Texas: a step in the right direction

5GallonBucket

10 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

What makes you think liberals care about them?  They keep them in crime infested public housing and throw crumbs at them just so they can get their vote to keep the crumbs coming.

Liberals care no more about babies that conservatives...and we know they care nothing for the unborn.

I'm not saying liberals care about them.  the majority of people on both sides don't care about them.  but only one side is demanding they be born.  

If folks really cared about the unborn, they would donate to crisis pregnancy centers.  There are a lot of folks walking around because the mother visited one and were able to get counselling rather than go to planned parenthood.  Churches, food pantries, the list is long where folks can get help when the child is born.

We're in trouble if our main source of benevolence is the gov, they've been battling the war on poverty for decades, and it's gotten worse...by design.

What have the democrats done in the last 50 years to improve the lives of the impoverished?  Having an economy that is rolling along and providing jobs for folks is the only answer, not generational gov assistance.  IT WILL NOT SOLVE THE PROBLEM!

I think the majority of folks in this country don't want to have to 100% provide for themselves and their own.

God help us.

1 hour ago, dBerrySports said:

Therein lies the problem. You don't care about women's rights to their own bodies. I'm not even trying to convince you the other way to be honest, you just admitted yourself that you don't care.

I believe in rights to one’s body. It’s just that when it comes to being responsible for the life of a child, I lean towards life every time. The woman is selfish enough to consider murdering what she created while being irresponsible. Why wasn’t she concerned enough about her body beforehand to protect herself?

I wonder, all the people on here who have kids…..did they have ultrasounds done during the pregnancy? I bet they did. Were they happy to hear a heartbeat, see some type of movement? These things are what make us smile knowing our babies are alive and well. Heartbeats and movements do not happen to dead babies, so how can we say they are not living and exterminate them?

I never get a response to my miscarriage question.

1 hour ago, bullets13 said:

it's a lot easier to talk on these issues with such certainty when you don't.  

True enough, but I know me. Of course I can’t speak for everyone, just trying to get my stance across. I know I will get some heat, but I won’t lie to myself.

Why else would I offer up that I don’t have a daughter?

Just now, baddog said:

I believe in rights to one’s body. It’s just that when it comes to being responsible for the life of a child, I lean towards life every time. The woman is selfish enough to consider murdering what she created while being irresponsible. Why wasn’t she concerned enough about her body beforehand to protect herself?

I wonder, all the people on here who have kids…..did they have ultrasounds done during the pregnancy? I bet they did. Were they happy to hear a heartbeat, see some type of movement? These things are what make us smile knowing our babies are alive and well. Heartbeats and movements do not happen to dead babies, so how can we say they are not living and exterminate them?

I never get a response to my miscarriage question.

That's what is the game changer in many of the crisis pregnancy centers.  The mom seeing the baby on an ultrasound.

5 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

If folks really cared about the unborn, they would donate to crisis pregnancy centers.  There are a lot of folks walking around because the mother visited one and were able to get counselling rather than go to planned parenthood.  Churches, food pantries, the list is long where folks can get help when the child is born.

We're in trouble if our main source of benevolence is the gov, they've been battling the war on poverty for decades, and it's gotten worse...by design.

What have the democrats done in the last 50 years to improve the lives of the impoverished?  Having an economy that is rolling along and providing jobs for folks is the only answer, not generational gov assistance.  IT WILL NOT SOLVE THE PROBLEM!

I think the majority of folks in this country don't want to have to 100% provide for themselves and their own.

God help us.

I think this is spot on.  I also think most people who are pro-life (and pro-choice, for that matter), are not willing to put their money where their mouth is.  Not too many folks out there are donating money to those causes, or tithing 10% (or even close to that) to allow churches afford to help out.  We live in a very selfish society these days, where everyone has strong opinions, but not many people back it up with charitable actions.  I may be on the opposite side of the abortion debate as you, but I would definitely prefer this be the answer to the problem.  

7 hours ago, bullets13 said:

I think this is spot on.  I also think most people who are pro-life (and pro-choice, for that matter), are not willing to put their money where their mouth is.  Not too many folks out there are donating money to those causes, or tithing 10% (or even close to that) to allow churches afford to help out.  We live in a very selfish society these days, where everyone has strong opinions, but not many people back it up with charitable actions.  I may be on the opposite side of the abortion debate as you, but I would definitely prefer this be the answer to the problem.  

Totally agree. The thing is that we live in a promiscuous society, live life to the fullest, Devil be damned. Most of these women are not the innocent teenager who had sex one time and got pregnant. I would say most are not married, victims of rape or incest either. Most are women who simply live a free and uncaring lifestyle, that is, until things happen that get in their way. Then they ask “society” to help them with their problem and make it go away. 
There are plenty of well funded counseling programs, but the few who seek it still need to be led by the hand. Funny how responsibility kicks in only in dire situations. 

