La Porte is Open

La Porte should’ve hired OC Beck Neal instead of the 1 and done disaster. I’m hoping he applies again, and LP makes the right decision this time. He’s an LP native, spent the majority of his coaching career there, and is a great coach (has an incredible rapport with the players). Cmon LP do right by the kids!

On 1/20/2022 at 6:49 PM, Separation Scientist said:

I don't know why you say that. You really think I just made that up? A fairytell? Seriously? 

No one is pointing at your grandparents. What I am doing is contrasting the privileged poor of today that gang bangs and commits the vast majority of crimes then uses "poverty" as an excuse, to the preceding generations that were FAR poorer than the poor of today, but were solid, law abiding citizens. The world has changed. Fathers are mostly absent and the welfare generation is running wild. Over the past year many cities have became war zones. Its not mostly isolated to Chicago, NY, and LA anymore. Sad days for whats left of America.   

+10,000

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/20/2022 at 6:49 PM, Separation Scientist said:

I don't know why you say that. You really think I just made that up? A fairytell? Seriously? 

No one is pointing at your grandparents. What I am doing is contrasting the privileged poor of today that gang bangs and commits the vast majority of crimes then uses "poverty" as an excuse, to the preceding generations that were FAR poorer than the poor of today, but were solid, law abiding citizens. The world has changed. Fathers are mostly absent and the welfare generation is running wild. Over the past year many cities have became war zones. Its not mostly isolated to Chicago, NY, and LA anymore. Sad days for whats left of America.   

I don't think you're making that up at all. I'm saying it sounds like a fairytale compared to both sets of my grandparents' stories. My dad worked at the same place I do. When he hired on in April of 1977 as a 19 year old they used to scald the water fountain after he drank from it but he came from nothing so he dealt with it. In the same control center he worked for 37 years there's a picture of my grandpa circa 1950. He was called an "operator" but only made a fraction of the wages because of his color. Both sides of my family come from Louisiana plantations and my great grandpa share cropped in Big Cane on the same fields his family worked. When my grandpa was young the Klan burned down his school and he never went again because they never built another one. Plessy vs Ferguson made that common throughout the south though. Imagine being my uncle and having to fight the world's greatest racist in a segregated military then coming home and not being able to drink from the same water fountain as a German POW? I'm not going to really get more into it than that but that's the soft side of things.

To understand the crime situation in the cities you named you would have to first understand the timeline from Reconstruction though the Jim Crow era and the reasons for their flight to those cities. If you're a share-cropper with no education things don't change a bunch because you moved to Chicago or New York. You go there because you can go to a better school or not get a cross burned in your yard for trying to register to vote. I know people like you will never understand this but you don't go from the vast majority of the population not being allowed to learn to read to even where your grandpa was in one or two generations. Not to mention not being able to own property, get a loan or be considered for gainful employment at a fair wage. Imagine how much better off my dad and his siblings would've been if my grandpa was paid a fair wage and could buy a house and property that appreciated in value to hand down? 

I never said poverty was an excuse, I said it was the main reason along with some other things you would disagree with like much easier access to guns. If you don't understand the reasons just say that because I can absolutely guarantee you've never pulled up in a housing project on the south side of Chicago and talked to the residents like I have, or hung out on Crenshaw or in Inglewood in LA like I have or been in those 40 story housing authority buildings in Brooklyn like I have. You're making generalizations based on sketchy data analysis but I wouldn't expect anything more from you. You can have it though, it's literally not even worth the time anymore these days. 

6 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I don't think you're making that up at all. I'm saying it sounds like a fairytale compared to both sets of my grandparents' stories. My dad worked at the same place I do. When he hired on in April of 1977 as a 19 year old they used to scald the water fountain after he drank from it but he came from nothing so he dealt with it. In the same control center he worked for 37 years there's a picture of my grandpa circa 1950. He was called an "operator" but only made a fraction of the wages because of his color. Both sides of my family come from Louisiana plantations and my great grandpa share cropped in Big Cane on the same fields his family worked. When my grandpa was young the Klan burned down his school and he never went again because they never built another one. Plessy vs Ferguson made that common throughout the south though. Imagine being my uncle and having to fight the world's greatest racist in a segregated military then coming home and not being able to drink from the same water fountain as a German POW? I'm not going to really get more into it than that but that's the soft side of things.

To understand the crime situation in the cities you named you would have to first understand the timeline from Reconstruction though the Jim Crow era and the reasons for their flight to those cities. If you're a share-cropper with no education things don't change a bunch because you moved to Chicago or New York. You go there because you can go to a better school or not get a cross burned in your yard for trying to register to vote. I know people like you will never understand this but you don't go from the vast majority of the population not being allowed to learn to read to even where your grandpa was in one or two generations. Not to mention not being able to own property, get a loan or be considered for gainful employment at a fair wage. Imagine how much better off my dad and his siblings would've been if my grandpa was paid a fair wage and could buy a house and property that appreciated in value to hand down? 

I never said poverty was an excuse, I said it was the main reason along with some other things you would disagree with like much easier access to guns. If you don't understand the reasons just say that because I can absolutely guarantee you've never pulled up in a housing project on the south side of Chicago and talked to the residents like I have, or hung out on Crenshaw or in Inglewood in LA like I have or been in those 40 story housing authority buildings in Brooklyn like I have. You're making generalizations based on sketchy data analysis but I wouldn't expect anything more from you. You can have it though, it's literally not even worth the time anymore these days. 

Great post. Too many people believe that their values and their life experiences are the only values and life experiences that should apply to everyone else. 

Guest mrtomcat
13 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

So, you're saying LaPorte is still open?   Ok, thanks

On 1/18/2022 at 7:39 AM, D3zii said:

That whole area headed south of Houston towards Galveston as a whole is going through a major change and not the football powers they use to be

(La Marque, Hitchcock, Galveston, etc.) 

Dickinson is still has a really good football program.

37 minutes ago, dBerrySports said:

It's official, Kevin Berneathy has been approved as the new La Porte head coach: 

This is the hidden content, please

Was told he was at LP before and was trying to get back there. Good luck to LP going forward.