Ma'Khia Bryant Shooting

bullets13

30 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

It's amazing to me how many people are legitimately upset that a police officer shot a person who was actively trying to murder two other people. 

This is the hidden content, please

If we continue down this path,  officers will pause or do nothing and innocent people will be killed. He made a split second decision and even in this anti-police climate, he made the right choice knowing what he knew.  Some stories report the deceased is the one that called the cops, and those girls came on her property attacking her.  I have no clue if that is rumor or fact. 

37 minutes ago, thetragichippy said:

If we continue down this path,  officers will pause or do nothing and innocent people will be killed. He made a split second decision and even in this anti-police climate, he made the right choice knowing what he knew.  Some stories report the deceased is the one that called the cops, and those girls came on her property attacking her.  I have no clue if that is rumor or fact. 

Rumor works better these days. At least that’s the rumor. lol

Looking at the Facebook comments are either hilarious or sad according to how you look at it. Comments such as, the officer should have tried to talk her down. In the middle of a knife swing? 

Or, she called 911 so you can’t shoot her.

I could list about 100 more examples but that is stupidity at its finest.

But I know that  people like to play the what if game. So what if it was a white female try to stab A black female? If the officer did nothing, what would the narrative be?

Here is my opinion only going to Texas law. 
1. it does not matter who called 911.

2. There is no way for the officer to know who made the call or any other circumstances such as bullying (which doesn’t justify stabbing) before his arrival.

3. Presented with these circumstances, there is simply no time for de-escalation or talking anyone down as has been suggested. The person is in the middle of an attack.

4. Under Texas law, any person could have shot and killed the girl with the knife in her hand. All that is required to protect another person, even a person that is not known to you, is a reasonable belief that had you been in the same situation, deadly force would have been justified. So a person can put themselves in the position of the girl against the car who is trying to fend off the knife attack.

5. Age has no relevance in the justified use of deadly force.

6. I see no way anyone can say the officer made a mistake looking at the facts that he saw however, even if the officer might have been technically wrong if some people‘s opinion, it would still be justified under the law. The Texas law on self-defense (for anyone) or the  use of force by police officer, is a reasonable belief. 

7. The United States Supreme Court in Graham v. Connor said that in viewing force by a police officer, you must place yourself in the position of that officer having to make a split second decision. In Graham the officers used force against a guy who they believe may have just committed an armed robbery and was resisting. As it turned out the person was completely innocent and was having a diabetic crisis. A UNANIMOUS Supreme Court found that the officers use of force was justified even against the innocent person because they had a reason to believe that he was resisting arrest from an armed robbery. They had no way of knowing that he was going into insulin shock and actually needed treatment. In that ruling the Supreme Court said that you have to look through the eyes of the officer who had to make a split second decision and not one made several months later in a judge’s chambers when there is time to look at all the facts. That is why if a person shoots a man in self defense coming at him with a gun and it later turns out that the gun was a toy, it is still justified. The facts are that the person using self-defense was in no danger but there was a reasonable belief of danger when presented with the situation.

8. Also under Texas law, if you claim self-defense or defense of another person, you do not have to prove that self-defense was needed. The state has to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the self-defense or defense of another was not needed.

2 hours ago, Realville said:

911 what’s your emergency?

“Someone just broke into my house... and he’s got a gun. Please send help!”

Do you promise to sign a waiver to not vilify the cop who may have to shoot the perpetrator?

Here you go...

14 hours ago, tvc184 said:

Looking at the Facebook comments are either hilarious or sad according to how you look at it. Comments such as, the officer should have tried to talk her down. In the middle of a knife swing? 

Or, she called 911 so you can’t shoot her.

I could list about 100 more examples but that is stupidity at its finest.

But I know that  people like to play the what if game. So what if it was a white female try to stab A black female? If the officer did nothing, what would the narrative be?

Here is my opinion only going to Texas law. 
1. it does not matter who called 911.

2. There is no way for the officer to know who made the call or any other circumstances such as bullying (which doesn’t justify stabbing) before his arrival.

3. Presented with these circumstances, there is simply no time for de-escalation or talking anyone down as has been suggested. The person is in the middle of an attack.

4. Under Texas law, any person could have shot and killed the girl with the knife in her hand. All that is required to protect another person, even a person that is not known to you, is a reasonable belief that had you been in the same situation, deadly force would have been justified. So a person can put themselves in the position of the girl against the car who is trying to fend off the knife attack.

5. Age has no relevance in the justified use of deadly force.

6. I see no way anyone can say the officer made a mistake looking at the facts that he saw however, even if the officer might have been technically wrong if some people‘s opinion, it would still be justified under the law. The Texas law on self-defense (for anyone) or the  use of force by police officer, is a reasonable belief. 

