5AD1 District 8 and Region 2 discussion.

Cougtalk

On 5/4/2023 at 3:52 PM, PAMFAM10 said:

If PAM stays healthy and the QB is at least decent PAM will be in the mix.

I wouldn't be surprised if the QB position isn't set until after the Spring Legacy scrimmage, which is a good thing if what I've been hearing is true 😉

22 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the QB position isn't set until after the Spring Legacy scrimmage, which is a good thing if what I've been hearing is true 😉

Thought it was the senior all the way but if he’s getting competition can only be good. 

This team already have more players with D1 scholarships than the 12 class.

15 minutes ago, PAMFAM10 said:

Thought it was the senior all the way but if he’s getting competition can only be good. 

This team already have more players with D1 scholarships than the 12 class.

He should win the battle, but I don't think the position is set in stone like it was last Summer. 

On 5/30/2023 at 5:40 PM, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

@BMTSoulja1 do you have another asinine prediction for this upcoming season like you had last season? I'm still waiting for a reply sir, unless you're still licking the wounds from that pitiful season your Pear Orchard Timberpuppies had last season. 

I’ll gladly give you a prediction as soon as you acknowledge here on record that West End Bruins  had a (how did you say) pitiful season last year.  

4 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I’ll gladly give you a prediction as soon as you acknowledge here on record that West End Bruins  had a (how did you say) pitiful season last year.  

Classic deflection from how pathetic your prediction was last season for Port Arthur Memorial and how your Timberpuppies suffered last season in which I predicted they would btw. 

My prediction for Port Arthur Memorial is still the same as last season: 9-1 at best, 8-2 at worst. 

5 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Classic deflection from how pathetic your prediction was last season for Port Arthur Memorial and how your Timberpuppies suffered last season in which I predicted they would btw. 

My prediction for Port Arthur Memorial is still the same as last season: 9-1 at best, 8-2 at worst. 

The 1 or 2 losses who are you guessing too? 

37 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Every time. It's a healthy rivalry. Ask @OlDawg 

It’s become a good rivalry. Wasn’t that way until about 10 years ago. The demographics of LP have changed to majority Hispanic, and the sports teams reflect that change.

As far as enrollment, I believe 2282 is the old number. But, the senior class graduated 450, and the 8th grade is about the same. Maybe a touch less. Seems I read 815 somewhere.

I expect LP to remain 5A for a while. UIL will continue to raise numbers, and the new residents are still very young families. Of course, I am wrong half the time. 😀

3 minutes ago, OlDawg said:

It’s become a good rivalry. Wasn’t that way until about 10 years ago. The demographics of LP have changed to majority Hispanic, and the sports teams reflect that change.

As far as enrollment, I believe 2282 is the old number. But, the senior class graduated 450, and the 8th grade is about the same. Maybe a touch less. Seems I read 815 somewhere.

I expect LP to remain 5A for a while. UIL will continue to raise numbers, and the new residents are still very young families. Of course, I am wrong half the time. 😀

Yeah those 2 playoff games before yall joined us in the old 5A district I wanna forget about 😁

11 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Yeah those 2 playoff games before yall joined us in the old 5A district I wanna forget about 😁

Hopefully the new residents, new stadium, and new coaching staff can turn things back around. But, LP now is 57% Hispanic. Football becomes an issue with those numbers unless there are a lot of transfers like NS. Pasadena says hello…