Question about vaccines and monoclonal infusions

bullets13

I know many people who are against the vaccine because it uses artificial mRNA virus to create an immune response, rather than a weakened version of the natural virus.  Many of these same people also made a big deal about the vaccine not being FDA approved, and then when it was approved, made a big deal about them rushing it through.  While I don’t feel the same way, I feel those are valid concerns, but… 

many of these same people are getting monoclonal antibody infusions when they get sick, and none of them are questioning the methodology or effectiveness of the infusions or trying to convince people not to take them.  I’m having a hard time understanding this.  Monoclonal infusions load the body with antibodies that are similar to the ones your body would naturally make in response to infection. However, monoclonal antibodies are mass-produced in a laboratory and are designed to recognize a specific component of this virus — the spike protein on its outer shell.  Sounds a lot like the vaccine, doesn’t it?  On top of this, monoclonal infusions are not FDA approved.  

any thoughts?  Any of you anti-vaxxers care to admit you’ve got the infusion?  I know several folks that have.  Some of them are still against the vaccine.  I really don’t understand the rationale.

For one and probably foremost is, I am sick right now, I might end up in the hospital or dead and this treatment can turn me around very quickly. No matter the long term effects, without it you won’t have to worry, you might not be here.

Secondly, right or wrong, you can find a lot of information from medical professionals that say the mRNA vaccine works but it makes your body more susceptible to a more serious version of the disease later. Basically it will save your life this go round but it might kill you later.

I don’t know the answer to either but I think that is behind the rationale of the thought process.

12 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

For one and probably foremost is, I am sick right now, I might end up in the hospital or dead and this treatment can turn me around very quickly. No matter the long term effects, without it you won’t have to worry, you might not be here.

Secondly, right or wrong, you can find a lot of information from medical professionals that say the mRNA vaccine works but it makes your body more susceptible to a more serious version of the disease later. Basically it will save your life this go round but it might kill you later.

I don’t know the answer to either but I think that is behind the rationale of the thought process.

I’ve never heard that argument against the vaccine from any of them, so I don’t think that’s their rationale.  But I understand your response, especially the first half, and I’m sure that’s part of it, if not most of it.

1 minute ago, bullets13 said:

I’ve never heard that argument against the vaccine from any of them, so I don’t think that’s their rationale.  But I understand your response, especially the first half, and I’m sure that’s part of it, if not most of it.

I have read quite a bit on the second part and watch plenty of videos from people claiming to be immunologist.

I was seeing almost a year ago where it said (reportedly from medical professionals) that people who got the vaccine would have a spike in the percentages of people going to the hospital who had been vaccinated. 

I googled this and this is the very first report I came upon. It was from a new station in Maryland it says exactly that. There is now an uptick in the percentage of vaccinated people going to the hospital. Sure the unvaccinated are still becoming sick but now they’re vaccinated starting to pile in with the rest of them.

This is not new information but like almost everything with this disease, it is an all or nothing one way or the other. Many people have drawn a line in the sand and will not back off of either position.

This is the hidden content, please

9 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

I have read quite a bit on the second part and watch plenty of videos from people claiming to be immunologist.

I was seeing almost a year ago where it said (reportedly from medical professionals) that people who got the vaccine would have a spike in the percentages of people going to the hospital who had been vaccinated. 

I googled this and this is the very first report I came upon. It was from a new station in Maryland it says exactly that. There is now an uptick in the percentage of vaccinated people going to the hospital. Sure the unvaccinated are still becoming sick but now they’re vaccinated starting to pile in with the rest of them.

This is not new information but like almost everything with this disease, it is an all or nothing one way or the other. Many people have drawn a line in the sand and will not back off of either position.

This is the hidden content, please

Gotcha.  But the article still shows that, even though more people there are vaccinated than not, there’s still a significantly larger number of unvaccinated patients than vaccinated.  It also doesn’t show anything that supports that they’re more susceptible or in more danger than unvaccinated.  The numbers are showing the contrary.  

5 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Gotcha.  But the article still shows that, even though more people there are vaccinated than not, there’s still a significantly larger number of unvaccinated patients than vaccinated.  It also doesn’t show anything that supports that they’re more susceptible or in more danger than unvaccinated.  The numbers are showing the contrary.  

That was one of the first news report I came up on. Obviously unvaccinated have a greater chance of being more sick but in this one single news report from one limited area (and I have seen some that are a lot worse but this was the very first story in google) it shows what other reports have said, there is an increase in vaccinated people now showing up and with each variant it becomes greater. That at least somewhat matches the information from a year ago that as we progress, the mRNA might more likely do harm than benefit.

And again, it may be true and it may not be true but I have read many different forums and the information is definitely out there and is definitely looked at by many people as the reason that they will never get the mRNA vaccine.

When you ask for a rationale why people might get one and not the other, that is a big part of it. Is it valid? I don’t think we know yet but many people simply don’t want to take the chance.

