5AD1 District 8 and Region 2 discussion.

Cougtalk

So here is we’re we stand mid way through.

Tied for 1st PAM @ 2-0    

Tied for 1st LaPorte @ 3-0  

Tied for 3rd BH @ 2-1    

Tied for 3rd  KWP @ 2-1    

Tied for 3rd Porter @ 1-1   

Tied or 3rd Lee @ 2-1

Crosby, Sterling and GCM all pretty much out of contention at the point.

many scenarios left but I see in no particular order PAM , LaPorte, BH and Porter in the playoffs. 

2 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

So here is we’re we stand mid way through.

Tied for 1st PAM @ 2-0    

Tied for 1st LaPorte @ 3-0  

Tied for 3rd BH @ 2-1    

Tied for 3rd  KWP @ 2-1    

Tied for 3rd Porter @ 1-1   

Tied or 3rd Lee @ 2-1

Crosby, Sterling and GCM all pretty much out of contention at the point.

many scenarios left but I see in no particular order PAM , LaPorte, BH and Porter in the playoffs. 

I think KWP ruined their own playoff chances in that debacle versus Porter, they literally giftwrapped the game to Porter late.

It might come down to KWP having to beat us here in PA week-11 to make the playoffs unless they do the unthinkable and knock off LP and/or BH. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I think KWP ruined their own playoff chances in that debacle versus Porter, they literally giftwrapped the game to Porter late.

It might come down to KWP having to beat us here in PA week-11 to make the playoffs unless they do the unthinkable and knock off LP and/or BH. 

Any thing is possible at this point. I thing we cruise to our bye week then coming out we have KWP, PAM and Porter. Any slip ups here and we could be watching the playoffs 

12 hours ago, panamamyers said:

GCM and Sterling have been out of contention for the last 5 years. Not sure I would write off Crosby just yet.

Stranger thinks have happened, but Crosby has already lost to BH. Lee and KWP.  They still have PAM , LaPorte and Porter. Highly unlikely 

On 9/26/2023 at 6:32 PM, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I still worry about LP against any solid passing attack. KWP—with Sims in the Pistol—is more dangerous to me than Fuentes. Sims is a containment threat. Fuentes wasn’t really a running threat. If LP pressures, they better have a spy or two. Get practiced up with it also. Porter’s QB is tough as well.

KWP took down LP last year & made them look silly in the process. That’s the game LP lost Lawrence for the season.

No way the KWP vs. LP game is a given.

43 minutes ago, Old Ape said:

Solid passing attack??!

Aint nobody in that district throw it nearly as good as BH and LP just handled them.

Yes. KWP has a solid passing attack. Maybe not as pure as BH. But, they have more of a dual threat QB.

60% completion rate isn’t bad when you factor in the scramble yards of Sims as well.

You are correct these are different teams. I hope it’s a different outcome.

6 minutes ago, OlDawg said:

BH passing attack was off in the 2nd half because LP made adjustments, shut BH down, and totally dominated the 2nd half of the game.

Period. End of story.

Agreed. We had some drops in the first half that we’re uncharacteristical, but the 2nd half LP was in the backfield and our receivers were covered.

6 hours ago, AledoAlumni said:

I don't think so. Y'all will win every game in R2 by 17+. 

Man...there are some really dynamic and defensive teams out there in Region 2.  PLus, we haven't put together a solid game yet. Defense showed some flaws when Lancaster scored 35 on us. We will see how it looks on Friday when we play Forney.

5 hours ago, kingwolf1 said:

Man...there are some really dynamic and defensive teams out there in Region 2.  PLus, we haven't put together a solid game yet. Defense showed some flaws when Lancaster scored 35 on us. We will see how it looks on Friday when we play Forney.

Yall will be fine. Longview will get everything figured out. At this moment I still have yall ahead of us but its close. 

• 2 weeks later...

I really feel sorry for who ever is 3rd in this district if they have to go to Forney...you guys are going to get hosed....worst officiating I have seen in a while. You can see it in both the Longview and Lancaster games...both teams way outgained forney and had penalties occur at the worst possible times when they were driving for a score...they don't even try to hide it.

1 minute ago, kingwolf1 said:

I really feel sorry for who ever is 3rd in this district if they have to go to Forney...you guys are going to get hosed....worst officiating I have seen in a while. You can see it in both the Longview and Lancaster games...both teams way outgained forney and had penalties occur at the worst possible times when they were driving for a score...they don't even try to hide it.

And will get a TD even when the foot is clearly out of bounds (seen that in the LV game) 

21 hours ago, kingwolf1 said:

Yeah but during the playoffs don't coaches agree on a officiating crew? They could get a crew from west or central Texas. Shouldn't be a problem.