAM QB is more like Crosby's QB than Lancaster, then we will be good.

As far as athleticism goes if PAM doesn't have the edge, then these teams are even. One poster said that he saw film and LV looked slow. In 35 years of watching LV football, that is the first time I have ever heard that. It will be a very athletic and physical game on Friday. I hope whatever refs show up, they let these boys play.  

I got LV in this game because of the way both teams have played through most of the year. But I have no doubt that PAM can win this game if LV doesn't play the way we know they can.

Safe travels on Friday.

36 minutes ago, kingwolf1 said:

I look forward to games like this because of the type of town we are playing. A good sized blue collar town that isn't DFW/Houston/Austin mega school (or soon to be mega school).  Lots of similarities in the schools and the people who live there. I thought the same thing when we played BWB in the title game several years ago. Glad to see like towns/schools have this success.

I get some of our fans and the degree of confidence. There are a lot of non Longview fans in that thread who are predicting some of the craziness and being down right disrespectful.  Most of us know what PAM is going to put on the field on Friday. We also know there is a problem defensively in discipline with PAM. You guys have given up a lot of points and honestly shouldn't have. So yeah that's gives us confidence because we know our defense will get some stops.

Other than the rain, turnovers, penalties, this game comes down to two things that are pretty simple in my eyes. Does Longview coach get conservative and play into PAMs defense. You guys have trouble stopping the run but have gotten pretty stout on the interior. When LV gets conservative we will continually run it right at you. This could lead to several three and outs and hurt us getting into a rhythm. The other is the PAM QB. We had trouble with Lancaster's QB. He was quick and could throw on the run...but he was one of the fastest players we have seen all year. If PAM QB is more like Crosby's QB than Lancaster, then we will be good.

As far as athleticism goes if PAM doesn't have the edge, then these teams are even. One poster said that he saw film and LV looked slow. In 35 years of watching LV football, that is the first time I have ever heard that. It will be a very athletic and physical game on Friday. I hope whatever refs show up, they let these boys play.  

I got LV in this game because of the way both teams have played through most of the year. But I have no doubt that PAM can win this game if LV doesn't play the way we know they can.

Safe travels on Friday.

we have been more discipline this year as compared to in the past. unfortunately, they are beginning to show up in the playoffs. i think most of us are predicting a PAM win, well cause it's PA. some might think this is a moral victory statement, but it's not. if PAM can keep it close, i like the chances.

1 hour ago, kingwolf1 said:

Safe travels on Friday.

I think he meant slow compared to what he's used to seeing at PAM. Many of us have been watching Port Arthur football for a very long time so forgive us for always believing we have the best athletes. At the high school level, it's true we don't quite have the hardware to back it up but there's a reason why Port Arthur alumni have been to the most superbowls out of any other school in the country.

1 hour ago, PAT409 said:

I think he meant slow compared to what he's used to seeing at PAM. Many of us have been watching Port Arthur football for a very long time so forgive us for always believing we have the best athletes. At the high school level, it's true we don't quite have the hardware to back it up but there's a reason why Port Arthur alumni have been to the most superbowls out of any other school in the country.

You can have athletes for days but give me the better football players.  

2 hours ago, aledoalumni said:

You can have athletes for days but give me the better football players.  

I mean quite a few these athletes end up playing on Saturdays and Sundays. So I'd like to think they're pretty good football players as well. Sky is the limit if they had a truly legit coaching staff. If we had LVs coach King we'd have several championships no doubt.

18 minutes ago, CougarCal said:

🎯

If only things were that easy to predict lol. Team A and Team B scored this much so  then that must mean team C will do the same. If that was the case then you're pretty much saying KWP has just as good of an offense as LV since they scored the same amount of points. PAM held yall to less points than LV as well so that means our defense has to be better right? See how silly it sounds. But yes, "we were hurt that game" trust me we know, heard it every time yall lost this year lol.

49 minutes ago, PAT409 said:

If only things were that easy to predict lol. Team A and Team B scored this much so  then that must mean team C will do the same. If that was the case then you're pretty much saying KWP has just as good of an offense as LV since they scored the same amount of points. PAM held yall to less points than LV as well so that means our defense has to be better right? See how silly it sounds. But yes, "we were hurt that game" trust me we know, heard it every time yall lost this year lol.

Actually early on I said this was the least athletic Crosby was in the 10 years since I started following them and I’ve also said this was by far the worse O-line they had.  Man I hope I’m wrong, but that #2 is hoss for LV. Good luck to you guys.

11 minutes ago, CougarCal said:

Actually early on I said this was the least athletic Crosby was in the 10 years since I started following them and I’ve also said this was by far the worse O-line they had.  Man I hope I’m wrong, but that #2 is hoss for LV. Good luck to you guys.

our #6, #7 and the freshman #2 are handfuls...along with our #5, #10, #14,#18,#19 vs their #8 wr and the rb#2.