Lumberton (48) @ Tatum (42) - FINAL

Raider24

42 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

LOL, go to Smoaky and look at the poll!!!! More people have picked Tatum than Lumberton!!!! Good grief!

You want us to publicly pick against our staff and boys? Umm, not gonna happen. Go find in writing where any of us have said anything other that we are up against it and hope we do well. And anyone not from Tatum that picked us ain't got nothing to do with us. Everybody understood the assignment but you I suppose. We know we are the underdog champ. Run and tell everybody that, song bird.

12 minutes ago, TEagle8 said:

You want us to publicly pick against our staff and boys? Umm, not gonna happen. Go find in writing where any of us have said anything other that we are up against it and hope we do well. And anyone not from Tatum that picked us ain't got nothing to do with us. Everybody understood the assignment but you I suppose. We know we are the underdog champ. Run and tell everybody that, song bird.

Is "Tatum_dirtybird" from Tatum? He specifically said: "Tatum by 7". FYI, if you "pick your team to win", that is "picking your team to win". Amazing fan base says something, and then says they didnt say what they said, even though it is written in black and white for everyone to read.

It would make sense for you to pump the breaks on this one. You have and the rest have been wrong about many things lately and as we learn more about this matchup, we can see that no one in their right mind would pick Tatum to win. Lumberton appears to be a legit force in 4AD1. However, given the recent performance of Newton, we can all give pause to jumping to conclusions based on size differential alone.  

22 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

Is "Tatum_dirtybird" from Tatum? He specifically said: "Tatum by 7". FYI, if you "pick your team to win", that is "picking your team to win". Amazing fan base says something, and then says they didnt say what they said, even though it is written in black and white for everyone to read.

It would make sense for you to pump the breaks on this one. You have and the rest have been wrong about many things lately and as we learn more about this matchup, we can see that no one in their right mind would pick Tatum to win. Lumberton appears to be a legit force in 4AD1. However, given the recent performance of Newton, we can all give pause to jumping to conclusions based on size differential alone.  

If you don't think size matters, you're crazy. Newton swung well above their weight class and won. Impressive feat not many can pull off. We are all aware Lumberton should have the upper hand. I suppose we'll go ahead and make the trip to Lufkin and line up and play them anyways if that's OK with you. 

2 hours ago, TEagle8 said:

If you don't think size matters, you're crazy. Newton swung well above their weight class and won. Impressive feat not many can pull off. We are all aware Lumberton should have the upper hand. I suppose we'll go ahead and make the trip to Lufkin and line up and play them anyways if that's OK with you. 

LOL. I got to admit I really like us being on the other side of the "Oh well, we might as well not show up" statement. Looking forward to a good game. Probably will listen or watch from home. Trips are going to be few and far between for me unless I happen to wake up with a ton of energy. Go Raiders.

8 hours ago, raideroldtimer said:

LOL. I got to admit I really like us being on the other side of the "Oh well, we might as well not show up" statement. Looking forward to a good game. Probably will listen or watch from home. Trips are going to be few and far between for me unless I happen to wake up with a ton of energy. Go Raiders.

That statement was to mess with 89falcon lol......we knew what we were getting into when we saw it scheduled and are ok with it....win, lose, or draw.

We graduated 29, got a new staff, and have implemented a new system. Went from one extreme to the other. Couple that with our enrollment of 484 to yalls 1244......and well....scheduling yall seems crazy. After realignment yall needed a game, we needed a game. And from my understanding Keeling and Reyes are buds in the coaching world. Yall haven't played a smashmouth run team and we want to keep getting better before district so It works out. I don't see where either of us could do wrong from this matchup. Good luck to yall.....hope we see a classic that's injury free. 

11 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

Hate to break it to you, but a vote for your home town do t mean you actually think you will win. Yes, I said Tatum by 7. Again, that is my way of showing my vote. Do I think Tatum CAN win, you betcha. Do I think Tatum WILL win? Who knows. The Eagles will have to play mistake free football and make more stops than Lumberton and it’s possible. I assume you think Lumberton would slap Center around?

Just now, RaiderGirl22 said:

It’s the first time I’ve changed it on this account! This isn’t is the same account as the one I was using for years. 

But you've changed it several times on here dating back 12+ years. I know, I remember all of them. 😁 

Hope yall are hydrated for Saturday 😉

9 hours ago, TEagle8 said:

That statement was to mess with 89falcon lol......we knew what we were getting into when we saw it scheduled and are ok with it....win, lose, or draw.

We graduated 29, got a new staff, and have implemented a new system. Went from one extreme to the other. Couple that with our enrollment of 484 to yalls 1244......and well....scheduling yall seems crazy. After realignment yall needed a game, we needed a game. And from my understanding Keeling and Reyes are buds in the coaching world. Yall haven't played a smashmouth run team and we want to keep getting better before district so It works out. I don't see where either of us could do wrong from this matchup. Good luck to yall.....hope we see a classic that's injury free. 

Actually we play a smash mouth run team yearly in the form of Vidor and their Slot T, so I think our guys will be ready.

45 minutes ago, raideroldtimer said:

Actually we play a smash mouth run team yearly in the form of Vidor and their Slot T, so I think our guys will be ready.

Was only talking about "so far" this season. As in we are the first team on the sked to help yall prepare for any smashmouths after. Our QB Watson is quite the option QB. Makes great reads. Should give yalls front 7 a good work out, we hope. 

Just some fun facts since we really know nothing about each other.....

Lumberton(3-1) scoring 42.5 PPG, Giving up 21.5 PPG

Lumberton 38 Hamshire-Fannett 31

St. Thomas 42 Lumberton 24

Lumberton 52 Nacogdoches 6

Lumberton 56 Bridge City 7

Averaging 435 total yards per game (261.25 passing), (173.75 rushing) - 1740 total yards

Powell completes 71.6% of his passes. Four receivers averaging 14.3 yards per reception or better(highest 22.1). Kersh leads the team in receptions and receiving yards with 27 rec for 386 yards. Ward leads the team rushing with 342 yards. Longest play from scrimmage for Lumberton is a 64 yard pass.

Tatum(2-2) Scoring 43.8 PPG, Giving up 39.8 PPG

Center 44 Tatum 42(4 OTs)

#4 Daingerfield 48 Tatum 35

Tatum 49 Pittsburg 28

Tatum 49 #5 West Rusk 39

Averaging 489 total yards per game(449.5 rushing), (39.5 passing) -1956 total yards

Four players average 98.5 rushing yards per game or better. Three players average 10.7 yards per carry or better(highest 15ypc). Watson leads all rushers with 596 yards. Gonzalez 2nd with 434. As a team, Tatum averages 8.6 yards per carry. Gonzalez leads the team in receiving with 143 yards. Longest play from scrimmage, a pair of 73 yard runs. 

*****All stats are public knowledge, pulled from a site not known for 100% accuracy(max preps), just food for thought folks.*****