Port Neches-Groves vs LBJ Austin

Reagan

Who wins?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/19/2022 at 01:00 AM

2 hours ago, 19Cherokee90 said:

Am I the only one that thinks LBJ hadn't played anyone and these numbers are skewed? If you look at their 3 non district opponents, they lost to two teams who isn't better than PNG and had a close game with another. I watched the Elgin game and it literally looked like they were playing a JV team. 

Obviously I'm biased and wishful thinking but I think there is some validity to my thoughts on this one.

Could it be PNG comes out and punches them in the mouth and LBJ doesn't have an answer? I'm totally sold on PNG being by far the best LBJ has faced all year.

Thoughts? 

their numbers are skewed, but both of those teams are better than PNG.  One of them is a LOT better than PNG.  Those two teams are also better than PAM, who beat the brakes off the indians early in the year.  I won't be shocked if the indians win, but while your assessment of LBJ's district schedule is correct, your assessment of the games they played pre district is not.

3 hours ago, bullets13 said:

their numbers are skewed, but both of those teams are better than PNG.  One of them is a LOT better than PNG.  Those two teams are also better than PAM, who beat the brakes off the indians early in the year.  I won't be shocked if the indians win, but while your assessment of LBJ's district schedule is correct, your assessment of the games they played pre district is not.

Yeah, neither teams were scrubs at all. In fact one beat Aledo. So LBJ is good, period. But since they have been playing weak competition maybe we can sneak up on them. Hit 'em early and often to give them doubt. No mistakes. Pound the ball on the ground if we can. Keep their O off the field. Problem is their D is quick. Need a good game plan

1 hour ago, SmashMouth said:

No argument here...just don't think the Indians are a championship team this year.

We don't totally disagree here.  I was saying that if they what a ticket to the dance then they'll have to take it up a notch on defense every week.  I think they have the offense that could bring them there.  

What's your thoughts on why they aren't a championship team?

45 minutes ago, Reagan said:

We don't totally disagree here.  I was saying that if they what a ticket to the dance then they'll have to take it up a notch on defense every week.  I think they have the offense that could bring them there.  

What's your thoughts on why they aren't a championship team?

By their level of play to this point. I think they’re a good team, just not championship caliber. I’ll give some examples:

Loss to FBM by 3 scores

Only beat a young mediocre Nederland team by 2 points (I know, I know, “…but it was MCM!”)

Only beat a little better than average Dayton by 1 score 

Look, I’m rooting for them, I support them, I’m just saying their resume’ doesn’t scream Championship to me. 

4 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

Just so I'm understanding correctly... Does that mean you think they have a good chance to win the state championship this year? Like, in Football?

Sorry if I sounded, like, snarky. 

The statement that you reacted to is something that I actually said at the beginning of the season, before game 1. With so many seniors, and returning starters, two very good QBs, more good receivers than I can count, a big and athletic OL, and strong RBs, pretty much the same with the defense, and what appears to be a good coaching staff, I commented somewhere (not on this forum, I haven't been here very long), that "if PNG doesn't at least get to the championship game this season, then they are missing a good chance".  With almost everybody back now and somewhat healthy, except for the RB Reed, I think that they still have a good chance. We'll see, of course, beginning this Friday.