Anahuac vs Franklin

AP_5309

Normally I would have zero hope for an upset but this AP team is just built different. They are healthy and have played well against ranked teams this year.  It’s all on the defense, their offense will keep up as always. They have to make some stops. AP will be ready, this isn’t the only opponent they have faced who run that kind of offense. Orangefield does the same thing and AP lost to them this year. It was a strange game tbh, corbitt didn’t play and their offense was one dimensional - kept airing it deep with no ability to do play action. Didn’t try any mid level passes really, that loss was on the coaching not the players that game. 

I think they will be ready. 

Franklin has some impressive kids in the backfield.  A two-back offense with a lot of toss sweeps out of a slot-t look.  On their clips in MaxPreps they'll send the slot guy in motion away from the play.  Honestly it doesn't look overly impressive.  Having said that.. having your defense in the right place and tackling those backs are two different things.

Best of luck, Anahuac.  They're not 11-0 for no reason.

I’m taking Panthers for the upset.  Nice clear night. The ball will be spinning.  OF was a game Anahuac needed for the future and that means for this match up.  Plus a Thursday night game. I believe that benefits Anahuac too.   It’s upset time for the Lions. 5 is feeling it and primed and ready to go.  Hope that D is too 

1 hour ago, forREALtho said:

I’m taking Panthers for the upset.  Nice clear night. The ball will be spinning.  OF was a game Anahuac needed for the future and that means for this match up.  Plus a Thursday night game. I believe that benefits Anahuac too.   It’s upset time for the Lions. 5 is feeling it and primed and ready to go.  Hope that D is too 

I sure hope AP gets after hey....Franklin !!!  I know # 5 and his offense will be ready for the challenge.  I think it really comes down to anahuacs defense and maybe causing a turnover or two which will most definitely be needed.

Franklin by 21+.... I know a lot will say I'm being a Homer but I'm telling you that this team has gotten scary good at the right time again. 39-3 in last 3 years. 3 losses are to first game under new head coach, covid, and state championship 1 point loss. Every thinks they have seen this type of offense till they play Franklin. It's the 2nd best slot-t in the state behind liberty hill. Franklin will be well prepared and they do not look past anyone. They take it one game at a time with some of the best coaches in the state. Good luck Anahuac hope for a injury free game for both teams.

3 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

Franklin by 21+.... I know a lot will say I'm being a Homer but I'm telling you that this team has gotten scary good at the right time again. 39-3 in last 3 years. 3 losses are to first game under new head coach, covid, and state championship 1 point loss. Every thinks they have seen this type of offense till they play Franklin. It's the 2nd best slot-t in the state behind liberty hill. Franklin will be well prepared and they do not look past anyone. They take it one game at a time with some of the best coaches in the state. Good luck Anahuac hope for a injury free game for both teams.

Yes I seen Franklin play against Woodville early in the year and their backs will give Anahuac problems they haven’t seen! Franklin by a lot