Lumberton 67 West Orange-Stark 62/FINAL

WOSgrad

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to Lumberton 67 West Orange-Stark 62/FINAL
5 minutes ago, JACK OF ALL TRADES said:

Lumberton lived at the line all night.  If my Mustangs breathed on the they went to the line.  Good team but the refs had too much of an impact.

I don’t see Lumberton coming close to my Mustangs next year.  

I promise lumberton coach will have Lumberton ready to go, he’s one one of the best coaches in the area.

18 minutes ago, JACK OF ALL TRADES said:

Lumberton lived at the line all night.  If my Mustangs breathed on the they went to the line.  Good team but the refs had too much of an impact.

I don’t see Lumberton coming close to my Mustangs next year.  

🤦‍♀️ Your Mustangs were wrapping our boys up almost every time we had the ball! 

@Benchwarmer9 don’t know ya’lls coach but I know ours and I know Wilson will have our boys ready.  We also return a lot.  Plus our JV last night beat ya’lls with mostly freshman on it.  Your coach is going to have to have them ready or you guys will get blown out.

I know you won’t have #24 to lean on and that’s why I see you guys losing first round.  Under Wilson these ain’t the same Mustangs 

54 minutes ago, JACK OF ALL TRADES said:

@Benchwarmer9 don’t know ya’lls coach but I know ours and I know Wilson will have our boys ready.  We also return a lot.  Plus our JV last night beat ya’lls with mostly freshman on it.  Your coach is going to have to have them ready or you guys will get blown out.

I know you won’t have #24 to lean on and that’s why I see you guys losing first round.  Under Wilson these ain’t the same Mustangs 

And our jv was our jv and fresh together 

3 hours ago, JACK OF ALL TRADES said:

Lumberton has 8 guys returning and 4 3 starters back, they lost 5 key guys last year and picked this year to not make the playoffs. 

8 hours ago, whsalum said:

I believe the #4 in the other district could very possibly win this district. 

I think you’re right, if healthy.  Should be an interesting first round slate or games.   

HJ is still the biggest threat to Yates in this region.   Here’s to all our teams staying healthy.  

24 and 4 combine for at least 50 points and 16 rebounds every game I can’t see Lumberton recovering that and everyone keeps saying Lumberton is young they aren’t young they just have a BIG TIME PLAYER IN 24 who is carrying those guys you remove him it will make it hard for them to score because he’s one of the most efficient shooters in the state 

18 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I predict Lumberton and WOS will be battling for 2nd next year.  But let’s let this season play out and then that will be a good argument over the off season. 

If Lumberton battles for second next year then Coach Mitchell will be working some magic. Not much help moving up from the under level program. I agree though, let’s let the Raiders enjoy this season. Josh has started changing the culture around there, they will start to get better year in and year out. Somewhere in south Hardin County there’s a kid imitating Brock McClure’s jump shot. That ain’t ever happened before in Lumberton Texas. That’s the first step in building a successful program and the Raiders have taken it.

6 minutes ago, underdog15 said:

24 and 4 combine for at least 50 points and 16 rebounds every game I can’t see Lumberton recovering that and everyone keeps saying Lumberton is young they aren’t young they just have a BIG TIME PLAYER IN 24 who is carrying those guys you remove him it will make it hard for them to score because he’s one of the most efficient shooters in the state 

Lumberton has 3 descent sophs a freshman post back and the starting post back, when you have 6ft4, 6ft3, and 6ft3 in starting lineup you will give teams trouble. 

11 minutes ago, Benchwarmer9 said:

Lumberton has 3 descent sophs a freshman post back and the starting post back, when you have 6ft4, 6ft3, and 6ft3 in starting lineup you will give teams trouble. 

Not necessarily. Seen many teams with that kind of lineup lose badly to teams with much smaller lineups. Something about one team not being able to get the ball across half court.

Height is nice when the guard play for each team is equal but it certainly isn't the end all be all.