Bellville vs West Orange Stark

BBfan061

1 minute ago, ladybug33 said:

Best statement on this thread thus far.

I’ll be honest I’ve only watched one WOS game this year and that was the Silsbee game. If WOS shows up with something similar to the team they had last year then Bellville isn’t winning Friday IMO. BUT I don’t think anything similar to last years team has took the field for WOS all season 

9 minutes ago, BBfan061 said:

I’ll be honest I’ve only watched one WOS game this year and that was the Silsbee game. If WOS shows up with something similar to the team they had last year then Bellville isn’t winning Friday IMO. BUT I don’t think anything similar to last years team has took the field for WOS all season 

Sometimes we have shown moments of a familiar WOS, then other times we look a little out of sync. Your team has always had big boys on your OL and defense that appears to be the case this year also. Who will be the home team?

2 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

Sometimes we have shown moments of a familiar WOS, then other times we look a little out of sync. Your team has always had big boys on your OL and defense that appears to be the case this year also. Who will be the home team?

You know idk… I’d imagine Bellville because of them being a 1 seed but that may not factor into that.

Common sense says Bellville should win this game based on how West Orange has played to date.  However, beating the Stangs in the playoffs will not come easy.  Regardless of who is coaching either school, the bottom line is the athletes will go into the game knowing the playoff histories of the two teams in head to head matches the last few years.  Can Bellville get the Mustang off their backs?  They should, but no one on this site will be surprised if they don't.

I don't like seeing one of our premiere SE Texas teams not living up to the status we all expect of them.  They have played good football for a good portion of all the games they lost in district.  If they put together 4 quarters of what they are capable AND can keep the game close, I think they will win this one.  If Bellville jumps out early then WO-S is in trouble.  

16 hours ago, JaspD55 said:

Well, scores dont always tell the story. They were very much in the Silsbee game till MIller comes out of the ambulance and turns into Superman. And they were one pass away from beating HF.  WOS is loaded with athletes that usually play extremely hard. If they come out on the field expecting to win, they will.  Dont get me wrong, I would like to see them exit this Tourn, cause if they beat Bellville, they may be unstoppable.

I agree with you. We've seen this before in HS football. A team that is loaded with talent but just hasn't put it together. A win in the first round against a previously undefeated team can be just the right thing to get a team the confidence they need and on a roll. 

Look at Chappell Hill last year coming out as a 4th seed.

I bet there are a bunch of teams pulling for Belville this week. Not just Silsbee and Jasper.

37 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

Streaming? 

I don’t see it on the lineup for Texan Live. Bellvillesports.com is waiting on permission from the UIL to do a video stream which should be allowed since Texan Live isn’t doing it. They should know by tomorrow or Thursday. Regardless they will have a audio stream.

There are some folks saying that WOS will be the most talented #4 seed in the playoffs.  I do understand the opponent, locals, fans are trying to be gracious but I WOULD HOPE THAT THEY ARE THE MOST TALENTED #4 team!!!!

Returning 8 players on each side of the ball that lost in a good contest to the champ....that spells talent.

Someone posted a quote from the coach.  Something to the effect “I think the players will be ready”.  What about the coaches????  Are they ready?  They haven’t been.  They are responsible for getting the players ready.  Hasn’t happened thus far.

15 hours ago, Gasilla said:

I agree with you. We've seen this before in HS football. A team that is loaded with talent but just hasn't put it together. A win in the first round against a previously undefeated team can be just the right thing to get a team the confidence they need and on a roll. 

Look at Chappell Hill last year coming out as a 4th seed.

I bet there are a bunch of teams pulling for Belville this week. Not just Silsbee and Jasper.

We have seen numerous teams locally that are loaded that fall short.  To me Lincoln and schools like that “back in the day” were always scary on any Friday but didn’t hold our long term.

This is the hidden content, please

“We’ve struggled on the road this year, and they would love to change that,” said Hickman. “It’s the playoffs, so we should have some great practices this week, because this time of the year is what high school football is all about. You win, you move on. You fall, then you are getting ready for next year."