7. The United States Supreme Court in Graham v. Connor said that in viewing force by a police officer, you must place yourself in the position of that officer having to make a split second decision. In Graham the officers used force against a guy who they believe may have just committed an armed robbery and was resisting. As it turned out the person was completely innocent and was having a diabetic crisis. A UNANIMOUS Supreme Court found that the officers use of force was justified even against the innocent person because they had a reason to believe that he was resisting arrest from an armed robbery. They had no way of knowing that he was going into insulin shock and actually needed treatment. In that ruling the Supreme Court said that you have to look through the eyes of the officer who had to make a split second decision and not one made several months later in a judge’s chambers when there is time to look at all the facts. That is why if a person shoots a man in self defense coming at him with a gun and it later turns out that the gun was a toy, it is still justified. The facts are that the person using self-defense was in no danger but there was a reasonable belief of danger when presented with the situation.

8. Also under Texas law, if you claim self-defense or defense of another person, you do not have to prove that self-defense was needed. The state has to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the self-defense or defense of another was not needed.

She was mere milliseconds away from stabbing the young lady in the neck. The officer made the right decision. I am impressed with his accuracy and precision. Most people that I have encountered that are mad do not know the full story. They think she was in her yard holding the knife in her hand, and the cop jumped out and killed her. When they see the video, most understand. I am glad that the cop had his dashcam on. The deceased family was telling a different version of events.

You have to wonder, if it had been a white girl going to stab a black girl & the Police killed her - would that be okay with Lebron?   The guy has an IQ of a gnat.

And no reaction by Twitter.  That outfit is run by people with communist mentality.  I’d like to shove the “hammer & sickle” where the sun don’t shine.

3 hours ago, Realville said:

If Lebron James was  a Conservative, he would’ve been cancelled by the Left immediately. But no, the Left embraces his hypocrisy and utter stupidity. Plus, the guy loves China way more than he loves America.

Hey Lebron.  Put a knife in your and come at someone aggressively and “you ll be next.”

He s a product of his upbringing.

he s been put upon a pedistool and worshiped because he can put a ball into a basket. Someone with as big of a following could influence others to do good (a more worthy cause)but he decides to use racism for evil.  What an indoctrinated pawn.

We're ALL blaming the wrong people.  If you don't believe that we're being sold a bill of goods by the media, check this out.

Thirteen year old boy shot by police in Chicago.  Barely a peep from the media and not a peep from the LeBrons and Ben Crumps of the world.

Sixteen year old kid with an airsoft gun shot and killed by the police in Maryland.  Why is there no coverage, outrage and protests?

Both of these shootings happened during the last month.  No outcry, no protest, nothing.  

The powers that be in the media and on the left don't want blacks and whites to get along, period.  I guess the only question is whether or not the coming race war will be worth the votes, views, and likes for which they're pimping themselves. 

Pretty obvious that the gloves are off.  The MSM makes no attempt at pretending to be unbiased.  And imagine, I used to shake my head when I’d read or hear what 🐂💩 Pravda was feeding to people in the USSR.  Now we’re getting fed the same thing.  😢

42 minutes ago, Hagar said:

You have to wonder, if it had been a white girl going to stab a black girl & the Police killed her - would that be okay with Lebron?   The guy has an IQ of a gnat.

And no reaction by Twitter.  That outfit is run by people with communist mentality.  I’d like to shove the “hammer & sickle” where the sun don’t shine.

I think he had the wrong info when he made the comment. It was initially reported that a black female called the police dept for help. She was standing in her yard, alone, holding a knife, and an officer shot her. I am glad the officer has his dashcam on.

1 minute ago, Big girl said:

I think he had the wrong info when he made the comment. It was initially reported that a black female called the police dept for help. She was standing in her yard, alone, holding a knife, and an officer shot her. I am glad the officer has his dashcam on.

I'm sure that he, like most, had bad information when they started assassinating the character of this policeman.  But, given the time and opportunity to make a correction, Lebron neither apologized to the officer he'd wronged or admitted that he'd made a mistake at all.   Instead he gave this garbage... What's he still so angry about?  What does he mean by "may justice prevail?"  Instead of admitting that he messed up, he whines about "i was just angry and everybody else "used my words to create more racism."  No Lebron, your words come from a place of racism.  It's a good thing he can dribble a basketball... because otherwise he's just a piece of crap.

ANGER does any of us any good and that includes myself! Gathering all the facts and educating does though! My anger still is here for what happened that lil girl. My sympathy for her family and may justice prevail! 🙏🏾✊🏾🤎👑

— LeBron James (@KingJames) 

I'm so damn tired of seeing Black people killed by police. I took the tweet down because its being used to create more hate -This isn't about one officer. it's about the entire system and they always use our words to create more racism. I am so desperate for more ACCOUNTABILITY

— LeBron James (@KingJames) 

18 minutes ago, Big girl said:

One should have all their info before posting such a racist tweet. Ya think?