Beaumont Central at Lumberton Predictions?

Guest TravelingBandsman

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest maverick24

speed is  gonna kill lumberton in this one

Wow First it was the weak schedule will not have yall prepared for this district, Second Dayton is way too big and has way to much speed Third It was Vidor will beat yall by 14 at Vidor because yall are over rated.  Now it is Centrals speed will kill us, Come on Guys get real!!!!!

Central is a good Team Lumberton is a good team game could go either way but as a Raider fan I pick Lumberton. We held a meeting and we dont care if the Haters give us respect we know who we are. I would like to say thanks for all the kind words of encouragement from the M.C. and Beaumont fans that have said those things. The ones that dont believe thats ok just check back in few more weeks. I don't think we will go undefeated I think we just need to win one game against PNG, Central, or Ned. I think that puts us at 5-2 and a good shot at the playoffs. 

Guest TravelingBandsman

PN-G, Central, and Ned will be your 3 district losses. I like Lumberton but I don't see them in the playoffs this year. Maybe 4th place at best.

Other than Hall, I did not find them to be blazing fast. I do not consider Nederland to be an overly fast team and we won several footraces in this game. We don't have anyone that can run with DHall and he burnt us a few times. But, we did fine against the rest of their guys. I am picking Central to win this game by 7, but I think Lumberton is better than most naysayers think.

this is going to be another test... every week we wake up monday morning and come out ready to practice... who ever prepares for this game better will probably win... our coaches do a great job teaching us what we need to know every week... and about this whole speed ordeal...it was the same case with dayton.. and if you think back dayton won district in the 4 x 4 relay...2nd place...ozen...3rd place....Lumberton..beating central who took fourth...so we are all fat and run 5.5 fourtys... lol kidding but we arent as slow as people give us credit for...not one team in this district can be taken litely...by any team...every week is a new challenge for us...a coach can teach technique but cant teach effort... and like coach Creuder always says to us " the will to win is usless without the will to prepare "....and to end my preaching.. who do i think will win?....ill let you know thursday after practice..lol

yea dme your right.. in order to be taken more seriously we have to prove ourselves.. but.. after we won our non district games..every one said..prove your good and beat dayton...we did...now last week all we heard was its a fluke...ill believe it afer you beat vidor...we beat vidor.  as a player and as the season goes by.. im begining to accept that alot of south east texas has a problem with us being successful this far.. now i dont speak for the team but.. i dont care what south east texas thinks.. it makes me want to win even more when people tell us we are overrated or just getting lucky..  our team as a whole have been preparing for this season for a long time.. no matter what people say about us.. all that we think about is preparing for the next game..

I am not trying to down or discourage the athletes from Lumberton. I know that this season has been long coming for the Lumberton faithful.  I am happy for yall... I think yall will make the playoffs. However there are Lumberton fans that are getting way ahead of themselves. I don't believe Yall have beaten a team with more than 1 or 2 win under there belt. Yall have beaten teams that suck other than dayton... they were very short handed when yall played them.

Like I said.. beat Central and you have a very good team and very good shot at the district crown. 

yea buddy i feel ya.. but the fans dont speak for us.. one of the biggest thing our coaches teach us is disipline so we generally try to stay in line and keep our mouths closed.. coach creuder always tells us " let the scoreboard do the talking. "  and we do... the players and coaching staff i mean.. the fans are excited our community has high hopes for us... and we are tryin our best to not let them down.. but i dont think one player on our team has let the smack talk from other schools get to us... we just store it in our head and try and remember it  on the field..

We can win this one but its gonna be a dirty fight.  Lumberton Defense will refuse to give Central more than 14 points so our offense will need to step up.  Lumberton 21-14.

I hope Central's Half time show is less...well just less.  Last year between the announcer cussing and rapping on the air and the band "doin the Dog" and the James Brown, it was pretty unbearable...

Hater! ::)

We can win this one but its gonna be a dirty fight.  Lumberton Defense will refuse to give Central more than 14 points so our offense will need to step up.  Lumberton 21-14.

I hope Central's Half time show is less...well just less.  Last year between the announcer cussing and rapping on the air and the band "doin the Dog" and the James Brown, it was pretty unbearable...

their halftime show is pretty revolting isn't it! Most definitely not a PG rating.

I like Centrals halftime show--very entertaining.

As for Lumberton I hope they are for real but I believe that they caught Dayton at the "right" time for a victory--Go out and prove it--beat Central and you are for real---I do not see it happening--

Central wins by 17.

Hater! ::)

I actually look forward to the halftime show at Central. It is the most entertaining band around. My fiance was very upset that they did not perform instead. Instead, we had to watch the most prolonged, drug out Homecoming Court in the history of high school football! I wanted to see the band break it down!

This is a tough game to call. Lumberton has deservedly gotten to the point of being believers that they will win. They are pumped up and ready to take on the world. A loss however to Central however bumps them off of their lofty perch. Lumberton will play a tough game to keep that from happening.

Central is a very good team but with their backs almost to the wall. As a district favorite, to start 1-2 would be a tough blow with PN-G and Dayton still on the schedule. Central isn't dead by a long stretch and could still win the district championship. They just can't afford any more slip ups.

I think it may make for a barn burner this week.

The jags halftime show is part of their strategy.

Lumberton will finally run out of steam after watching the Central Jaguars band halftime show on the bigscreen.  After the break down and rolly doggy James Brown show, they blow their 21 point halftime lead. At least the NHS bulldogs had enough lead before the halftime to survive.

Central 37

Lumberton 21

central 33

lumberton 20

I wish lumberton had played anyone but vidor this week.  a lot of lumberton fans wanted to prove that the dayton win wasn't a fluke, and a lot of lumberton haters wanted to see lumberton come down to earth.  it stinks that lumberton ended up playing the only team in the district that they would gain little or no respect for beating.  next week lumberton has a real test, and i don't think they'll win, but i do think they'll put on a much better show than in years past.  

If Central shows up the way they showed up in the second half of Yesterday's game. Central 42 - 14.  We're still looking for a complete game out of our boys.  We played 2 quarters against the Bulldogs.  I think the raiders picked the wrong time to be 5-0 facing the Jags.

Or maybe Nederland didn't show up the second half.  If we are going by wins, looks to me that the real proof that Lumberton might be for real is either PNG or Nederland.  That said  theirs no doubt that this will be a tough test and an important game for both teams if they want to make the playoffs.  My guess is the coaches from both schools are not as confident as the fans on this board.

If Central shows up the way they showed up in the second half of Yesterday's game. Central 42 - 14.  We're still looking for a complete game out of our boys.  We played 2 quarters against the Bulldogs.  I think the raiders picked the wrong time to be 5-0 facing the Jags.

If Central does not show up for 4 quarters playing in Lumberton....They will get beat.  Lumberton is a good team.  Central is just a tad better than Ozen

yea, that's right, go ahead and talk talk, talk.  Jags will show up and do what they set out to do.  So Get your jokes in on the halftime show.  You know what they say, we cant satisfy everyone, and we realy don't care about makeing the 'Lumberton' fans happy.  Get real and watch and enjoy a nice high school game.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    daxebeg833
    Newest Member
    daxebeg833