Newton vs Kountze

EAGLEFOREVER

Newton vs Kountze  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

34 minutes ago, BBfan061 said:

No thoughts… kinda pointless to talk about it when Newton plays teams that everyone knows will be 28-0 after a quarter 

That's why nobody cares about their State Championships.... They face teams that no one has ever even heard of.  

I get it, it's their classification and they can't help it, but it definitely takes some of the shine off of their trophies.  It's practically a JV championship.  

49 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

That's why nobody cares about their State Championships.... They face teams that no one has ever even heard of.  

I get it, it's their classification and they can't help it, but it definitely takes some of the shine off of their trophies.  It's practically a JV championship.  

We use to play BC but we got tired of kicking their seeds.

2 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Goodness. Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today. When the local 4A teams in Southeast Texas can consistently beat Newton, then your point may seem a little more valid. However, Newton has completely dominated Silsbee in the past decade and has more wins against WOS in the past decade than any other team (which is 4 wins out of 7 if I'm not mistaken). I'm only stating those two 4A teams because they have been the most consistent and relevant recently. There are several 3A teams that would beat any 4A team in this area nearly year in and year out. You know football and are usually knowledgeable of what is going on, but don't be so salty and get too ahead of yourself now. 

1 hour ago, purpleeagle said:

We use to play BC but we got tired of kicking their seeds.

That's not true... I heard it was because Newton fans were having panic attacks when they climbed our stands and realized that there wasn't a treeline and they could see further than 100 yards.  They would literally huddle under the bleachers because the horizon freaked them out.  

7 minutes ago, Fast Turtle said:

Goodness. Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today. When the local 4A teams in Southeast Texas can consistently beat Newton, then your point may seem a little more valid. However, Newton has completely dominated Silsbee in the past decade and has more wins against WOS in the past decade than any other team (which is 4 wins out of 7 if I'm not mistaken). I'm only stating those two 4A teams because they have been the most consistent and relevant recently. There are several 3A teams that would beat any 4A team in this area nearly year in and year out. You know football and are usually knowledgeable of what is going on, but don't be so salty and get too ahead of yourself now. 

Newton wouldn't get into the playoffs in 9 4A DII this year if WOS hadn't gone woke.  

1 minute ago, CardinalBacker said:

Newton wouldn't get into the playoffs in 9 4A DII this year if WOS hadn't gone woke.  

You're acting foolish now. Hypothetically, Newton would at least get 3rd in that district because Newton has already beaten WOS and Jasper. However, Newton would most likely get 2nd that district this year. 

4 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Give me Newton Gunter Franklin Canadian and Waskom most years over a lot of 4a school.... not bad for a jv that wins year in and year out against bigger schools

Newton can beat up on a lot of 4a teams… but they still get handled whenever an Orangefield or Bridge City puts a decent squad together. There’s no shame in the fact that they are competitive with mediocre bigger schools and should be proud that once in a while they can even beat a decent bigger school. 

Facts are facts though… Newton would have exactly zero Regional Final wins if they’d been playing in 4AD11, much less SCs. Their accomplishments are cute, but don’t compare to the big boys. 

And BC would have more state championships than Carthage if we played down in 3A d2. 

17 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Newton can beat up on a lot of 4a teams… but they still get handled whenever an Orangefield or Bridge City puts a decent squad together. There’s no shame in the fact that they are competitive with mediocre bigger schools and should be proud that once in a while they can even beat a decent bigger school. 

Facts are facts though… Newton would have exactly zero Regional Final wins if they’d been playing in 4AD11, much less SCs. Their accomplishments are cute, but don’t compare to the big boys. 

And BC would have more state championships than Carthage if we played down in 3A d2. 

Does Newton get to have the same enrollment numbers as other 4A DI schools? Otherwise your point is moot.

I seriously doubt BC wins a state championship if their enrollment was at the 3A DII level.

Now it really is obvious you are trolling. But I guess messageboards have to have them. Sad

10 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:Now it really is obvious you are trolling. But I guess messageboards have to have them. Sad

I’m just stating the obvious. If Newton wants to crow about beating bigger schools, they have to admit that they wouldn’t have any hardware if they actually had to face bigger schools once district started. They literally have a couple of scrimmages, some decent competition in non-district, then about ten more scrimmages until they get to about the third round. Then they beat three or four teams nobody has ever even heard of and celebrate like they won a true state championship. 

Forgive my trolling, please, sir. I don’t have anything else to talk about this year.  

13 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I’m just stating the obvious. If Newton wants to crow about beating bigger schools, they have to admit that they wouldn’t have any hardware if they actually had to face bigger schools once district started. They literally have a couple of scrimmages, some decent competition in non-district, then about ten more scrimmages until they get to about the third round. Then they beat three or four teams nobody has ever even heard of and celebrate like they won a true state championship. 

Forgive my trolling, please, sir. I don’t have anything else to talk about this year.  

So who are these no bodies?

7 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Jealous