There are some who, when their dog or cat would have an unexpected litter, would place the newborns in a burlap bag & throw them in the river.  If caught doing that now, the Law would be on you like white on rice.  Yet we legalize the killing of human fetuses.  This is the strangest thing to me.  I don’t condone either action, but look at this picture and rationalize it to me, for it makes zero sense.

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

There are some who, when their dog or cat would have an unexpected litter, would place the newborns in a burlap bag & throw them in the river.  If caught doing that now, the Law would be on you like white on rice.  Yet we legalize the killing of human fetuses.  This is the strangest thing to me.  I don’t condone either action, but look at this picture and rationalize it to me, for it makes zero sense.

The left don’t like common sense 

39 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

The left don’t like common sense 

Somehow, it’s being removed from our from society.  Whether by TV, Social Media, food/diet, or through education, I have no idea, but there are so many who don’t have it anymore.  It’s been an integral part of human development and survival.  The fact that our ultimate downfall may be attributed to the simple loss of common sense, I find ironic.

2 hours ago, Gorilla Bob said:

United States is now changing it's name to 50 States. Lets all have our own rule book

States already have their own rule books, it’s called a state Constitution. Never were intended to take marching orders from the federal gov.  I sure don’t want Texas to look like California or New York.

1 hour ago, SmashMouth said:

It’s called state’s rights. It’s a Constitutional thing. Sounds like you wouldn’t understand. Literally one of the most important features of our democracy. 

I will take the stupid statement. What I was saying by that was laws like abortion, voter regulation and DWI shouldn’t be left to the states. They should be Federal regulations. In 1973 the Supreme Court made abortion legal, so how can they tell Texas that it can make it illegal without making it illegal? Our Country is spiraling out of control because we have given states the right to defund police, legalize drugs etc.. etc. We need certain Federal laws to be re-established and upheld. I am against abortion, but not like this. It should be legal or illegal not in 1 state. If Texas decides everything is bigger in Texas let’s raise the DWI from 0.8 to 1.3 are we good with that? We have to get our government back under control. IF we survive these 4 years we can’t afford to have another Far left President or a President that 75% of America hates. This nation must meet back in the middle somewhere to survive. Agree or disagree that is my opinion

8 minutes ago, Gorilla Bob said:

I will take the stupid statement. What I was saying by that was laws like abortion, voter regulation and DWI shouldn’t be left to the states. They should be Federal regulations. In 1973 the Supreme Court made abortion legal, so how can they tell Texas that it can make it illegal without making it illegal? Our Country is spiraling out of control because we have given states the right to defund police, legalize drugs etc.. etc. We need certain Federal laws to be re-established and upheld. I am against abortion, but not like this. It should be legal or illegal not in 1 state. If Texas decides everything is bigger in Texas let’s raise the DWI from 0.8 to 1.3 are we good with that? We have to get our government back under control. IF we survive these 4 years we can’t afford to have another Far left President or a President that 75% of America hates. This nation must meet back in the middle somewhere to survive. Agree or disagree that is my opinion

"shouldn’t be left to the states" SERIOUSLY? What else would you like to "Federalize"?

How about you do some learning about our government. 

You might want to start with Article 1 section 10, then move on to the Tenth Amendment, we'll wait...

12 minutes ago, Derf Nosneb said:

"shouldn’t be left to the states" SERIOUSLY? What else would you like to "Federalize"?

How about you do some learning about our government. 

You might want to start with Article 1 section 10, then move on to the Tenth Amendment, we'll wait...

You can wait I gave my opinion and that is what it is. I believe it should be illegal, but in all 50 states not 1 I also believe a state shouldn’t have the right to defund the police that probably isn’t correct either. You probably don’t agree with the president statement either. It’s ok to disagree 

• 2 weeks later...

I’d like someone to explain to me why the Fed DOJ is trying to fight Texas’ new abortion law.  Talk about overreach.  All the 🐂💩 going on in the US, drugs flowing across open borders, violence in the cities, and defunding police, etc etc, & our DOJ focuses on a Texas abortion law.  Help, me out here fellows - why?

3 minutes ago, Hagar said:

I’d like someone to explain to me why the Fed DOJ is trying to fight Texas’ new abortion law.  Talk about overreach.  All the 🐂💩 going on in the US, drugs flowing across open borders, violence in the cities, and defunding police, etc etc, & our DOJ focuses on a Texas abortion law.  Help, me out here fellows - why?

Because it is an "emotional" argument, not a rational argument. It also keeps lemmings attention on the small stuff and not the things that effect every citizens.