10/21/22 Blue&Silver @ Jasper

7 hours ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

My very first UIL football game (8th grade first game of season)as a matter of fact, we played the Blue&Silver to a 0-0 tie.  The very last game of that same season (we played District teams twice ) we played them again and it so happened both teams were undefeated so it was for District title.

The final score was 8-6. Our Defensive End intercepted a screen pass and returned it like 65 yards for a td which gave us the lead with just 2 or 3 minutes left in game.

That my friends is the first lesson we DAWGS learned about the Mustang magic that takes place when they are the home team. As we were all celebrating, one official decided that there had been a holding penalty by Jasper back at the line of scrimmage before the change of possession.  Instead of 12-8 it remained 8-6.

I played on the "B" team. Jasper boys on the 8th grade "A" team got to play against a young man I am quite sure fans who wear Blue&Silver  will remember. Adrian Steen( spelling of last name maybe off). If there ever has been an example of "man among boys" Adrian was 100% that.  Let's just say their game(s) were no where as close as ours.

11 minutes ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

I played on the "B" team. Jasper boys on the 8th grade "A" team got to play against a young man I am quite sure fans who wear Blue&Silver  will remember. Adrian Steen( spelling of last name maybe off). If there ever has been an example of "man among boys" Adrian was 100% that.  Let's just say their game(s) were no where as close as ours.

Steen, you were right, was one of fastest RB I've ever seen. He was a key part of the championship run in 87 as a freshman. Playing behind Terrance Brown he wasn't the featured runner. Terrance set the all time season rushing record in 87. Overtaking Kerry Franks Sr. Then broke his own record again in 88.

If Steen wouldn't got hurt in the 87 championship game, I believe he would've ran for 2000 the next season.

@dj?

25 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Steen, you were right, was one of fastest RB I've ever seen. He was a key part of the championship run in 87 as a freshman. Playing behind Terrance Brown he wasn't the featured runner. Terrance set the all time season rushing record in 87. Overtaking Kerry Franks Sr. Then broke his own record again in 88.

If Steen wouldn't got hurt in the 87 championship game, I believe he would've ran for 2000 the next season.

@dj?

Then he moved back to California or somewhere didn't he?

2008 season I went to Lufkin to watch yall 1st round playoff game against Gilmer. Sitting on the Blue&Silver side, I was talking to some guys and I brought up Adrian's name. They said "that's his son right there"  I forget his jersey #. While he was a good looking football player, his presence was nothing like his dad"s on the field. 

Hmmmm..... This is a tough pick.  I think you'd normally have to give WOS the edge with 16 returning starters, but that's just not a lock this year.  Should be a good game, but the pot stirrer in me is picking Jasper so we can watch the Silver and Blue faithful LOSE THEIR MINDS!!!! 

It's going to be interesting to see how each team has progressed under new coaching. 

11 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Hmmmm..... This is a tough pick.  I think you'd normally have to give WOS the edge with 16 returning starters, but that's just not a lock this year.  Should be a good game, but the pot stirrer in me is picking Jasper so we can watch the Silver and Blue faithful LOSE THEIR MINDS!!!! 

It's going to be interesting to see how each team has progressed under new coaching. 

You are right.  It's tough to see which one has the coaching advantage in this one.  I'm still not sure which way I'll go with this one.  

2 hours ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

Then he moved back to California or somewhere didn't he?

2008 season I went to Lufkin to watch yall 1st round playoff game against Gilmer. Sitting on the Blue&Silver side, I was talking to some guys and I brought up Adrian's name. They said "that's his son right there"  I forget his jersey #. While he was a good looking football player, his presence was nothing like his dad"s on the field. 

Think he set all kinds of rushing records in California youth football. So probably where he went. 

#20... think they both were. Mallet wears the same number now and also reminds me of him. 

37 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

WOS faithful shouldn’t lose their minds if WOS loses…Jasper has some quality wins over the years and they have beat us before,it’s when you get HF or get blown out by smoketown that makes people talk..

2 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Agreed... I was thinking of how y'all would react if you're down 14 points in the third quarter to Jasper.  In my mind it's a toss-up game.

Personally the only way I would be upset is if there hasn’t been any changes from 2 weeks ago,actually there has been changes I’ve seen first hand…we’ll see if they’re used

48 minutes ago, Gasilla said:

My thoughts, if we don't learn to contain the edge we're going to get pummeled again. Basic defensive fundamental that has seemed to elude us.

We throw the ball 3/4 of the time. Our Qb is a pretty good runner as well. Zy has literally kept us in the game on a few occasions this season.

22 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Reckon next season with a year experience with the new scheme that our 11 returnees on defense and 8 on offense may have the edge?

• WOSdrummer99 changed the title to 10/21/22 Blue&Silver @ Jasper