5AD1 District 8 and Region 2 discussion.

Cougtalk

On 7/10/2023 at 6:45 AM, AledoAlumni said:

How many seasons in a row does a team need to underperform before they lose status?

if you are an established program with the hardware to back it up, it can take a while. La Marque finally has been buried. what kept them around is they would show life for two years then drop off for another 3. when a team has deep runs(semi or state) with multiple championships, people still hold on to the glory days. Lincoln basketball my junior year went down as one of the worse teams in school history(didn't even make the playoffs) but was ranked the next year lol

On 7/7/2023 at 10:34 AM, AledoAlumni said:

I hear ya. PSJA North went 13-1 making it to the region final losing that game by 6. They return 21 starters from last year. That's enough for me to feel ok with ranking them #9. 

Been watching a few of their games on YouTube, they were damn good last season. Alot of youth too, felt like the whole team was a majority of sophs and juniors. The freshman starter at RB and freshman starter at CB from last season are going to be VERY good! 

1 hour ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Been watching a few of their games on YouTube, they were damn good last season. Alot of youth too, felt like the whole team was a majority of sophs and juniors. The freshman starter at RB and freshman starter at CB from last season are going to be VERY good! 

I don't want to hype R4..... BUT..... If there was going to be a year where they made it to state, this is about as good as any. Honestly cheering for them. 

Just seen where Tank has been working out with Jasper's star LB. Tank is currently in T-Town visiting Bama. 

More Titans received D1 offers the past couple weeks I've seen, not going to post all that on here. 

Can't wait for August 25th to get here. 😈

3 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Sandbag dunes replaced the salt ones? 😁

Huh? No! PAM fans themselves saying PAM has one of its best teams this year, multiple D-1 athletes recieving offers, Soph LB already recruited by Alabama, you saying PAM is in the mix with Aledo and Longview, PAM ranked Top Ten. None of that is sandbagging, but OK whatever, it looks very real to me.  

Four-star linebacker Kelvion Riggins transfers from state champ South Oak Cliff to Forney 🐰

Riggins is rated the 22nd-best linebacker in the country in the Class of 2025. 🏈

@DMNGregRiddle | #txhsfb 

This is the hidden content, please

PAM is loaded, but I’m going with the Eagles for DC this year. We play PAM at home and hopefully not in a tropical storm like last year 😎. The Eagles will be a challenge for secondaries this year with one of the best receiving corps I have seen at BH.  Returning a good group on defense with the LB’s  and line being solid. BH will continue to excel under Abseck. It’s going to be a fun year can’t wait 

17 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

PAM is loaded, but I’m going with the Eagles for DC this year. We play PAM at home and hopefully not in a tropical storm like last year 😎. The Eagles will be a challenge for secondaries this year with one of the best receiving corps I have seen at BH.  Returning a good group on defense with the LB’s  and line being solid. BH will continue to excel under Abseck. It’s going to be a fun year can’t wait 

Rain is fun, keeps the "atmosphere" hydrated. 😁

48 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Rain is fun, keeps the "atmosphere" hydrated. 😁

Lol not for an air attack. Hope for a good clean game. BH has yet to beat the Titians, but have played competitive with them. BH did well last year moving up and getting to the second round in their 1st year of 5 A Div1. Starting out the season ranked #23 bringing  back 7 on O and 6 on D! BH should be tough this year, I think the only question mark is the O- line that graduated a bunch.