7 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

That was one of the first news report I came up on. Obviously unvaccinated have a greater chance of being more sick but in this one single news report from one limited area (and I have seen some that are a lot worse but this was the very first story in google) it shows what other reports have said, there is an increase in vaccinated people now showing up and with each variant it becomes greater. That at least somewhat matches the information from a year ago that as we progress, the mRNA might more likely do harm than benefit.

And again, it may be true and it may not be true but I have read many different forums and the information is definitely out there and is definitely looked at by many people as the reason that they will never get the mRNA vaccine.

When you ask for a rationale why people might get one and not the other, that is a big part of it. Is it valid? I don’t think we know yet but many people simply don’t want to take the chance.

It seems like a very valid concern.  You’re just literally the first person I can remember mentioning it.  Although reduction in efficacy after time is not an indicator of  causing more harm, IMO.  

52 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

Sincerely hope you get to feeling better.

1 minute ago, baddog said:

Sincerely hope you get to feeling better.

I appreciate it. I am ever so slowly improving but I seem to be improving daily.  if I understand correctly, if you have a fairly bad case, it simply takes a long time to recover. The disease might be beaten but the rehab time might be extended. 

I would consider myself an outlier on the issue.

I am not an anti-vaxer or refusing to take the shot because of who is in the WH. I refuse for the same reason I refuse the flu shot, tetanus shots, shingle shots etc, I do not get sick.

Where some have used the term to mouth breathers as an insult, there are many who do most of their breathing through their mouth, which I am one along with 2 of my children. Both in their 30's have never had the flu or many of the common illnesses that people get in their early years.

Covid and the flu are respiratory illnesses, I believe, just my 62 years of experience with my own body that my "natural immunity" will keep doing what it has, fight off these viruses and other maladies.

5 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

I appreciate it. I am ever so slowly improving but I seem to be improving daily.  if I understand correctly, if you have a fairly bad case, it simply takes a long time to recover. The disease might be beaten but the rehab time might be extended. 

The only time in my life that I have been sick for 12 days straight. Mostly felt lethargic. Had slight fever last couple of days before getting over it. Lost my taste and smell. Everyone is different. Wife was sick at same time. She was more mobile while all I wanted to do was sit in my chair. Hang in there and keep your oxygen level monitored.

38 minutes ago, Derf Nosneb said:

I am not an anti-vaxer or refusing to take the shot because of who is in the WH. I refuse for the same reason I refuse the flu shot, tetanus shots, shingle shots etc, I do not get sick.

Where some have used the term to mouth breathers as an insult, there are many who do most of their breathing through their mouth, which I am one along with 2 of my children. Both in their 30's have never had the flu or many of the common illnesses that people get in their early years.

Covid and the flu are respiratory illnesses, I believe, just my 62 years of experience with my own body that my "natural immunity" will keep doing what it has, fight off these viruses and other maladies.

I’m that way with the flu.  I’ve taught for 15 years, and until last year (when students were masked up and socially distanced, amongst MANY other precautions) there’s never been a school year when at least half of my class didn’t get the flu at one time or another.  I haven’t had it in 13 or 14 years, although I’m exposed to it constantly.  I personally opted for the Covid shot because I had no immunities to it, but I get the point you’re making.  I’ve also heard (and cannot substantiate this with any type of research) that people in professions where they deal with people all the time tend to handle Covid better because of the work that their immune system constantly puts in.  It seems plausible.  

On 9/14/2021 at 4:00 PM, Derf Nosneb said:

That’s fair. 

On 9/15/2021 at 11:09 PM, tvc184 said:

I have heard that the federal government has shut down the monoclonal infusion treatment. 

millions on the right have refused to take the vaccine, many for the sole reason that the government is trying to make them.  Now the right is losing their mind because the government is possibly going stop them from getting the monoclonal infusion treatment.  It's hilarious to me, to be honest.  The right has been over the top outspoken (and to be fair, I don't think they're completely wrong) about the government mandating a  "non FDA-approved, artificially created, side-effects unknown vaccine shot" on them for over a year. but now there's no way in hell the government is going to stop them from getting the other, almost identical, non FDA-approved, artificially created, side-effects unknown infusion shot.  

11 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

millions on the right have refused to take the vaccine, many for the sole reason that the government is trying to make them.  Now the right is losing their mind because the government is possibly going stop them from getting the monoclonal infusion treatment.  It's hilarious to me, to be honest.  The right has been over the top outspoken (and to be fair, I don't think they're completely wrong) about the government mandating a  "non FDA-approved, artificially created, side-effects unknown vaccine shot" on them for over a year. but now there's no way in hell the government is going to stop them from getting the other, almost identical, non FDA-approved, artificially created, side-effects unknown infusion shot.  

Better question why are they trying force a vaccine and trying to take away other methods?