Hardin-Jefferson (21) @ Bridge City (7) - FINAL

jdawg03

Game Info:

Start: Friday, October 21, 2022 at 7:30:00 PM
Home Team Name/Class/District/Division: Bridge City - 4A-9-2
Record: District Wins: 0, Overall Wins: 2, District Losses: 2, Overall Losses: 3

Visiting Team Name/Class/District/Division: Hardin-Jefferson- 4A-9-2
Record: District Wins: 0, Overall Wins: 0, District Losses: 2, Overall Losses: 4

District Matchup: Yes

*Standings do not include this game.

INSTRUCTIONS TO LIVE UPDATE THIS GAME ON THE SCOREBOARD: 
Type !!score: or !!: as your "command" then Visitor's Score/Home Score/Quarter

Example: !!score:10/14/4 would be 10 to 14 in the 4th quarter
!!:21/28/2 would be 21 to 28 in the 2nd quarter

Use h or H for halftime, and f or F for final
You may also use - , or | in place of /

Extras: Post the time left in the quarter as minutes/seconds.
Ex:7/0/1/13/25 = 7 to 0, 1st quarter, 13 minutes, 25 seconds left. 

Live Broadcast

Sometimes it’s hard to believe that 6 years ago we went undefeated in District beating LCM, Silsbee, Huffman, Navasota, etc...

I’d like to give a big shout out to the superintendent(s), board of trustees, and coaches who have brought about these remarkable changes. 

Losing ain’t so bad when you’ve got turf, I guess. 

10 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Sometimes it’s hard to believe that 6 years ago we went undefeated in District beating LCM, Silsbee, Huffman, Navasota, etc...

I’d like to give a big shout out to the superintendent(s), board of trustees, and coaches who have brought about these remarkable changes. 

Losing ain’t so bad when you’ve got turf, I guess. 

Yall also had a better coach with his son at qb and a hj full back right? 

Just now, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

Yall also had a better coach with his son at qb and a hj full back right? 

Not exactly… his oldest qb’d in ‘15 and we got Carthage in the first round. We had a local kid under center in ‘16 when we went three rounds. He’d played lb the year before. 

That fb was a horse, though, and he just-so-happened to move to bc from HJ the same year that the coach came over, lol. 

Don’t get me wrong… we’re not gonna compete for DCs year in and year out. But we’re the biggest school in the district and we’re gonna wind up winless, or so it seems. 

3 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Not exactly… his oldest qb’d in ‘15 and we got Carthage in the first round. We had a local kid under center in ‘16 when we went three rounds. He’d played lb the year before. 

That fb was a horse, though, and he just-so-happened to move to bc from HJ the same year that the coach came over, lol. 

Don’t get me wrong… we’re not gonna compete for DCs year in and year out. But we’re the biggest school in the district and we’re gonna wind up winless, or so it seems. 

Probably time to change the scheme of things. Not everyone can run the spread offense 

3 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

Probably time to change the scheme of things. Not everyone can run the spread offense 

Not at all. I’ve said it over and over… there is an army of kids in purple jerseys and their dads all dreaming about being qb1 at png. The kids/dads in BC all want to be the ace on the baseball team. No qbs are developed, so how are going to run the spread. In ‘14 our qb went down against LCM and we literally had the mlb under center. Spread offense without any form of a passing attack. There are only so many ways to disguise a draw play. 

i think we should be running a slot t with a little bit more of a passing attack like pleasant grove used to get on WOS a few years back. 

But what do I know?

1 minute ago, CardinalBacker said:

Not at all. I’ve said it over and over… there is an army of kids in purple jerseys and their dads all dreaming about being qb1 at png. The kids/dads in BC all want to be the ace on the baseball team. No qbs are developed, so how are going to run the spread. In ‘14 our qb went down against LCM and we literally had the mlb under center. Spread offense without any form of a passing attack. There are only so many ways to disguise a draw play. 

i think we should be running a slot t with a little bit more of a passing attack like pleasant grove used to get on WOS a few years back. 

But what do I know?

Theres no doubt BC is a baseball school. LCM baseball program in 90’s was dominant and now we will be lucky for 4th spot. I think the growth in Orangefield has caused more people to move that direction.  

1 hour ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

I saw that last week vs WOS too. Think it was a DB that came in at QB.

Yeah… you can’t can’t have kids drawing straws to determine who’s going to be qb…and the loser has to go under center. 

i just don’t think we’ll ever be successful if we start a qb’s development when he shows up for two a days. 

1 minute ago, CardinalBacker said:

Yeah… you can’t can’t have kids drawing straws to determine who’s going to be qb…and the loser has to go under center. 

i just don’t think we’ll ever be successful if we start a qb’s development when he shows up for two a days. 

I'm surprised someone hasn't opened a qb school over there yet. Maybe get some kids from OF too.

On 10/25/2022 at 12:48 PM, DLivingston said:

BC practices before school, I believe they are on the field @ 5:30am. They have athletics first period.

It makes no difference before school, after school, or the time.  Each extra curricular activity must limit students to a maximum of EIGHT HOURS of practice and rehearsal outside the school day per school week.  There's also rules for Sundays and holidays.