Crosby 69 Port Neches-Groves 28/Final

AggiesAreWe

52 minutes ago, NDNation said:

The minute Crosby stepped on the field for warm-ups,  I knew we were in trouble. Every kid on that team looked like a winner.

I forgot we were getting our butts handed to us, and actually enjoyed watching Crosby play...lol

We need to put out some mailboxes.

All I want to know is where is that great defense from the coach from Allen

1 hour ago, ScubaSteve said:

PNG first td surprised me by his speed, I thought he would have been caught from behind. Good catch and run. 

I didn’t understand that? PNG couldn’t really generate any offense outside of #18 but I think he only touched it four or five times, scored on two of them. I don’t even think Trahan had 30 rushing yards? You can see the difference in the way the teams are coached with how many different way Crosby’s staff gets the ball in their playmakers hands. The efficiency the offense is operating at right now is crazy. 

2 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I didn’t understand that? PNG couldn’t really generate any offense outside of #18 but I think he only touched it four or five times, scored on two of them. I don’t even think Trahan had 30 rushing yards? You can see the difference in the way the teams are coached with how many different way Crosby’s staff gets the ball in their playmakers hands. The efficiency the offense is operating at right now is crazy. 

We're u ever able to get the stats on this game?

1 hour ago, oldman said:

Better than PNG.  The held BH to 632 yards.   Combined the Boys West of the Trinity put 1,363 yards of Offense on Mid-County.

The 132 combined points is what’s Impressive to me. It’s hard for offenses to be that efficient even in practice. It looked like 5A-D1 teams against 5A-D2 teams. 

5 minutes ago, chief1987 said:

But Png beat BH. Nederland lost to BH. But, whatever makes you warm and fuzzy. 

And Ned won MCM.

Mid-County should be holding hands in prayer together today along Hwy-365 and encouraging each other that it's going to be ok  😁🤷🏾‍♂️

9 minutes ago, oldman said:

On another note, If you want to read some serious Coach bashing go to the PNG Football forum.  It is as bad as it gets.  

I read it. That was light, I've seen way worse than that.

But it's some of the same talk I've seen for a few years now. Where there's smoke there's fire as they say.

Folks see what's going on, they're not clueless. 🤷🏾‍♂️ Just my opinion. 

34 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

The 132 combined points is what’s Impressive to me. It’s hard for offenses to be that efficient even in practice. It looked like 5A-D1 teams against 5A-D2 teams. 

It is closer to that - the size differences in the schools is significant. It won’t be surprising if both are D1 next year. But I didn’t watch BH against Nederland. I can say Crosby v PNG it seemed like the Crosby offense was moving in fast forward and png was on a time delay. I don’t think it’s just that Crosby was faster, it’s the play design had PNG hesitating, like they didn’t know who to go after. It’s of course stating the obvious to say the better team won after a beat down like that, but it’s clear Crosby has taken serious steps forward in the past few years. I’m sure some of that is based on growth, but it’s also coaching and maybe even culture. Crosby wasn’t this dominant for most of the last 20 years, even when they were good, so something is different in a good way over there. 

3 minutes ago, Rez Ipsa said:

It is closer to that - the size differences in the schools is significant. It won’t be surprising if both are D1 next year. But I didn’t watch BH against Nederland. I can say Crosby v PNG it seemed like the Crosby offense was moving in fast forward and png was on a time delay. I don’t think it’s just that Crosby was faster, it’s the play design had PNG hesitating, like they didn’t know who to go after. It’s of course stating the obvious to say the better team won after a beat down like that, but it’s clear Crosby has taken serious steps forward in the past few years. I’m sure some of that is based on growth, but it’s also coaching and maybe even culture. Crosby wasn’t this dominant for most of the last 20 years, even when they were good, so something is different in a good way over there. 

Coach Riordan and nem changed the expectations at Crosby. Coach P is carrying it thru now. This isn't your Coach Haynes type Crosby Cougars anymore. 🤷🏾‍♂️

15 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

But it's some of the same talk I've seen for a few years now. Where there's smoke there's fire as they say.

I agree

39 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Coach Riordan and nem changed the expectations at Crosby. Coach P is carrying it thru now. This isn't your Coach Haynes type Crosby Cougars anymore. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Same kinda kids they’ve always had, truth be told the numbers coming out for football are a little low this year. Hopefully that goes back up, 14.2 can elaborate on the numbers in 8th grade on up.  I love the coaches passion, they seem to teach(coach) every moment.  The kids play for one another.

2 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

BF is limited by his personnel. If the PNG faithful can’t see that after last night then they’re probably the ones with the issue, not BF. He could’ve ran anything outside of the slot-t and it would’ve been similar results.

One of the moms last night asked one of the other fans in the stands, “Somebody said this is the team that beat Barbers Hill?”. Guy says, “Yeah, it is”. Woman turns to her friend and says, “IDK, maybe they were using different players?” She was DAS too😭