Reparations 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

5GallonBucket

11 hours ago, UT alum said:

No, not the solution today. I proposed free post-secondary education.

As for abandonment, with Kirby closure and railroad abandonment jobs left and so did people. I don’t think the west side real estate market is very solid, so abandonment may have been best option. That’s making a wild assumption that most residents owned their property to begin with. Watch The Banker on the Apple TV app.

Ok, I like that answer. Kirby and the railroad. So why wasn’t the “other side” of town similarly affected? But it’s not just true of Silsbee…. It’s every town in SETX that has a heavily minority population. 

I just have a hard time accepting that “racism” is why black home ownership (and the accompanying personal wealth) is low, when we could literally drive to one part of any town and find dozens of abandoned homesites with unpaid taxes and deceased owners. This is simply not true of the other part of town. But then an “educated” black person would turn around and tell me that it’s my fault that they didn’t handle their business. 

11 hours ago, UT alum said:

No, not the solution today. I proposed free post-secondary education.

As for abandonment, with Kirby closure and railroad abandonment jobs left and so did people. I don’t think the west side real estate market is very solid, so abandonment may have been best option. That’s making a wild assumption that most residents owned their property to begin with. Watch The Banker on the Apple TV app.

To be honest, they’ve tried your solutions and they don’t work. Black kids drop out of college at much higher rates than their white counterparts. Your solution is to make an education that they don’t want free to them, as if it isn’t already? The kids who are motivated enough to go to school now will still be motivated. Public high schools are free and you can’t get black kids to stay enrolled.  Free college won’t make a difference. 

My buddy owns a shipyard in Orange and they can’t get guys to show up for work every day. Ownership proposed a weekly bonus of $150 for hands that made it to work all five days. He said it was a waste because the guys who previously came to work all week started getting a bonus… but the guys that called in just kept on calling in and never got the bonus: the problem wasn’t compensation, it’s individuals’ lack of work ethic.  

10 hours ago, Big girl said:

Not true. Only disinfranchised, uneducated white men think so. You thought my son was an athlete or got into Baylor because of affirmative action. He had a 4,9 on a 4.0, tested out of numerous college courses etc. He earned it

He’s a rarity, and will spend his life trying to prove to himself and others that he earned it…. That’s a very real and unfortunate side affect of giving people something that they didn’t earn… except because of their race. 

10 hours ago, Big girl said:

A black kid accidentally stepped on a white girls shoe in an elevator. He was arrested. A rumor spread and it was stated that he raped  the girl. A mob of angry white men gathered near the jail. They wanted to lynch the "boy". Black men went there in an attempt to protect the poor fellow. The sheriff convinced the black men to leave, because he said he had it all under control. A white man attempted to take a black man's gun, even though he had one. That is how things started. Where did they get the planes and bombs from?

The articles that I’ve read indicates that the newspapers printed inflammatory articles about a lynching being scheduled. I guess they’ve been stirring both sides up for a while, huh? 

The fact remains that neither side was blameless. You are so upset about this riot, but not about all of the other ones that your side “won.” Are you busy protesting the fact that blacks destroyed Korean businesses in LA in your lifetime? Nope. Not a bit. 

We’d all be in a lot better place if we could live in a post-racial society, but nobody wants to let go of the past. 

20 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

UT is going to be really sad when he realizes that he owes the white man a big debt of gratitude for the husbandry programs that nurtured the bloodlines that we see in professional sports today.  

😂🤣😂

I am white.  Your quote here places the black man pretty close to cattle. Husbandry? Really? You got your hood on?

3 hours ago, UT alum said:

I am white.  Your quote here places the black man pretty close to cattle. Husbandry? Really? You got your hood on?

Do you really think that slave owners (many of whom bred livestock) weren’t doing the same thing with their slaves? Those people were literally treated like cattle. Just property. Bred to be sold in many cases…. It created an unintended benefit for the descendants of slave owners… many of whom have made fortunes based on genetics that were refined by old racist slavers. Kinda ironic, wouldn’t you say?

