Little Cypress-Mauriceville (29) @ Vidor (36) - FINAL

jdawg03

1 minute ago, Boneyard Boys said:

When you watch Vidor play against a team that can’t stop the run the defense stays on the field too long, gets tired and can’t tackle or beat blocks. Then their offense comes out and scores quickly on big plays, it’s hard for coaches to play conservative and keep their offense on the field longer to give their defensive guys a breather. LCM could have easily lined 7 up all night long at wildcat or just give him power run handoffs and chewed up clock, got first downs and tried to beat Vidor at their own game. Some coaches won’t do it they love taking deep shots and looking for big plays. Huffman the last few years has been a good example of a team that could play the same strategy and beat the Pirates with a similar style, then switch it up against other teams.

I agree. But they never tried

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

No doubt Peevey is a great Coach but he made several big snafu’s tonight.  Going for it deep in own territory early in the game on 4th down and that first onside kick.  Bet he’d love to have those two back.

The ball bounced off of a Vidor player and we recovered. I was literally 30 ft from the play. But y'all had the will to win tonight. The Bears did not.

29 minutes ago, Dat Brook said:

Matthews, whose program has been in existence for two+ decades, beat a two year coach that went four rounds deep in the playoffs last year. How many playoff games did Vidor win last year?

Playoffs… you talking about playoffs??? What is their head to head record, Vidor pushes his team around every time. He might have all the fancy toys but at the end of the day, it’s just LCM. They might be fun to watch, high scoring with big plays and all that but when you challenge them physically this is what happens. They could have used 7 like a battering ram and bludgeoned us to death but no. Lets pass it around with a QB who isn’t accurate all the time to receivers who don’t catch it all the time.

1 hour ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

There lacking something man. 

Bears just seemed flat tonight not as fired up as I thought they might be, and even though they never had the lead, there was not much of a sense of urgency.  Morris probably should have had about a third more carries and outcome had a good chance of being different.

23 minutes ago, Dat Brook said:

The ball bounced off of a Vidor player and we recovered. I was literally 30 ft from the play. But y'all had the will to win tonight. The Bears did not.

BS….I sit on the 50 yard line. It hit a LCM player as clear as day. Y’all knew what was coming an still couldn’t stop it. Get over it.

34 minutes ago, Dat Brook said:

Nah just keeping things in perspective.

It’s not the coaches. They’re both good coaches. Sometimes you got tools in the tool bag and sometimes you don’t. I love it when we talk about last year and head to head records and whose got more titles… Every year these programs graduate (usually) their most experienced starters. Yesterday is gone. I’ll end with Janet Jackson… “What have you done for me lately?”

45 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

It’s not the coaches. They’re both good coaches. Sometimes you got tools in the tool bag and sometimes you don’t. I love it when we talk about last year and head to head records and whose got more titles… Every year these programs graduate (usually) their most experienced starters. Yesterday is gone. I’ll end with Janet Jackson… “What have you done for me lately?”

Lumberton gets smashed in the mouth next SmashMouth.