SB Halftime

Hagar

8 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I would say Prince is the greatest musician.

I read an interview with Eddie Van Halen and he was asked who the most gifted and "best" guitarist was and his answer was Chet Atkins. Said the man could play anything and he only wished he had his talent.

I understand many top guitarists have the same opinion.

I totally agree on Chet Atkins. I almost listed him and Mark Knopfler, but I figured it would fall on deaf ears. Lol.Ā 

No offense, but Jimi's skill is way overrated.Ā  Definitely a trailblazer and he should be credited for laying the building blocks for what came after, but honestly his talent is mundane by modern standards.Ā  Ā Sorry.Ā  John Mayer is 10x the musician that Jimi Hendrix was.Ā Ā 

Ā 

It's kinda like watching the old UFCs.Ā  Royce Gracie deserves a ton of talent for walking through the field in those first few UFCs, but the worst modern 170 lb fighter on the UFC would destroy anybody in that field of competitors from the first few UFCs...Ā  Royce included.Ā  Ā Kinda like the fact that the 2021 Browns would run all over the 86 Bears hypothetically.Ā Ā 

2 hours ago, bullets13 said:

My list of the most talented musicians starts with Freddie Mercury, and then you can debate after that.Ā  Then again, I love Queen's music, and don't particularly care for many of Prince's songs.Ā Ā 

Freddie Mercury is the best front man, ever, in my opinion.Ā Ā 

Ā 

I had the kids watching Queen live from Montreal about 6 years ago... they were so put off by his prancing around and mannerisms, but had to admit that he was the best vocalist that they'd heard.Ā  Then how I explained that nobody knew FM was gay until he came out... every queer since then has simply been imitating Freddie Mercury.Ā Ā 

Jimmy Page for me, but again, that comes down to style. He could play any genre.and some of his riffs are unbelievable.

Iā€™ll get some comments on this one. I didnā€™t care for his music per se, but Roy Clark could play anything with a string on it. I think it was his acoustical version of MalagueƱa that was out of this world.

11 hours ago, baddog said:

Jimmy Page for me, but again, that comes down to style. He could play any genre.and some of his riffs are unbelievable.

Iā€™ll get some comments on this one. I didnā€™t care for his music per se, but Roy Clark could play anything with a string on it. I think it was his acoustical version of MalagueƱa that was out of this world.

Agree with both commments 100%.Ā 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/28/2022 at 12:50 PM, TxHoops said:

Welp, we can no longer be friends...

You young whipper-snappers have a weird taste in music (or more accurately, noise). Ā Good grief, no wonder this country is about to implode. Ā It all started when The Beatles came out with Yellow Submarine, and it gets worse with each new style. Ā Whatā€™s worse than Rap? Ā My mind refuses to go there.

And to think, I used to respect you guys - Hoops, tvc, bullets, AAW, Smash Mouth, and et tu baddog?

Carry on children. Ā 
Ā 

šŸ‘½šŸ‘½šŸ‘½šŸ‘½šŸ‘½šŸ¤¦šŸ¤¦šŸ˜³šŸ¤¦šŸ¤¦šŸ‘½šŸ‘½šŸ‘½šŸ‘½šŸ‘½

Ā 

8 hours ago, Hagar said:

You young whipper-snappers have a weird taste in music (or more accurately, noise). Ā Good grief, no wonder this country is about to implode. Ā It all started when The Beatles came out with Yellow Submarine, and it gets worse with each new style. Ā Whatā€™s worse than Rap? Ā My mind refuses to go there.

And to think, I used to respect you guys - Hoops, tvc, bullets, AAW, Smash Mouth, and et tu baddog?

Carry on children. Ā 
Ā 

Ā 

ā€œGet off my lawnā€ alert! Ā šŸ˜‚

Just saw this eloquent post:

RAP IS LIKE SCISSORS, IT ALWAYS LOSES TO ROCK!

Ā 

Which loses to old rock or country. Ā I would list some but you young folks wouldnā€™t recognize names like The Temptations or Haggard. Ā If you did you wouldnā€™t be extolling the virtues of Princesses or Hemi Jendrix. Ā SmhĀ 

Here endeth the lesson.

On 3/12/2022 at 11:12 AM, Hagar said:

Carry on children. Ā 
Ā 

Ā 

Rap is a drum beat for a person who canā€™t sing.

2 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

Lol. He sure did. I wouldnā€™t say he ā€œwasā€ Fleetwood Mac, but he was definitely a major contributor.Ā 

His love/hate relationship with Stevie Nicks was what led to their demise. They struggled without him. His influence was monumental to their success, so thatā€™s why I gave him that label. All good things must end, for whatever reason. Most can voice the lyrics to Fleetwood hits. Where he ranks as a top guitarist, I have no ranking.Ā