Silsbee (48) @ Vidor (7) FINAL

jdawg03

1 hour ago, Who That said:

They should be coming. He said last night he was posting them stats this morning. 

They’re probably for Mature Audience only.  Not something young folks should see.

Again, hats off to Silsbee.  Despite the fact that was the worst Pirate performance in many years, Silsbee still was impressive.  A good balance on offense and head hunters on defense.  Good luck to the Tigers going forward.

46 minutes ago, Hagar said:

They’re probably for Mature Audience only.  Not something young folks should see.

Again, hats off to Silsbee.  Despite the fact that was the worst Pirate performance in many years, Silsbee still was impressive.  A good balance on offense and head hunters on defense.  Good luck to the Tigers going forward.

We probably got less that 100 yards of offense last night… first time in a long time. So used to seeing them rack up 3-400 yards on the ground.

40 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

We probably got less that 100 yards of offense last night… first time in a long time. So used to seeing them rack up 3-400 yards on the ground.

Me too.  It’s obvious something was missing.  Total meltdown.  No tackling.  None of the blocking we’ve seen in the past.  To sum it up, it’s hard for me to find a bright spot.  Heads hanging in 2nd Qtr.  Did I miss something?  It’s like they were told prior to the game, y’all have no chance.  If you saw anything promising, please share.  To use a word I use often in the political thread, the Pirates performance was UNBELIEVABLE!

36 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Me too.  It’s obvious something was missing.  Total meltdown.  No tackling.  None of the blocking we’ve seen in the past.  To sum it up, it’s hard for me to find a bright spot.  Heads hanging in 2nd Qtr.  Did I miss something?  It’s like they were told prior to the game, y’all have no chance.  If you saw anything promising, please share.  To use a word I use often in the political thread, the Pirates performance was UNBELIEVABLE!

The Band had a solid performance at Halftime 😁

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I interesting stat… Silsbee had more passing yards than rushing yards.  Kinda odd for a team with a coach that prides himself on running that pill…

You strategize and hit the other teams biggest weakness! Seems Silsbee done that. Sometimes on the ground, sometimes through the air. 

31 minutes ago, Raider24 said:

You strategize and hit the other teams biggest weakness! Seems Silsbee done that. Sometimes on the ground, sometimes through the air. 

But I’ve been watching what Coach Smith has been doing at Silsbee for a while.  He holds firm on that power run game with little to no creativity on passing.  Maybe after these years, he’s learned?  If so, look out.

5 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I interesting stat… Silsbee had more passing yards than rushing yards.  Kinda odd for a team with a coach that prides himself on running that pill…

Offensive line is young (easier to pass block than run block), got a pretty good QB and a great set of receivers. Running game will compliment the passing game.

But, there were some games last year that Silsbee had more passing yards than rushing. Coach Smith is taking advantage of the personnel that he currently has this season. Plus in this game, he took what Vidor was giving.

36 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Offensive line is young (easier to pass block than run block), got a pretty good QB and a great set of receivers. Running game will compliment the passing game.

But, there were some games last year that Silsbee had more passing yards than rushing. Coach Smith is taking advantage of the personnel that he currently has this season. Plus in this game, he took what Vidor was giving.

Kinda what I figured.  

20 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Believe it or not...

26 carries w/ 9 Different players rushing the ball.

Silsbee is so deep at RB that a main rusher might not be happening this year.

Being at the game i remembered Drelon having 2 Tds.  He didnt play the sevond half except for special teams.  Was a little surprised that he didnt play on the defensive side at all. But Vidor is a running team so he wasnt really needed as far as coverage.   I do know the announcer credited Drelon on one more TD and at least one reception that was made by #7, not sure at this point who that player is. 

14 minutes ago, ST413 said:

Just saw Drelon posted he had 4 catches for 131 yds and 2 Tds. So i think we see the stats Silsbee92 postec are accurate.

Question, is the Martin kid kin to the Martin kid from a few years ago. If I remember correctly they had Martin, Taylor and Arline on the field at the same time.  Those were some bad dudes. They could play!

1 hour ago, ST413 said:

Being at the game i remembered Drelon having 2 Tds.  He didnt play the sevond half except for special teams.  Was a little surprised that he didnt play on the defensive side at all. But Vidor is a running team so he wasnt really needed as far as coverage.   I do know the announcer credited Drelon on one more TD and at least one reception that was made by #7, not sure at this point who that player is. 

Unfortunately that was me on the call.  Lol.  We had some serious condensation on the windows and as I was making the call I took the #7 as a #1.  Kye Elder #7 made a great inside come back catch and then made his way thru two defenders.fpr a TD.  That number design had me fooled.  Could be why the Enterprise had him for 3 Tds.  I'll do better next time, hopefully.   Lol.

9 minutes ago, Silsbee92 said:

Unfortunately that was me on the call.  Lol.  We had some serious condensation on the windows and as I was making the call I took the #7 as a #1.  Kye Elder #7 made a great inside come back catch and then made his way thru two defenders.fpr a TD.  That number design had me fooled.  Could be why the Enterprise had him for 3 Tds.  I'll do better next time, hopefully.   Lol.

Yeah i didn't know who was doing the announcing but i knew it was just a mix up with those two numbers.  And with all the attention Drelon is getting,  Elder made a play that looked like one you would expect to see from Drelon.

1 hour ago, VPATH said:

Question, is the Martin kid kin to the Martin kid from a few years ago. If I remember correctly they had Martin, Taylor and Arline on the field at the same time.  Those were some bad dudes. They could play!

Yes. They are cousins.