Manvel mavericks vs crosby cougars

lcm93

3 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Cool, Crosby is a joke and y'all needed a kick return at the end of the game to beat us. Really doesn't say a lot about your program said that way does it? 

Yeah your right a 4ad2 team with 1000 less kids and over half the o line out due to covid is a joke cause they win however it happens

5 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I've seen Surratt go for it on 4th down inside his own 10yd line while being up in a game, that's just what he does and it normally works. 

Anywho, anyone wanna spill beans on this matchup for Friday? 

Manvel o-line mauled a nasty Dickinson front. Their backs combined for over 200 rushing yards. QB was 15-21 for 211 with two of those being drops. Secondary was a question mark coming out of preseason camp and judging from the way we played the first game IDK how much improvement we can expect to see in a week against a better qb and receiving core. We've always ran it relatively decently on Manvel but we need to show we can consistently throw the ball down the field to keep them honest. I do feel better this year than years past that we can hold up against the run but those two backs are beasts. 

5 minutes ago, Bansheefan said:

The last possession yall scored yall took over at what the 30-35 and drove the field on with that rb so yep ur right had bout70yds of that on one possession and we suck because we had one receiver that was 50% of our offense but ur one rb was 50% of yalls lol ur such a joke dude

Lol, whatever bro. Good kick return

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Isn't the title of this thread "Manvel vs. Crosby?"

You Carthage peeps give it a rest. Talk it up in the game thread of said game.

Now you see why I said there’s no value for the larger school dropping down to play a smaller school. Dude is acting like they won the super bowl. In the meantime if Crosby covers a kick and wins we’re still a 20+ point underdog to Manvel. Lol, now a fg loss on a late kick return is a “complete beating”. You can tell this is a heck of a lot bigger deal for them than it is Crosby. 

3 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I've seen Surratt go for it on 4th down inside his own 10yd line while being up in a game, that's just what he does and it normally works. 

Anywho, anyone wanna spill beans on this matchup for Friday? 

SO wait Crosby was up 17-0 and lost?  

8 hours ago, Bansheefan said:

The last possession yall scored yall took over at what the 30-35 and drove the field on with that rb so yep ur right had bout70yds of that on one possession and we suck because we had one receiver that was 50% of our offense but ur one rb was 50% of yalls lol ur such a joke dude

TBH I think the game plan was to get work in the passing game against a very disciplined defense. Crosby literally ran the same play on that last scoring drive. Those hole were big enought to run a truck through. Not to mention going single coverage all night on a D1 talent WR. We did the same thing last yr against Magnolia and gave up a ton of points but we found our corner at the end of the day

9 minutes ago, MrFleet23 said:

Not giving Crosby any chance against Manvel this week. Manvel looks like a solid  6A team. On another note. Crosby’s ranking actually went up after the loss to Carthage. Thats kinda weird to me. 

It happens, we lost in the final seconds on the road to North Shore in 2012 and moved up 3 spots. Yes weird but it happens. Maybe the pollsters were more surprised at Crosby??

On 8/30/2021 at 9:18 AM, Cougar14.2 said:

Your defense isn't that great dude, at least it wouldn't be in 5A. It should've been 31-7 at a minimum at halftime. It was poor offensive execution on our part just like y'all feel it was poor execution on Carthage's part in the first half. Jones rushed for 102 yards on 14 carries so it's not like y'all played the run great. If Myles is healthy and can take off and run the whole game it's a different story. There was virtually no RPO game with him limping around like that.

You're infatuated with trying to prove what y'all are but just needed a late game kick return to beat the #12 team in 5A-D2. We lost to Manvel by 33 points last year and still went to the D2 finals, even inside of 5A it's a whole different level of competition. In 2016 Crosby played Manvel in week 2 and lost by 14 points. The next week Manvel played North Shore and only beat them by 13 points. Not in anybody's wildest dream did they think Crosby was only one point worse than NS.  

I watched the game.  Crosby had one big play and one long drive (probably 65-70 of Jone's yards were on that drive).  the entire game, and Crosby was behind by the time your QB was limping.  Your best drive was when he was too hurt to pass and had to hand the ball off.  Now maybe Crosby's offense sucks, but y'all really didn't do much of anything against Carthage's D.  I'm not a fan of either team, but just an interested observer.  I don't think Carthage has a defense that could stop Manvel, but they made Crosby look pedestrian, even after their offense gave y'all the ball 5 times in the first half, often with great field position.  

3 hours ago, bullets13 said:

I watched the game.  Crosby had one big play and one long drive (probably 65-70 of Jone's yards were on that drive).  the entire game, and Crosby was behind by the time your QB was limping.  Your best drive was when he was too hurt to pass and had to hand the ball off.  Now maybe Crosby's offense sucks, but y'all really didn't do much of anything against Carthage's D.  I'm not a fan of either team, but just an interested observer.  I don't think Carthage has a defense that could stop Manvel, but they made Crosby look pedestrian, even after their offense gave y'all the ball 5 times in the first half, often with great field position.  

I think Prieto knew he could run the ball on Carthage but that was not the goal. I believe he was more interested in getting the QB some game reps. With the defense on the field as much as they were it would make sense to run the ball to give them some rest. But they did not They actually went in to hurry up. Could be bad coaching or a method to the madness. Either way he lost a winnable game

3 hours ago, bullets13 said:

I think they ran #5 side to side for 3 1/2 qtrs and that could’ve been why the run was successful late in the 4th.  The QB from Crosby went down awkward right before the end of the half then the cramps came.  Without him being able to run the offense was worse than it was in the 1st half.  You can’t get 5 turnovers and only score 17 points especially when one of those was a scoop and score, I agree with that.  Personally I’m hoping the run game is going to be solid to give the D some time off the field, but this week is going to be tough!

3 hours ago, MrFleet23 said:

I think Prieto knew he could run the ball on Carthage but that was not the goal. I believe he was more interested in getting the QB some game reps. With the defense on the field as much as they were it would make sense to run the ball to give them some rest. But they did not They actually went in to hurry up. Could be bad coaching or a method to the madness. Either way he lost a winnable game

Not an unreasonable response.  I will say that if he wasn’t worried about winning the game as much as working on the things you say, I don’t know why he had the qb in risking injury when he could barely walk.  

3 hours ago, CougarCal said:

I think they ran #5 side to side for 3 1/2 qtrs and that could’ve been why the run was successful late in the 4th.  The QB from Crosby went down awkward right before the end of the half then the cramps came.  Without him being able to run the offense was worse than it was in the 1st half.  You can’t get 5 turnovers and only score 17 points especially when one of those was a scoop and score, I agree with that.  Personally I’m hoping the run game is going to be solid to give the D some time off the field, but this week is going to be tough!

Also a reasonable response.

17 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Not an unreasonable response.  I will say that if he wasn’t worried about winning the game as much as working on the things you say, I don’t know why he had the qb in risking injury when he could barely walk.  

This!! It tells me they don't have a QB2 right now. They better develop one ASAP just in case. 

On 8/30/2021 at 1:54 PM, BlackShirts5 said:

SO wait Crosby was up 17-0 and lost?  

Yes. Not that 17 points is a huge lead but I honestly don't remember Crosby losing any game they were up that much in. Should've comfortably beaten George Ranch in the opener last year too, offense looked just as clunky as it did in last week's opener though. Turned out well, hopefully the same happens this year?