Can Beto Win?

bullets13

2 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

He didn't throw it away, 80 million plus nitwits handed it to Biden, how's that working out.

I had enough sense to know this would go bad, why couldn't the snowflakes figure it out?

Don't answer, at this point I really don't care.

You do understand that if Trump had managed to NOT alienate less than 4 million voters he'd still be President, right?  Honestly that number is even lower when you factor in the Electoral College.  

Trump believed that bluster and hate would not hurt his chances to win because his followers kept heaping praise upon him.  He was wrong, and we're all paying for it. 

1 hour ago, bullets13 said:

this is a problem on both the far right and far left... anyone who doesn't align with you can't have different opinions, they're just uninformed or too stupid to see things the "right" way.  and when you start ignoring these "uninformed" moderates, you start losing elections.  

I repeat, if you are still undecided between Abbott and Beto in the name of being a moderate or undecided, you are uninformed, period.

1 hour ago, bullets13 said:

absolutely.  how big of a deal would it be if making alcohol illegal was on the ballot.  Pot may not be that big, but it's close to that big.  It's  a huge deal for the majority of voters under the age of 40.  

I know who the target voter age is ( except for the holdover hippie), but companies will still have strict rules about passing drug tests for insurance purposes, so if these young people want to hold a job, doesn’t matter how legal buying and possessing becomes, you still won’t be employable. I can see that appealing to some of the worthless crowd, but the young, married and/or family man couldn’t care less about legalization. 

59 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

You do understand that if Trump had managed to NOT alienate less than 4 million voters he'd still be President, right?  Honestly that number is even lower when you factor in the Electoral College.  

Trump believed that bluster and hate would not hurt his chances to win because his followers kept heaping praise upon him.  He was wrong, and we're all paying for it. 

Wrong!! The Democrat Thieves would have stop counting the votes an hour earlier than they already did and more votes would have been flipped via the internet to make up difference.

6 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

I repeat, if you are still undecided between Abbott and Beto in the name of being a moderate or undecided, you are uninformed, period.

The typical voter is uninformed.  The typical hardliner is misinformed.  

The fact remains that one has to woo the uninformed or risk being right, but beaten.  A candidate can't say "okay, I did all of these things to make myself unlikable to the uninformed, but when those people vote against me, it's because they're stupid."  No, they voted against you because you were so freaking unlikable.  

The fact remains that roughly 77% of voting-age Texans are registered to vote.  Then, take into account that right at 17% Registered voters (that's right, 17% OF 77%) bothered to vote in the Texas Primary Election last week. The general population IS uninformed.   The fact that any of us even bother to talk politics online puts us in a very, very, VERY small percentage of the population.  

Face it... the gen pop (or the "Great Unwashed," as my economics professor used to say) ARE uninformed.  What you can't have is a candidate that is so polarizing that he awakens the sleeping giant of uninformed voters to come out just to vote against him.  None of what you've accomplished matters if you motivate the masses to vote against you.  

1 minute ago, Unwoke said:

Wrong!! The Democrat Thieves would have stop counting the votes an hour earlier than they already did and more votes would have been flipped via the internet to make up difference.

The fact that you swallowed Trump's lie despite a complete lack of evidence (which was repeatedly promised, yet never delivered) while ignoring U.S. Attorney General Barr, the Justice Department, the FBI, Homeland Security, state law enforcement, local law enforcement, local election officials, and 300 million cell phone cameras who all neglected to take a single photo or video of ANY impropriety.....  means you believe in fairy tales.

You're not just wrong, you're aggressively wrong.  Kinda like Joe Biden.

39 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

The fact that you can't wrap your brain around the fact that people might (gasp) actually dislike Trump enough to vote against him shows how simple you are. 

The fact that you can’t wrap your head around our own DOJ and FBI In conjunction with Hillary and Obama tried to take down a sitting President an just act like it didn’t happen is mind blowing. That’s stuff that goes on in third world countries. I believe there people that didn’t like him. There were some things I didn’t like but at the end of the day I didn’t vote with my feelings. That was the BIGGEST BULL💩 ELECTION I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE OF 54 YEARS OF LIVING ON THIS EARTH!!  You live in an alternate universe.

5 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

You will.... I will, too.  But in this era of scorched earth politics I'm confident that a large number of "conservative" voters won't because Abbott isn't their guy.  

