Vidor (21) @ Lumberton (47) - FINAL

jdawg03

1 hour ago, Boneyard Boys said:

LCM fan here, how about the Bears beat the Raiders and we all win out so you can share that sweet district championship with us huh?

I that seeding wise it would benefit Vidor more if Lumberton would win out of course saying Vidor wins out too.  The three way tie break wouldn't work out in Vidor's favor, guessing its 17pts tops as usual. So even if lcm were to blow out Lumberton , doubtfull( Vidor +7, -17= -10; lcm -7 +17=+10; Lumberton +17-17=0) Lcm would be 1st seed, Lumberton 2nd seed and Vidor would be 3rd. So no matter the score, if LCM beats Lumberton Vidor can be no higher than the 3 seed. 

6 hours ago, Hagar said:

Ratings are an excellent conversation piece.  Nothing more - nothing less. Does Ltown deserve #7 ranking?  I’d say as much as anyone else.  They’re sitting at 6-1, their only loss to a 7-0 team.  No doubt there are teams not ranked, or ranked below Ltown who might beat them - AND - there are teams ranked above them Ltown would probably beat.

Bottom line, I’m glad to see local teams getting recognition.  Most SETX Teams get overlooked in these polls except WOS & Newton.  Enjoy the ranking Raiders.  Keep rolling.

You make a great point. Lumberton lost to one of thr top teams in the state. Not just a top private school but highly ranked out of all Texas Schools. Was looking to be a good game until almost an hour lightning delay, sloppy field and 4 turnover (3 in the RedZone) not excuses just facts. Lumberton is much more talented than most people think. The offense is clearly one of the best in the Region. If the defense buckles down. It's gonna be interesting. 

10 hours ago, Hagar said:

Ratings are an excellent conversation piece.  Nothing more - nothing less. Does Ltown deserve #7 ranking?  I’d say as much as anyone else.  They’re sitting at 6-1, their only loss to a 7-0 team.  No doubt there are teams not ranked, or ranked below Ltown who might beat them - AND - there are teams ranked above them Ltown would probably beat.

Bottom line, I’m glad to see local teams getting recognition.  Most SETX Teams get overlooked in these polls except WOS & Newton.  Enjoy the ranking Raiders.  Keep rolling.

I’d love nothing more than for Stephenville and Lumberton to meet for a state championship.  I was pulling for LCM to make it happen last year.