Predictions For District 10-4A-1

Hagar

As I posted, the source is questionable.  Still, our once virtually unknown District is getting recognition.  Everyone in this area should be excited.  I’m happy to see any of our teams or Districts get recognition.  This is SETXSPORTS, and 10-4A-1 is SETX.  The District May fall flat, but I’ll be pulling for all the District teams until District games start.

• 1 month later...

After week 1 of District here’s the Standings:

At 1-0.  
Livingston
Lumberton
Vidor

At 0-1.  
Huffman
LCM
Splendora 

Only two teams are where they should be after Non-District - Ltown & Splendora.  Vidor vs Ltown will move one down to 1-1.  Same scenario with Huffman vs Splendora.  One will go 1-1 & one 0-2.

Finally rounding out with LCM vs Livingston.

Going to be interesting.  

53 minutes ago, BattlinBear02 said:

Updated prediction.                                          

1. Lumberton/Vidor. 2. Lumberton/Vidor.    3. Livingston 4. Huffman/LCM.          

5. Huffman/LCM 6. Splendora

🤷

Actually Livingston coming in 3rd is really hard to say. They lost against 3 sub .500 teams beat a .500 team in Madisonville, barely beat Legacy Sports that LCM pounded and then whipped up on Huffman who is obviously down this year. I think LCM can still come in 3rd IF the Livingston/Huffman game was just a fluke.

8 minutes ago, raideroldtimer said:

Actually Livingston coming in 3rd is really hard to say. They lost against 3 sub .500 teams beat a .500 team in Madisonville, barely beat Legacy Sports that LCM pounded and then whipped up on Huffman who is obviously down this year. I think LCM can still come in 3rd IF the Livingston/Huffman game was just a fluke.

LCM defense needs work . Got killed by the pass against Legacy Sports, then ran over all night by Vidors slot t

District Now

Ltown 2-0. 
And 1-1. 
Vidor - LCM - Livingston - HH.  
Splendora 0-2

This coming Friday

Ltown vs HH.  
Vidor vs Livingston.  
LCM vs Splendora 

This Friday will be moving day were we start separating the wheat from the chaff.  Primarily for Vidor & Livingston.  Ltown & LCM wins are a given.

Over the halfway point in District play.  Standings now:

Ltown 3-0.  
Vidor  2-1.  
LCM    2-1.  
Llvingston 1-2.  
Huffman    1-2.  
Splendora 0-3.

Looks like seeding is the only thing left for the top 3.  Livingston appears in the drivers seat for 4th.  This Friday LCM travels to Ltown.  That’s the key game.  Ltown wins they’ll be #1.  LCM wins, we could have a three way tie for DC, if Vidor wins also.  I’ve no idea of the tie-breaker for seeding in that event, and all things go as they should in the last week.  

23 hours ago, Hagar said:

Over the halfway point in District play.  Standings now:

Ltown 3-0.  
Vidor  2-1.  
LCM    2-1.  
Llvingston 1-2.  
Huffman    1-2.  
Splendora 0-3.

Looks like seeding is the only thing left for the top 3.  Livingston appears in the drivers seat for 4th.  This Friday LCM travels to Ltown.  That’s the key game.  Ltown wins they’ll be #1.  LCM wins, we could have a three way tie for DC, if Vidor wins also.  I’ve no idea of the tie-breaker for seeding in that event, and all things go as they should in the last week.  

Should go off overall record as tie breaker

7 hours ago, BattlinBear02 said:

LCM beats Lumberton , Huffman beats Vidor.    

Then to close out the reg season, LCM beats Huffman, Livingston beats Lumberton, Splendora beats Vidor.

LCM district champs

It could happen 🤷😆😆

And Vidor beats Denton Guyer.  Great plan BB02.  No problem, doesn’t hurt to dream.  
☠️☠️☠️😂😂😂☠️☠️☠️

2 hours ago, raideroldtimer said:

If I got this figured right, LCM would have to beat us by 34 points in order to earn first seed. They lost by 7 to Vidor and we beat Vidr by 26, that's as it stands right now.

District cap is 18 points. So the 26 point win by Lumberton only counts in a tiebreaker as 18 points.

• 2 weeks later...

Went back & looked at earlier predictions.  I think @piratevillain might have nailed it - Ltown, Vidor, LCM & Huffman.  Of course we won’t know for sure until Saturday.

Been an interesting year.  Thought the District would be tough this year.  Hasn’t turned out like that except the Raiders, who may be the best Raiders ever.  They have size, speed, good QB & RB.  Only weakness is Defense, but looking at District of Doom (9-4A), they rely on offense and D is secondary.  Moral of that, you just score more than the opposition you’re still winning.

Myself, I’ll be pulling for all our teams.  Ltown should be a shoe-in.  Vidor has an outside shot with Lindale.  LCM & whoever is fourth, draw Kilgore & Chapel Hill - good luck with them two - #7/8 below Ltown.  Still, upsets happen.

3 hours ago, Hagar said:

Went back & looked at earlier predictions.  I think @piratevillain might have nailed it - Ltown, Vidor, LCM & Huffman.  Of course we won’t know for sure until Saturday.

Been an interesting year.  Thought the District would be tough this year.  Hasn’t turned out like that except the Raiders, who may be the best Raiders ever.  They have size, speed, good QB & RB.  Only weakness is Defense, but looking at District of Doom (9-4A), they rely on offense and D is secondary.  Moral of that, you just score more than the opposition you’re still winning.

Myself, I’ll be pulling for all our teams.  Ltown should be a shoe-in.  Vidor has an outside shot with Lindale.  LCM & whoever is fourth, draw Kilgore & Chapel Hill - good luck with them two - #7/8 below Ltown.  Still, upsets happen.

Huffman has to max point LCM in order to get a shot at getting in. If they don't, it's Lumberton, Vidor, LCM, and Livingston. 

40 minutes ago, mrstexasfootball said:

Huffman has to max point LCM in order to get a shot at getting in. If they don't, it's Lumberton, Vidor, LCM, and Livingston. 

It looks like Livingston has cinched fourth.  If I’m right now, my bad on piratevillian.  If Liv loses (likely) & HH wins (iffy), they’re both 2-3, and Liv won head to head.  Unless there’s a different scenario now that I’m not aware of, it’s a done deal.

11 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I have yet to see any kind of trophy in a trophy case at any school acknowledging a district title for a JV or Freshmen team.

District championships for sub varsity don't exist.

Idk just relaying what I read. 🤷‍♂️

So its falsely claimed at several schools via athletic pages and/or banners throughout campuses because they don't get trophies for it?