Silsbee (24) @ Nederland (16) FINAL

jdawg03

Just now, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I watched the 1st half of this one, I guess Ned woke up 2nd half? 

This one was well in control by the Tigers for 3 quarterS.  Then Ned scored, got an onside kick that had some questions too it and went on to score again.  Change of qb was big for Ned.  The Tigers def spent most of the second half on the field and wilted in the fourth.  Have to say that both defenses were pretty solid for the first 3 quarters.  Ned took Miller away like most will at least attempt to do this year. Saw lots of double coverage.  But these Tigers have lots of weapons.  The key of course, as is really for anybody,  will be how well our line can control things.  

Silsbee had a few drob balls that where all on the money that would have been big. The 75 yard pass to Cartwright that was called back was big. And the over thrown pass over wide open Miller in the endzone was big.. This game could have been alot worse with the score . But the defense for Silsbee is tuff and was hitting hard making great tackles. 🤗

6 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

The sophomore qb came in who I was talking about started after halftime took almost a quarter to get warmed up and then he took off. He had more control of the offense, the kids seemed to respond to him better, made great throws, tucked it and ran when needed too (which he has some speed) I believe going forward he will be qb1… just stinks it took this long and no more nondistrict games to give him a full game. 

Silsbee offense did well but I'd like to see them get more creative with all the speed and talent they have. Miller, Cartwright, Brisbane, Jackson, and Baltrip should see the ball on sweeps, reverse, screens, etc.... I saw some very impressive passes last night and some no so impressive. Miller will see triple teams all season. If they want to do that, they need to deal with Cartwright and Baltrip. 

Silsbee couldn't run the ball last night like they would like to but Nederland's defense had something to do with that. Silsbee had to go to the air much more than what Coach Smith likes to do (27 pass attempts).

If the Tigers can maintain balance in the offense, with how this defense is playing right now, Silsbee will be a force the rest of this season. O-line play is the key to that run game and I see it improving as the season goes along.

Nederland’s defense improved some except secondary. Still weak there

Offensively, they are just not very good. A couple of nice scores in the last quarter vs some Silsbee backups will not get it done

District starts in 2 weeks and we will get to see which team survives in a matchup of the 2 teams with the worse non district records

The one that loses will probably come in last in district and whoever wins will be come in anywhere from 5th to 7th

12 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Onside kick sparked some energy.  Tigers focused too much on the onside call and almost repeated last year. 

Sunday has something, great pocket presence and got comfortable.  

Went back and watched film on the onside kick call, ball was kicked by the Nederland player as he went by Miller. 

Though the call didn't go Silsbee way it didn't have anything to do with how Silsbee lost momentum.  Have to step up and keep playing. 

Great defensive game and clock management by Nederland as they kept the Tiger offense corralled.

Good Luck dogs rest of the way.

The good:  

-I think Sunday and Roman are a good connection,  need to find a reliable WR2.  This will take the defensive focus off of Thomas some. Get the TE involved.

- D line and linebackers played well. 
-  less turnovers than last week.

-This week is a buy week to get stuff ironed out.

-Oline played pretty well.

The Bad:

- The DBs still seem lost in coverages too much ,  yes a product of youth and inexperience. Needs to be a focus this week.

-QB consistency needs to continue to improve,  which it did during the 4th.  Need to pick a starting QB and stick with him now that district is starting and give him the 1st string reps in practice.

The Ugly:

- Way too many penalties, including a couple that brought back big plays or helped Silsbee’s offense.

- Bad tackling habits in the secondary.  Not swarming the ball.

Watched the end of the 2 quarter on.  It was hard to watch.  Monty was doing everything he can with what he got.  Chemistry started at the end of the game.  Sunday was connecting and the test fighting hard.  He is the QB.  Silsbee is an outstanding team they should have blown Ned out early on.  They got lucky at the end of the game because Ned had the momentum. 

6 hours ago, A BUC 77 said:

Watched the end of the 2 quarter on.  It was hard to watch.  Monty was doing everything he can with what he got.  Chemistry started at the end of the game.  Sunday was connecting and the test fighting hard.  He is the QB.  Silsbee is an outstanding team they should have blown Ned out early on.  They got lucky at the end of the game because Ned had the momentum. 

You are right Nederland got lucky.  Defense Played for the dogs the whole game and offense decided to play the 4th qtr.

Silsbee is a solid football team on both sides of the ball, should contend for district title & make a nice run in the playoffs.

Nederland coaches \players still figuring out things on both sides of the ball & still struggling in some areas, but improving each game. With a week off to prepare for Willowridge & them having weak line play, good possibility Ned starts 1-0 in district. When #12 came in at QB, it sparked the whole team.  He is the best option at QB, Ned offense with his passing & running abilities is more effective moving the ball down the field.  Ned scoring those 2 td's & 2- 2 pt. conversions was vs. majority of Silsbee best defensive players, Silsbee coaches & players did not want to give up a score. But I was expecting to see at least one dooms day, Ned team has no talent person to post that😎

KF89

I never said they had no talent, I said they didn’t have much talent

you still haven’t answered on where this talent is

They have played 3 good teams, however WOS, Silsbee, and PAM are over rated

and by the way, I don’t believe they have won a game

Again you have no answers as to why they haven’t won

could it be because they are not very good and only have a small amount of talent

6 hours ago, spidersal said:

KF89

I never said they had no talent, I said they didn’t have much talent

you still haven’t answered on where this talent is

They have played 3 good teams, however WOS, Silsbee, and PAM are over rated

and by the way, I don’t believe they have won a game

Again you have no answers as to why they haven’t won

could it be because they are not very good and only have a small amount of talent

I'd be happy to answer all these questions you have about Ned's struggles these 3 non district games at an upcoming game. I would be more then happy to talk football & understand your negative issues you have towards Ned Football coaches & players. It would be better then going back & forth on the board watching what we say so no rules are broken?

3 hours ago, spidersal said:

Sorry, they are not many positives when you are 0-3 and you have been pounded in those 3 games

I simply state the obvious and that is the Bulldogs are not good this season

Hopefully they will be much improved next season

🙈🙉🙊