The Woodlands (21) @ Galena Park North Shore (49) FINAL

jdawg03

2 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

Duncanville and North Shore just reload… 

They’re also 1st and 2nd in talent and probably top three in coaching at the 6A level, pretty lethal combination. Only coaches to coach at least 23 of a possible 24 playoff games at the 6A level the past four years are Jon Kay, Reginald Samples and Todd Dodge. 

To be clear, I think Gary Joseph is the best coach at the 6A level and the state in general. I think Samples and Kay are top 3 now that Todd Dodge has retired. 

9 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

They’re also 1st and 2nd in talent and probably top three in coaching at the 6A level, pretty lethal combination. Only coaches to coach at least 23 of a possible 24 playoff games at the 6A level the past four years are Jon Kay, Reginald Samples and Todd Dodge. 

To be clear, I think Gary Joseph is the best coach at the 6A level and the state in general. I think Samples and Kay are top 3 now that Todd Dodge has retired. 

I would have to agree. Well said 

13 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I can put coach Joseph as a defensive mind in the top three. Due to their lack of evolution on offense I can put a couple of head coaches ahead of him overall. Just my opinion. They better hope Westlake goes D1 otherwise they won’t beat them with a 5’7” QB who can barely throw 30 yards

1 hour ago, Kowboy98 said:

I can put coach Joseph as a defensive mind in the top three. Due to their lack of evolution on offense I can put a couple of head coaches ahead of him overall. Just my opinion. They better hope Westlake goes D1 otherwise they won’t beat them with a 5’7” QB who can barely throw 30 yards

Did Kroger get hurt in a scrimmage or something? Why is a 5’7” kid playing? You kind of highlighted why I think Gary Joseph is the best coach in the state. He’s working with way less than guys like Dodge, Samples, Kay or Surratt. Still, Joseph only has one 10-win season and one 11-win season, the other 16 seasons he’s won at least 12 or more games. 

I fully expect us to win this game. I didn't however expect us to win like this. We were hitting on all cylinders right out of the gate which usually isn't the case. Kaleb Bailey has definitely grown since last year. And he didn't even use his legs in this one. As for the defense you wouldn't know they lost a lot of key players. I know it's only week one but right now I expect to be making a return trip to Arlington in December. 

On 8/26/2022 at 2:37 PM, Cougar14.2 said:

Did Kroger get hurt in a scrimmage or something? Why is a 5’7” kid playing? You kind of highlighted why I think Gary Joseph is the best coach in the state. He’s working with way less than guys like Dodge, Samples, Kay or Surratt. Still, Joseph only has one 10-win season and one 11-win season, the other 16 seasons he’s won at least 12 or more games. 

As I said defensive mind yes. That offense is outdated which puts him behind tremendously. Look how Todd Dodge exposed them in the semifinals last year