Memorial Weekend

Hagar

Had soldiers not fought and died for us, we wouldn’t be here. How anyone can’t express their gratitude for those who gave the ultimate sacrifice is beyond me. I always think of the storming of the beaches at Normandy, the turning point for Hitler’s demise. It was probably the most courageous battle ever fought. Thank you to all who have served.

When I went to Saudi they told us that most would not come back.  Went to an East coast base before flying out and had a guy from my shop who had cross-trained over into NBC (nuclear-biological-chemical).  He checked out all the stuff my base had given me and 90% was shelved and on his “do not issue” list.  Thankfully, Sadam wasn’t as capable as we thought.  All that to say is I can’t imagine being 18, on a ship and prepping to land on a beach.  You absolutely know what is about to happen because that is what you’ve been training for.  Yet those guys did it, many giving the ultimate sacrifice, to afford us the opportunity to be a free country.  God bless our military, God bless those who have sacrificed everything and God bless those families who have received that notification their loved one will never be coming home.  God bless America!

This is the hidden content, please

From the article:

New York Times writer Margaret Renkl scolded Americans in a Memorial Day weekend column who "refused" to give up social gatherings to prevent the spread of the coronavirus, but alternatively celebrated gatherings of Black Lives Matter protestors in various columns she wrote last year.

The liberal writer seemingly ignored her past writings lauding the number of people attending Black Lives Matter protests amid the early months of the pandemic. She blasted those Americans she sarcastically referred to as "patriots," blaming them for the lack of "another kind of Memorial Day," in which the lives saved from the coronavirus by Americans joining together in a commitment to national service may have otherwise been known.  

It's tough to stomach that brave men and women have given their lives so bottom feeders like this can spew their crap...smh.