5 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Ok, I like that answer. Kirby and the railroad. So why wasn’t the “other side” of town similarly affected? But it’s not just true of Silsbee…. It’s every town in SETX that has a heavily minority population. 

I just have a hard time accepting that “racism” is why black home ownership (and the accompanying personal wealth) is low, when we could literally drive to one part of any town and find dozens of abandoned homesites with unpaid taxes and deceased owners. This is simply not true of the other part of town. But then an “educated” black person would turn around and tell me that it’s my fault that they didn’t handle their business. 

What do you think about redlining? Also, there were cities where blacks were really prosperous and white people destroyed them. Rosewood is an example. Also cities in which blacks were doing well were targets of the kkk. They terrorized blacks, and destroyed cities, the blacks that could afford to move did, the others stayed in the city. This was the start of the ghetto.

2 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Do you really think that slave owners (many of whom bred livestock) weren’t doing the same thing with their slaves? Those people were literally treated like cattle. Just property. Bred to be sold in many cases…. It created an unintended benefit for the descendants of slave owners… many of whom have made fortunes based on genetics that were refined by old racist slavers. Kinda ironic, wouldn’t you say?

What? Is that supposed to make us feel better. My ancestors were brutalized, raped, tortured etc. Do you really thing that they would state that what they endured was worth it so that some in  their lineage could become rich. Black people are not superior athletically. It depends on the sport.

6 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

UT is going to be really sad when he realizes that he owes the white man a big debt of gratitude for the husbandry programs that nurtured the bloodlines that we see in professional sports today.  

😂🤣😂

This has to be the most stupid comment supporting slavery ever. I am 51 and this is right here, wow. 😅

7 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

The articles that I’ve read indicates that the newspapers printed inflammatory articles about a lynching being scheduled. I guess they’ve been stirring both sides up for a while, huh? 

The fact remains that neither side was blameless. You are so upset about this riot, but not about all of the other ones that your side “won.” Are you busy protesting the fact that blacks destroyed Korean businesses in LA in your lifetime? Nope. Not a bit. 

We’d all be in a lot better place if we could live in a post-racial society, but nobody wants to let go of the past. 

Black Wallstreet was bombed. Where did they get the planes and the bombs?

34 minutes ago, Big girl said:

What? Is that supposed to make us feel better. My ancestors were brutalized, raped, tortured etc. Do you really thing that they would state that what they endured was worth it so that some in  their lineage could become rich. Black people are not superior athletically. It depends on the sport.

Hey, but if the white man coughs up some dough, all will be forgotten, right? How shallow of you that you would profit from that. Simply amazing.  Remember, the democrats brought you the kkk, and don’t give me that party switch thing again. 

What percentage of "black" do you have to be? 

I'm 14% North African - but I am 48% French, would I qualify?  

How much would each individual receive?  

Would it be cash? Credit for education? A retirement fund? 

Who is paying for this? 

My family was too poor to own slaves, am I exempt from paying? 

There are too many variables to make this plausible, 

27 minutes ago, baddog said:

Hey, but if the white man coughs up some dough, all will be forgotten, right? How shallow of you that you would profit from that. Simply amazing.  Remember, the democrats brought you the kkk, and don’t give me that party switch thing again. 

It is the truth. Why were the freed slaves not offered reparations?

8 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

He’s a rarity, and will spend his life trying to prove to himself and others that he earned it…. That’s a very real and unfortunate side affect of giving people something that they didn’t earn… except because of their race. 

He is not a rarity. I have 2 college degrees, his dad has one, his aunt also has a degree. Every kid that my parents raised have degrees. There are about 30 people in my extended family that are college educated.

On 12/20/2022 at 3:13 PM, baddog said:

Last time……40 acres and a mule. Didn’t they pass it on to you?

research before posting. "After Lincolns assassination in 1865, that order was reversed and the land given to black families would be rescinded and returned to White Confederate landowners."

Edited by thetragichippy
We don't call people names