Silsbee vs Jasper

STigerNation

Gonna be a good one. DCTF has the Tigers as a 9-point favorite, but it doesn't matter in this rivalry. We've all seen that anything can happen. 

Jasper put up 28 in the first quarter tonight before Coach Crumedy put backups in during the 2nd quarter to get them some good experience. Had to avoid injuries to get ready for next week.

I can't wait!

1 minute ago, Bulldogs92 said:

It'll probably be 80% for Silsbee. There's no point, really. lol

We'll see in pickems 😁 I know who I'm picking. 😎 Going with my original pick to win district (before I looked at returning starters and switched before the season)

1 minute ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

We'll see in pickems 😁 I know who I'm picking. 😎 Going with my original pick to win district (before I looked at returning starters and switched before the season)

It's interesting to see how it all worked out. I didn't think we'd be in this position going into the season. A win against Silsbee would put the program ahead of schedule and be a great springboard to the postseason. 

3 minutes ago, Bulldogs92 said:

It's interesting to see how it all worked out. I didn't think we'd be in this position going into the season. A win against Silsbee would put the program ahead of schedule and be a great springboard to the postseason. 

100% agree. 

7 hours ago, Bulldogs92 said:

Gonna be a good one. DCTF has the Tigers as a 9-point favorite, but it doesn't matter in this rivalry. We've all seen that anything can happen. 

Jasper put up 28 in the first quarter tonight before Coach Crumedy put backups in during the 2nd quarter to get them some good experience. Had to avoid injuries to get ready for next week.

I can't wait!

Silsbee did the same vs Bridge City with 4 min left. Starters pulled after that. It will be a great game. 

This will be the 79th meeting of this storied rivalry. Jasper leads 43-33-2. Since 2010 Silsbee has won five of the six games played. Silsbee is ranked #4 in 4A DII with a 9-0 overall record and 5-0 district record. Silsbee comes into this game scoring 49 ppg overall and 54.4 ppg in district while giving up 13.7 ppg overall and 13.4 ppg in district. Jasper is 7-2 overall and 5-0 in district. Jasper is scoring 28.2 ppg overall and 25 ppg in district and giving up 18.6 ppg overall and 12.8 ppg in district. Two of the best defenses in district meeting in the game that will decide the district championship. TigerNation!!!

1 hour ago, jimmyw said:

I will take Jasper 28-24 in a upset. It has been a while since Silsbee has had tough game.

You saying the Hamshire-Fannett game wasn't tough? Tigers won 35-28, scoring the winning TD with just 2 minutes left in game. That was just a week and 2 days ago.

C'mon man!!

Jasper with home field advantage. Jasper improving their play each week as the season goes on. I believe this game will come down to the wire,with every one sitting on the edge of their seats on the final tick of the fourth quarter. Good luck to both teams as a fan games like this is why I love high school football.

On 10/29/2022 at 12:13 AM, Hupernikomen said:

Pulling hard for my Dogs, but I think Silsbee is in a class of their own in district this year.   Our offense will struggle.  The defense has its work cut out for it too.  Most explosive team we have played to date.  Rivalry might keep it close though.

I concur. It would be no shame in losing to Silsbee this year. It would not diminish the season the team has had thus far.

I know Jasper beat HJ pretty handily but I saw HJ cause some fits for Jasper getting to their QB quite a few times this will be a really good game and being at Jasper tilts the scales a bit Silsbee needed the HF game and didn’t panic when they fell behind late and overcame the refs earlier in the game I’m taking the Tigers good luck to both teams.