Vidor 20 Tyler Chapel Hill 25/FINAL

AggiesAreWe

I will have to say one thing. After this year I’m a firm believer in the off season/summer workout program they’ve put in place. Vidor definitely was a second half team all year long. When other teams where out of gas in the second half, our young men where grinding and pushing other teams around a d it made a difference on the field and scoreboard 

3 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Hats off for a great season.  How sad for it to end like that.  I know one thing, Jordan Smith played one heckuva game.  He will be missed.  I hope some young player uses him as a role model and spends next summer in the gym.  

He did play great, the defense really stepped it up at the end like usual. You could tell they wanted the win, it all set up perfectly for them but the ending. A few breakdowns on long QB touchdown runs killed us, it’s about all they had. Reminiscent of some recent HH games where the quarterback does it all himself.

4 minutes ago, MYHOUSE said:

I will have to say one thing. After this year I’m a firm believer in the off season/summer workout program they’ve put in place. Vidor definitely was a second half team all year long. When other teams where out of gas in the second half, our young men where grinding and pushing other teams around a d it made a difference on the field and scoreboard 

It’s true they put in the work in the off-season and it paid off. I’d have loved to seen what they could have done in the playoffs with Seppy and Watson both healthy but that’s football for you. Still should have won this one and went 3 rounds deep without them. As far as next season goes… if we could only find another Jordan Smith.

1 minute ago, Boneyard Boys said:

It’s true they put in the work in the off-season and it paid off. I’d have loved to seen what they could have done in the playoffs with Seppy and Watson both healthy but that’s football for you. Still should have won this one and went 3 rounds deep without them. As far as next season goes… if we could only find another Jordan Smith.

He’ll be extremely hard to replace. 

29 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Yep just run it 2-3 times to get a first down, clock stops to move the chains. Come to the line and spike it to kill the clock. Now you’re inside the 15 yard line and have maybe 40-50 seconds with 3 plays left to score. More than likely one of those run plays breaks and you score. Pass should have never been in the conversation unless you’re facing 3rd or 4th and long.

Yep

49 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Not sure I’ve ever seen better in a Pirate Uniform.  At least not in a long, long time.

On the plus side, we have two undefeated JV teams.  Should be some durn good Pirate football next year.

11 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Not sure I’ve ever seen better in a Pirate Uniform.  At least not in a long, long time.

On the plus side, we have two undefeated JV teams.  Should be some durn good Pirate football next year.

You’re right, it’s going to be impossible to find another nose guard like that but the defense as a whole will have almost everyone back. The big guy was one of our only seniors on that side of the ball. Now the offense is losing a lot in the backfield and we have to find a new QB.

Still flabbergasted by this one, gonna take a little while to get over what could have been. All of your best players on offense are your runners, even the QB is at his best when running the ball. You’ve got to put the ball in #1 #26 or #2 hands as a runner in the crucial moments at the end of the game. Live and die with what got you there, asking the QB to execute through the air wasn’t smart. You're putting it all on his shoulders, literally. Not one of those pass plays were even close to working, 1st down covered incomplete, 2nd down sacked, 3rd down low pass incomplete flag illegal man downfield, 4th down overthrown intercepted. None of your best players touched the ball in a meaningful way on the final series in your last drive of the season. Ah well on to next year I guess, just had to let that final complaint go unheard lol. It was a blast doing some play by play on here for you guys and following this special team this season. I only wish it could have lasted a couple more weeks.

2 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Yea thanks I’ve seen enough of that kid running wild on us tonight, he singlehanded won the game for them.

Man, I was looking for another highlight but the only other one I saw was another long run from him just like that. Crazy that kid is a freshman, Rio knew where to go. Part of the that argument “Are you really that great of a coach or are you a great coach when you’re at a place with great talent?”. 

1 minute ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Man, I was looking for another highlight but the only other one I saw was another long run from him just like that. Crazy that kid is a freshman, Rio knew where to go. Part of the that argument “Are you really that great of a coach or are you a great coach when you’re at a place with great talent?”. 

Going to be a good one for sure, now I see why he ran off the other QB and put that kid in.

12 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Kid has hell of an arm too. Once they work on his accuracy to go along with his arm strength and legs, he’s really going to be dangerous. They had open receivers multiple times tonight but he just overthrew them. 

2 hours ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Even better yet just run the ball out wide and you have a chance to get out of bounds to stop the clock. The outside run was working all night long, I don’t get the sudden decision to pass on 1st and 2nd down with that much time left in the game.

never used Rodgers with his speed

9 hours ago, Boneyard Boys said:

He did play great, the defense really stepped it up at the end like usual. You could tell they wanted the win, it all set up perfectly for them but the ending. A few breakdowns on long QB touchdown runs killed us, it’s about all they had. Reminiscent of some recent HH games where the quarterback does it all himself.

Yep, QB run left, QB run right, QB run up the middle. That was their offense for the most part but it was just enough to squeeze out a win. 

But the play calling on that last possession with 1st down on our own 25 yard line still boggles my mind. That summer workout program was designed for that situation with the defense gassed to run the ball down their throat but they let them off the hook with 4 passes in row. We’ll good luck to the remaining teams from our area.

• Bigdog locked this topic