It's this simple.  People on the extreme see everything as a fight.  It doesn't matter if they are a democrat (obviously an enemy) or just somebody who doesn't espouse every single far-right view point... they all get attacked.  It's easy from our perspective how the far left is pushing everything that's going on with the Democrat party.  It's a lot harder to recognize from the same perspective how the fringe on the right is hurting the Republican candidates.   How did an incumbent like Abbot get three challengers?  He's not crazy enough for those on the far right.  Why didn't Trump get a challenger?  It's not because he was the best, it's because the wackos on the far right supported him.  

I haven't forgotten the antics that the Tea Party was pushing a decade back... forcing candidates to sign pledges didn't end up so well for us at all, did it?  That's the same energy being applied today.  

We need to keep Abbott in office.  We won't like the alternative.  

Read the audience. The people you’re arguing with don’t work and sit at home all day reading and participating in their own various echo chambers. These people literally post here all day every single day.. literally every single day.

You will never, ever change their mind. There’s a reason why they keep falling for this BS. I’ll leave it at that, so I don’t hurt precious feelings and get banned

Retired twice and still working, taking care of several properties on my “off” time and still can see that the choice is easy - Greg Abbott.   Believe there are unicorns, rainbow sprinkles and money for endless government programs all you want - the choice is easy - Greg Abbott.  Is it really that hard to see?

8 minutes ago, InMAGAWeTrust said:

Read the audience. The people you’re arguing with don’t work and sit at home all day reading and participating in their own various echo chambers. These people literally post here all day every single day.. literally every single day.

You will never, ever change their mind. There’s a reason why they keep falling for this BS. I’ll leave it at that, so I don’t hurt precious feelings and get banned

I’ve been a small business owner for the last 16 years an have made a decent living. I punch a clock for no one and don’t suck butt to move up the ladder. I don’t participate in the rat race of life besides If you win that race that just means your the number 1 Rat! Sorry to bust your bubble.

3 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

This is all I've been saying.  I've been to actual Republican meetings over the last few months.  Local leadership way is obviously way down on the Democrats, but equally nasty about "RINOs."  You know, anybody that isn't goose-stepping along with every single item on the platform.  Let's say that you're for lower taxes, support the police, a strong border, oppose abortion, believe in the second Amendment, but believe that we should explore legalization of Marijuana?  You're a dirty RINO and they're going to do their best to silence you. 

You can say things like "I believe 100% of everything that you guys are fighting for.... but I've been waiting over a year for some actual proof that there was widespread voter fraud and I just don't see it" and Reagan and the rest of you will start all of the name-calling.

Not following group think puts you on the outs with the loudest party voices... And we can't beat the other side if we're fighting each other in house.

I have to agree with this 100%. 

3 hours ago, baddog said:

I know who the target voter age is ( except for the holdover hippie), but companies will still have strict rules about passing drug tests for insurance purposes, so if these young people want to hold a job, doesn’t matter how legal buying and possessing becomes, you still won’t be employable. I can see that appealing to some of the worthless crowd, but the young, married and/or family man couldn’t care less about legalization. 

I kinda disagree.  I don’t think many companies are going to test for something that’s legal, but stays in your system for several days after you use it. But I guess we’d find out.  

52 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

Surely you don’t support this clown.  biden hasn’t shown you that liberal dims are worthless?!!!!!

“Excited for Beto” was a quote from Bullets post.  I’m typically left leaning, but I haven’t see anything from Beto I’m “excited” about. 

6 hours ago, baddog said:

Is the legalization of marijuana really that big of a ticket item? Most of the states that have passed legalization I consider loony toons states anyway. What could be better than a whole country full of Cheech and Chongs?

My anti-Beto feelings stem from his anti-gun platform. He gave Cruz a good run so there are legit reasons to fret. I just don’t think legal weed will attract enough voters. 

Yes.  Maybe the smartest thing Beto has done.  It’s a big enough issue that it will swing a serious amount of votes imo.  I don’t quite get it but there is a faction that it really moves.  Single issue votes akin to some pro-lifers. 

3 hours ago, InMAGAWeTrust said:

Another swing and miss, keep trying.

2 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

All the refineries and chemical plants will continue to test.

Possibly.  I get the safety aspect, but I imagine there would be some serious lawsuits when people start getting fired for participating in a legal activity off the clock. 

43 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Possibly.  I get the safety aspect, but I imagine there would be some serious lawsuits when people start getting fired for participating in a legal activity off the clock. 

They won’t hold up.  Plants that could have a serious accident if someone is impaired while at work won’t quit random testing just because some dopey politicians say it’s legal.

Sad that this is such a motivator for so many to get out and vote.