Will Anahuac lose a district game ?

1 hour ago, JimAdler said:

I've been hearing more and more about those Panthers from Anahuac lately.  Do they go undefeated in district or is there a team or two that can slip past them?

I think they lose at least one. Somebody else in an earlier post said they think this district is weak. I tend to disagree, I don't think they have that one dominant team that is going to make a deep run but I feel it has a core group of good teams. I don't think anyone comes out of it unscathed. 

If you want to go into specifics, I think Buna catches them at home in a trap game where Buna has a bye to get healthy and prepared and Anahuac is coming off a close game at home against East Chambers. 

Just now, Eagles26 said:

Buna  could give them a test. 

I have a hard time seeing that, Anahuac beat Buna last year by 20 points and this AP team is supposed to be much better than last.  Did Buna improve much from last year ?  Move ins?  

7 minutes ago, JimAdler said:

I have a hard time seeing that, Anahuac beat Buna last year by 20 points and this AP team is supposed to be much better than last.  Did Buna improve much from last year ?  Move ins?  

I said a test. And that's a maybe. I probably looked at the way they beat Kountze. I should have researched them a bit more. 

7 hours ago, PrairieMan said:

Somebody else in an earlier post said they think this district is weak. I tend to disagree,

Let me clarify, please. I base what I said on playoff history. This district does not produce teams that go on deep runs. This district is usually gone after the 2nd round. EC made it further once but you have to realize they had Beaumont skill kid(s) playing for them. Take them away and that does not happen. Many district 10 teams lose out in the first round, and most are gone after the 2nd, even if they are 10-0 or 9-1 in the local district. 

I don't mean to hurt any ones feelings, its not my intent, but it is what it is. The good news for a Tark is you are not in district 9 or 12, or especially 11. Its much, much easier to compete in 10. My Tark friends are excited, and I too am glad to see Tark turning the corner! 

Anahuac is much better than anyone is giving them credit for. They hung tight for three quarters with a Newton team who has a win over WOS this season, and handily beat the #9 team in the state, New Waverly, a couple of weeks ago. I expect them to roll through this district and by November, they will have garnered some attention state wide. Playoffs are always a crap shoot so we will see how that goes, but this is the beginning of the ascension for the Panthers. They have a Freshman QB, who may very well be the best QB in that district, and several sophomore skill players who are playing like seasoned vets. If you are a Panther fan, expect many deep runs and potential AT&T visits in the next 4 years. 

1 hour ago, 2wedge said:

Anahuac is much better than anyone is giving them credit for. They hung tight for three quarters with a Newton team who has a win over WOS this season, and handily beat the #9 team in the state, New Waverly, a couple of weeks ago. I expect them to roll through this district and by November, they will have garnered some attention state wide. Playoffs are always a crap shoot so we will see how that goes, but this is the beginning of the ascension for the Panthers. They have a Freshman QB, who may very well be the best QB in that district, and several sophomore skill players who are playing like seasoned vets. If you are a Panther fan, expect many deep runs and potential AT&T visits in the next 4 years

That's big talk.  May wanna crawl before you walk with that prediction.  I hope you're right... but a lot happens in 4 years and a lot of teams around the state can play.

12 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

Let me clarify, please. I base what I said on playoff history. This district does not produce teams that go on deep runs. This district is usually gone after the 2nd round. EC made it further once but you have to realize they had Beaumont skill kid(s) playing for them. Take them away and that does not happen. Many district 10 teams lose out in the first round, and most are gone after the 2nd, even if they are 10-0 or 9-1 in the local district. 

I don't mean to hurt any ones feelings, its not my intent, but it is what it is. The good news for a Tark is you are not in district 9 or 12, or especially 11. Its much, much easier to compete in 10. My Tark friends are excited, and I too am glad to see Tark turning the corner! 

No hurt feelings here. My comments are strictly regarding their chances to even make the playoffs. Deep runs and such aren't really relevant here because you're comments are focused on the top couple teams of the district. It's not common that 3 or 4 teams from any district are typically advancing past the first round. Last year's results are a prime example, two teams from each district advanced one round. So to revisit my comments, I believe that when you go to the 4th and 5th teams in particular in District 10, I feel that they are good teams making it even harder for them to try and get into the playoffs with such a young team. 

6 minutes ago, Cherokee88 said:

Based on the loss to Bridge City, or the loss to 2A Corrigan Camden? Both are real powerhouses.

To be honest, I based it solely off of Kountze game. I really should have diagnosed the team more before making that statement.  But that being said anything could happen. And I never said that Buna would beat them, just may give them a test.  

10 hours ago, Eagles26 said:

To be honest, I based it solely off of Kountze game. I really should have diagnosed the team more before making that statement.  But that being said anything could happen. And I never said that Buna would beat them, just may give them a test.  

Don’t base anything off the Kountze game lol Kountze is bad… Anahuac should beat Buna by 3-4 TDs…

13 hours ago, Eagles26 said:

That original post was a major faux pas, and you’re having to pay the price.  Take a deep breath - this to shall pass.  
😂😂😂👽👽🤣👽👽😂😂😂