5AD1 District 8 and Region 2 discussion.

Cougtalk

1 hour ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Classic deflection from how pathetic your prediction was last season for Port Arthur Memorial and how your Timberpuppies suffered last season in which I predicted they would btw. 

My prediction for Port Arthur Memorial is still the same as last season: 9-1 at best, 8-2 at worst. 

Do you have comprehension issues or something? Or are you that scared of the resident WB fan getting on your arse?  I’m convinced it’s the latter.  But gone ahead about your day.  😎

35 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Do you have comprehension issues or something? Or are you that scared of the resident WB fan getting on your arse?  I’m convinced it’s the latter.  But gone ahead about your day.  😎

You still haven't answered the original question. And honestly it's telling. 🤷🏾‍♂️

BU headed for a bad season once again more than likely, that's why you're not answering, it's what you do. No biggie. Hopefully both BU and WB drop this upcoming realignment so the Titans can pick up 2 cupcake (more so in terms of BU being the ultra cupcake) BMT dubs in district play. 😎😈

1 hour ago, TradenupBH said:

I know my youngest is incoming Junior at BH. I think they have 584 in his class. I believe BH will be around 2,200-2,300 on snapshot day.

Every time I go out that way(About once a month) MB looks different.  Growing really really fast. 

On 5/31/2023 at 7:45 PM, OlDawg said:

It’s become a good rivalry. Wasn’t that way until about 10 years ago. The demographics of LP have changed to majority Hispanic, and the sports teams reflect that change.

As far as enrollment, I believe 2282 is the old number. But, the senior class graduated 450, and the 8th grade is about the same. Maybe a touch less. Seems I read 815 somewhere.

I expect LP to remain 5A for a while. UIL will continue to raise numbers, and the new residents are still very young families. Of course, I am wrong half the time. 😀

My bad…typo. Meant to say 415–not 815.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/31/2023 at 8:01 PM, OlDawg said:

Hopefully the new residents, new stadium, and new coaching staff can turn things back around. But, LP now is 57% Hispanic. Football becomes an issue with those numbers unless there are a lot of transfers like NS. Pasadena says hello…

You are right on. If LP follows the the North Shore model even to some degree, LP can be good to very good. If it turns into a Pasadena model, then not so much. I think the former for LP.     

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/10/2023 at 4:27 PM, Separation Scientist said:

Thats a wide range. If BH is closer to 2200, they stay 5A. If its 2300, likely 6A. 

Either way everything might change the next round after that. 

How many do we need to move in this area to get rid of these guys ? I got some Nephews.Can you tell I'm bored ?                                          

BARBERS HILL

8-18-23   Shadow Creek (Scrimmage) Away

8-25-23   Magnolia West                      Home

9-1-23     Montgomery                          Away

9-8-23     Baytown Sterling                   Home 

9-15-23   Crosby                                   Away 

9-22-23   LaPorte (HC)                         Home

9-29-23   Baytown GCM                       Away

10-6-23   Baytown Lee                         Home

10-20-23 Kingwood Park                     Away

10-27-23 Port Arthur Memorial            Home   

11-3-23   Porter                                   Away

On 6/23/2023 at 1:10 PM, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Here's the preseason Top 10 for 5A D1: 

DCTF Preseason Top 10 

1. Aledo

2. Longview

3. College Station

4. Lancaster

5. Mansfield Timberview

6. Smithson Valley

7. Frisco Lone Star

8. Port Arthur Memorial

9. Fulshear

10. Frisco Reedy

Who returns more between Timberview and Lancaster? 

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Saw your top 10 of 5AD1 on the 6A site, I can't disagree with it 🤷🏾‍♂️ @AledoAlumni

I think it's pretty solid. We both know there are teams that will come out of nowhere and have a really good season. Kinda like Burleson Centennial last year. Others I'm probably overrating. No doubt Region 2 is the most stacked in 5AD1. Gonna be brutal making it out. Should make for an exciting season. 

1. Aledo

2. Longview

3. Lancaster

4. College Station

5. Mansfield Timberview

6. Smithson Valley

7. Midlothian

8. Port Arthur Memorial

9. PSJA North

10. Georgetown