Port Neches-Groves vs LBJ Austin

Reagan

Who wins?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/19/2022 at 01:00 AM

Remember you can't teach speed.  As a defense you must stop it before it gets started,  or watch it as it goes by.  We will have to see what our Indian defensive coaches come up with for dealing with this LBJ team.

As far as our offense goes establishing the run, and quick accurate passes must be our goal.  Always have faith in my PNG Indian boys to play all out!👍😁🏈

8 hours ago, Eazy said:

Correct.  They wanted to play in a district with all Austin schools.  Saved them travel

And also they could play schools like Eastside Early College?  I swear I read somewhere that that game was called at halftime, with the score 96-0, LBJ; but I can't immediately find that information now.  96-0 at the half. Do the quick math and that's a TD every 2 minutes or so for 24 minutes, roughly speaking, plus another couple scores thrown in there somewhere. 

PNG typically plays a slow game on offense, whether run or pass, so that should help against LBJ. 

Edit:  Per MaxPreps the score was 89-0 at halftime, so never mind my earlier rumination, now italicized, above. Anyway, I'm hoping this will be a good game for PNG, without any of the miscues and mistakes we saw last Saturday.   

Cream puff district for LBJ.  They did blow out a 7-3 team in the 1st round. Defense is supposedly extremely good.  Opponents haven’t scored against them since September.  We know they were in the 4A final last year.  Its hard to see PNG winning this one. But, I’m sure they will at least get some points on the board.   I’ll take LBJ 35-14. 

LBJ in a weak district, but have outscored their last 6 opponents (including a 7-3 team in the playoffs) 455-0.  averaged 76 points a game in that span.  they clearly have a few offensive weapons.  They lost to a couple of teams early in the year, but both teams are better than PNG, so... I'll take LBJ

Am I the only one that thinks LBJ hadn't played anyone and these numbers are skewed? If you look at their 3 non district opponents, they lost to two teams who isn't better than PNG and had a close game with another. I watched the Elgin game and it literally looked like they were playing a JV team. 

Obviously I'm biased and wishful thinking but I think there is some validity to my thoughts on this one.

Could it be PNG comes out and punches them in the mouth and LBJ doesn't have an answer? I'm totally sold on PNG being by far the best LBJ has faced all year.

Thoughts? 

38 minutes ago, 19Cherokee90 said:

Am I the only one that thinks LBJ hadn't played anyone and these numbers are skewed? If you look at their 3 non district opponents, they lost to two teams who isn't better than PNG and had a close game with another. I watched the Elgin game and it literally looked like they were playing a JV team. 

Obviously I'm biased and wishful thinking but I think there is some validity to my thoughts on this one.

Could it be PNG comes out and punches them in the mouth and LBJ doesn't have an answer? I'm totally sold on PNG being by far the best LBJ has faced all year.

Thoughts? 

Newton plays in a weak district and it hasn't hurt them.

PNG definitely benefits by having played FB Marshall.  So, they know what speed looks like.  I don’t think the result will be any different, but I do think PNG has a chance.

The weak district doesn’t matter unless LBJ is still in cream puff mode and PNG punches them in the mouth early.