Lumberton vs Houston St. Thomas

Raider24

Very unusual picture of the stadium on the Texas Bob website.  Shows the side without bleachers.  

Lived in the apartment complex behind the bleachers that you will see in the picture while in graduate school. Never saw the bleachers full.  Just mingle with the locals in the bleachers available.  Odd for Texas high school footbal, but not an unheard of situation.  

20 minutes ago, myrecordwashorrible said:

Very unusual picture of the stadium on the Texas Bob website.  Shows the side without bleachers.  

Lived in the apartment complex behind the bleachers that you will see in the picture while in graduate school. Never saw the bleachers full.  Just mingle with the locals in the bleachers available.  Odd for Texas high school footbal, but not an unheard of situation.  

Yup! 

There's a few more private schools that only have one side for bleachers. 

23 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Yup! 

There's a few more private schools that only have one side for bleachers. 

One would think after each student paying $87,600 for 4 year education (based on $21,900 cost listed for the current school year) that the funding for some visitor bleachers (of some kind) is available.

4 hours ago, Raider24 said:

St Thomas Catholic beat St John's Catholic 43-28 Week 1. St Thomas QB had 6 TD's in his 1st varsity start to 4 different receivers. Should be a good game!  Who ya got and what you thinkin?

If @Gators23 shows up in spirit Lumberton might be in trouble. Otherwise the LTrain rolls along...... 

7 hours ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

One would think after each student paying $87,600 for 4 year education (based on $21,900 cost listed for the current school year) that the funding for some visitor bleachers (of some kind) is available.

You would think so until you realize how much of a role government funding plays in public schools. 

Also, I could be wrong here.  I think the stadium uses all available space to have all that is presently in place. 

On 8/28/2022 at 11:10 PM, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

There wasn’t room for a visitor side.  The area were they had to put the field wasnt wide enough. 

On 8/28/2022 at 11:10 PM, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

Heard they are renting bleachers and working to make Raiders feel at home. 

24 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

All Raider fans better bring Tylenol, Alka-Seltzer, Pepto and other homemade remedies to this one, you know who says she's going. 🤦🏾‍♂️

🙏🏾

BG, I saw something that amazed me. A Lumberton fan that I wont mention there name said since Lumberton is a ranked Team no one wanted  play them this year. It was hard to schedule anyone. That is the reason they are playing certain teams😬

5 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

BG, I saw something that amazed me. A Lumberton fan that I wont mention there name said since Lumberton is a ranked Team no one wanted  play them this year. It was hard to schedule anyone. That is the reason they are playing certain teams😬

Lmao!!! 😂  Hmmmm........ Interesting. But when unranked they were playing teams like what's on their schedule currently. 🤷🏾‍♂️

36 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

They were ranked last spring when the schedule was made? Well I guess every team has a ranking somewhere.