Nederland vs Memorial Scrimmage

Reagan

1 minute ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

MHS coaching staff gonna have a hard time deciding is the Soph ready to be QB2 or still have Williams (our best returning WR) as QB2.  Nice problem to have. 🤷🏾‍♂️😎

#16 has legit qb skills, very strong arm & solid accuracy. Would not be a bad choice to start him IMO. 

2 minutes ago, spidersal said:

appears that the Dogs will be fighting for 3rd, 4th, or 5th in district with PNG and TC. They have not looked good in their 2 scrimmages 

It was 7-7 at half.   Seems Nederland subbed a lot of players early in the 2nd half.  

IMO a scrimmage in no way, shape, or form, gives an accurate representation of a team.  Give it a few weeks.  Time will tell the tale.  

Y’all crazy as hell talking about Nederland going to struggle solely based on a scrimmage. I have seen Nederland time and time again be 0-3 1-2 going into district and run the table… let’s address where we might end up in a few weeks. Until then let Monte and company do their work and magic on the kids and the let the kids go to work. 

PS PAM is probably going to go back to back district champs this year again. I have them at least 3 rounds deep. It’s a great test and grow up session for our dogs. Best of luck to the Titans this year! This bulldog will be rooting for y’all 

last year the Dogs offense was explosive had a fantastic RB and a good QB. It appears that the talent level has dropped off at those 2 positions and it also seems like the secondary’s talent level has dropped off. hope you are right and hope they improve, but as of now I don’t think they will score more than 7 vs WOS. hope I am wrong. sure want to see them do well

2 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

@KF89 hey keep a lookout for the JV QB for MHS, sophomore, very lightskin kid, about 6ft or 6'1. Tell me what you think if he gets in on the Varsity scrimmage, he got snaps last week versus WB varsity. And our SR transfer RB, he's a short kid but stocky. 

Oh Chaney my boy….great kid,is he getting the nod to start over there?Hated seeing him leave but in his case I think he made the right decision!!

3 minutes ago, wo-s#1 said:

Oh Chaney my boy….great kid,is he getting the nod to start over there?Hated seeing him leave but in his case I think he made the right decision!!

No. Adrian Hayward is the starter, probably the 2nd best RB in the area honestly, especially out in the passing game. But Chaney will be getting alot of run though, that kid runs hard and I've seen him run over folks from his time at wos thru scrimmages here at MHS. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

MHS coaching staff gonna have a hard time deciding is the Soph ready to be QB2 or still have Williams (our best returning WR) as QB2.  Nice problem to have. 🤷🏾‍♂️😎

When Crosby went 4 deep and lost to Cedar Park @ UT they had the exact same problem. It’s a nice one to have.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

No. Adrian Hayward is the starter, probably the 2nd best RB in the area honestly, especially out in the passing game. But Chaney will be getting alot of run though, that kid runs hard and I've seen him run over folks from his time at wos thru scrimmages here at MHS. 

I am somewhat out of the loop with most teams around these days but I thought y’all did have a stud still there! Yeah he got some feet on him too and don’t shy away from no contact either for sure!!

1 hour ago, navydawg31 said:

Y’all crazy as hell talking about Nederland going to struggle solely based on a scrimmage. I have seen Nederland time and time again be 0-3 1-2 going into district and run the table… let’s address where we might end up in a few weeks. Until then let Monte and company do their work and magic on the kids and the let the kids go to work. 

PS PAM is probably going to go back to back district champs this year again. I have them at least 3 rounds deep. It’s a great test and grow up session for our dogs. Best of luck to the Titans this year! This bulldog will be rooting for y’all 

Yep,  as long as they continue to improve in the non-district games I’m fine.  They usually have everything lined out by district.  Just have to keep everyone healthy.

1 hour ago, navydawg31 said:

You know some folks take scrimmages too seriously (hell there's one we both know about from PA), happens every year, hopefully both teams got at least somewhat of their agenda done coming into the scrimmage without any injuries going into Week-1. 

Good luck to Nederland this year as well. 

"AJ (Hayward) catches the ball really well, (Jaqualion) Chaney is just downhill, Marco (Hayes) is shifty and can play receiver. Kendrick Sam is a steady guy, who can do everything and play both of our running back positions." — Memorial coach Brian Morgan

This is the hidden content, please

Like I said before in the off-season we'll have 4 RBs that'll run the rock and a little more this season. Just stay healthy please. 

45 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

"AJ (Hayward) catches the ball really well, (Jaqualion) Chaney is just downhill, Marco (Hayes) is shifty and can play receiver. Kendrick Sam is a steady guy, who can do everything and play both of our running back positions." — Memorial coach Brian Morgan

This is the hidden content, please

Like I said before in the off-season we'll have 4 RBs that'll run the rock and a little more this season. Just stay healthy please. 

If any of those RBs need a big O-Line to run behind and wants 25 carries a game, I know a guy 😂.

#bellcow #mailbox