La Porte is Open

On 2/17/2022 at 8:52 PM, navydawg31 said:

If he wants to be at LP, and he knows the task good luck! Wish him the best of luck!

Way tougher to get into the playoffs in that district than when he was at Dobie, but a much much better chance at making a playoff run than when he was at Dobie. Good gamble for him in my opinion

18 hours ago, dBerrySports said:

Way tougher to get into the playoffs in that district than when he was at Dobie, but a much much better chance at making a playoff run than when he was at Dobie. Good gamble for him in my opinion

LaPorte is similar to Baytown Lee, whereas, the growth has peaked and there isn't any new housing being developed, to attract families that are looking for a place to live. Enrollment at both schools has continued to drop, watering down the talent pool. Finn(Lee) has done a tremendous job with what he inherited, and has to work with.  By far the best HC in GCCISD. It will take that same kind of mentality to get LaPorte back in the mix. Lee(south baytown) and LaPorte are right across the water from one another, and both are on similar paths moving forward. Blue collar kids need a blue collar coach.

1 hour ago, TheDonk said:

LaPorte is similar to Baytown Lee, whereas, the growth has peaked and there isn't any new housing being developed, to attract families that are looking for a place to live. Enrollment at both schools has continued to drop, watering down the talent pool. Finn(Lee) has done a tremendous job with what he inherited, and has to work with.  By far the best HC in GCCISD. It will take that same kind of mentality to get LaPorte back in the mix. Lee(south baytown) and LaPorte are right across the water from one another, and both are on similar paths moving forward. Blue collar kids need a blue collar coach.

Good to see I am not the only one that has noticed what Finn has done at Lee. John Wooden had a quote along the lines of success is doing your best to become the best you are capable of becoming. I think Lee has really reached their full potential of what they are capable of being these last three years. I hope he stays a while.

30 minutes ago, panamamyers said:

Good to see I am not the only one that has noticed what Finn has done at Lee. John Wooden had a quote along the lines of success is doing your best to become the best you are capable of becoming. I think Lee has really reached their full potential of what they are capable of being these last three years. I hope he stays a while.

I think he will probably retire from Lee. He has a program that has totally bought into him, and hes been the best thing they've had since Olin. Not too many coaches could do what hes doing over there. His only problem, which has kept them from being more successful, is depth. They score a ton of points and had athletes that just got tired midway thru the 3rd qtr.